Smashing Pumpkins

4 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

stuff

You sound like the type of person that eats 90% of their meal and the demands the manager comps the entire bill because it was the wrong order & you think that you're "sticking it to the restaurant" because they underpay their staff. If you said something from the start, hell, even a couple months after getting it and not being happy with is, sure, ask for a replacement or a refund, I totally support that. but waiting years for something better to come out and expecting it to get it for free is bullshit.

4 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Do I find it utterly pathetic when a set of  consumers with comparatively no power other than the purchasing power of their dollar and the choice of where to spend it IMMEDIATELY unconsciously sides with a large multi-million dollar company when the issue of a dispute regarding a malfunctioning product comes up?

IS anyone siding with them? I think if anything most of us are just pessimistic that you'll get what you're looking for. I don't think anyone is looking like a corporate bootlicker here.

But at some point there has to be a statute of limitations for a return/exchange/refund. And I get that a label should make good on flawed products, but the history of the vinyl records shows that stores can't even return product. So you've got an uphill battle.

But go for it. I'm sure people that still have an IGD positive copy would love to return it. 

Edited by timsimmons

1 minute ago, SNEAKORDS said:

You sound like the type of person that eats 90% of their meal and the demands the manager comps the entire bill because it was the wrong order & you think that you're "sticking it to the restaurant" because they underpay their staff. If you said something from the start, hell, even a couple months after getting it and not being happy with is, sure, ask for a replacement or a refund, I totally support that. but waiting years for something better to come out and expecting it to get it for free is bullshit.

Its not free. The money was already paid and I have in no allegorical way consumed "90%" of the record set and then demanded a refund. That is not even close to what is being discussed here. I want a replacement for something that is fully in tact but erroneously built by a party that was paid for a product that isn't me. There is in no way only 10% of the original product left to return so again your analogies are absolutely irrelevant.

Nothing about my issues has an analog role to an underpaid staff. So your real issues is simply the amount of time it took me to take care of this problem? Which, by the way, the problem itself is not my fault. What if I was in a coma for 10 years. Would you grant me any leeway then? I wasn't but I'm just curious. The thing that is out now is not simply "better" it IS simply the accurately produced correct product that was promised in the first place but not delivered. There is no special feature added to the current product that wasn't available before. My copy of the product has a deficit. The new product corrects the deficit with NO extra special and previously unavailable components. Get it together. You're not even speaking in the same plane of existence. You just don't like how long it took for me to take initiative.

7 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Its not free. The money was already paid and I have in no allegorical way consumed "90%" of the record set and then demanded a refund. That is not even close to what is being discussed here. I want a replacement for something that is fully in tact but erroneously built by a party that was paid for a product that isn't me. There is in no way only 10% of the original product left to return so again your analogies are absolutely irrelevant.

Nothing about my issues has an analog role to an underpaid staff. So your real issues is simply the amount of time it took me to take care of this problem? Which, by the way, the problem itself is not my fault. What if I was in a coma for 10 years. Would you grant me any leeway then? I wasn't but I'm just curious. The thing that is out now is not simply "better" it IS simply the accurately produced correct product that was promised in the first place but not delivered. There is no special feature added to the current product that wasn't available before. My copy of the product has a deficit. The new product corrects the deficit with NO extra special and previously unavailable components. Get it together. You're not even speaking in the same plane of existence. You just don't like how long it took for me to take initiative.

My friend. He's just saying you sound like that type of person. Not that it's the same thing.

7 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

IS anyone siding with them? I think if anything most of us are just pessimistic that you'll get what you're looking for. I don't think anyone is looking like a corporate bootlicker here.

But at some point there has to be a statute of limitations for a return/exchange/refund. And I get that a label should make good on flawed products, but the history of the vinyl records shows that stores can't even return product. So you've got an uphill battle.

But go for it. I'm sure people that still have an IGD positive copy would love to return it. 

Siding may seem like a strong word but essentially, yes. That is the paradigm I'm referring to which I find to me an economically self-defeating paradigm that only makes the big guy stronger. Automatically insisting that the powerful party with the resources to correct THEIR mistake regardless of any possible statute of limitations (which I don't know how either side would argue what that statute of limitation should be for this specific situation either in favor of me or the label, to be honest) should be fully protected and coddled in the face of what would be a minuscule cost solution for them to rectify their error.

And that bolded part of your quote just further illustrates MY POINT that we should not allow a record label as big as Virgin to get away with not standing behind THEIR product.

Again, I don't think everyone here should believe I WILL get what I want. But I do believe that they SHOULD BE ON MY SIDE because of the mere fact that we face the same possibility of contending with a business entity that really ought to want to make it right but might not do so especially when it is well within their power to do so.

And for your final sentence: YES. Exactly. THAT is essentially the attitude that I believe every vinyl buying person SHOULD have. That is as simple of a point as I was  trying to make.

5 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

My friend. He's just saying you sound like that type of person. Not that it's the same thing.

I disagree. That insinuation completely obliterates all of the details of the issue and therefore is completely misguided. If I sound like that type of a person to him than he has bigger cognitive issues.

Edited by mcpherson123

Just now, timsimmons said:

More power to you my dude. I wish I had your optimism. 

I appreciate that. More than simply optimism though, I think its a necessary principle of advocating for ones self in the situation wherein you pay for something and get fundamentally erroneous product or service. For the money, you should get what you pay for. Its that simple. I appreciate you.

Since we're talking about MCIS again, I was wondering how you all store the vinyl from the box. Do you keep it in the box, or do you leave them outside of the box? I've pretty much memorized the whole packaging and don't look at it much anymore. Well, sometimes I do. But I listen to this album with my wife quite a bit. And I sometimes I hesitate to take out the box because I don't want to damage it, but my wife absolutely loves the Pumpkins, so inevitably it comes out into the living room. I have to take this thing out at least once a month, lol. I've been thinking about purchasing some generic sleeves(you know, like DJ sleeves?) And keeping them in those since I play this thing so much. But anyway, how do you guys store the vinyl? In the box or separately?

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

The store is not responsible for the mistake and as an informed consumer, I know enough to be aware of that. The store would likely have no stock of the item and also foots the cost of replacement if i hold them specifically to account which I know not to do. If it's not their fault, they should not pay for it. It's not their fault.

Lol still fighting in favor of the party with all the resources who failed to meet their end of the transaction and clearly has the resources to rectify the problem. 

That's extra weird, dude. 

Are we still on this? Sigh.. here we go. 

If the item is broken, take it back to the store for a refund. That's what they do. You're not taking a high road by keeping the item to protect the brick and mortar.

Just today, I bought a camp shower. It's a little pump that connects to a sprayer that allows me to wash off while camping. It doesn't work. Guess what I'm going to do? Normally, it's obvious but let me spell it out. I'm going to take it back to the store. And they will accept it. If they don't have a replacement, I'll get my money back. It'll be a great exchange and I'll happily shop there again. Sometimes products are defective and need to be returned.

You still haven't taken one proactive step to get your records replaced. You're inventing problems and then complaining about them.

8 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

How long did it take DeepDiscount to cancel orders? I ordered Siamese Dream when they popped up there, but have yet to get a cancellation email or a shipped email 🤷‍♂️ 

I haven't heard of orders being canceled directly from them, most (including mine) were via their Walmart store. I wouldn't lose hope. When I ordered Siamese Dream directly from them it sat in limbo for at least five days, then when it finally marked as shipped it arrived a week earlier than the tracking said it would. 

I worked at a record store 2013-2016, it's my understanding from the policy of the store I worked at, if the record was defective in any way the store would refund you, and the store would contact the distributor for a replacement, the record label sells stock to distributors and record shops buy from distributors, there is no interaction between a record shop and a record label, so the label has no responsibility to replace defective records. It's the responsibility of the place you bought it from.  FYI for anyone who doesn't understand how things work behind the scenes 

1 hour ago, LS1BadBird said:

I haven't heard of orders being canceled directly from them, most (including mine) were via their Walmart store. I wouldn't lose hope. When I ordered Siamese Dream directly from them it sat in limbo for at least five days, then when it finally marked as shipped it arrived a week earlier than the tracking said it would. 

Ahh gotcha, thank you!

Jesus fuckin’ Christ on a cracker!!! 

I’ve been watching this potential trainwreck unfold. Let it go. If anyone feels they’ve been ripped off by any one label seller producer whatever, let it be, it’s their feeling & opinion. 

I didn’t read Derek’s dissertation above & don’t have time for it. Sorry dude. 

BUT. Bottom line, if MC wants to keep fighting his good fight, right on. Keep it going. Who the fuck are anyone of us schlubs to tell them him what to do? 

Y’all mofos need to be more like Frozen…

let it go GIF