Smashing Pumpkins

i'd be so pissed if i had one of the 25 copies of it and all of a sudden there are thousands of them

I don't get this mentality.

Either way, the first press will always be the first press and from what Billy said in an interview, he seems to want to intersperse the two albums (I and II) into one presentation with a tracklist that mixes the songs from both.

i'd be so pissed if i had one of the 25 copies of it and all of a sudden there are thousands of them

I don't get this mentality.

Either way, the first press will always be the first press and from what Billy said in an interview, he seems to want to intersperse the two albums (I and II) into one presentation with a tracklist that mixes the songs from both.

Id say having one of those 25 copies for damn near 10 yrs would fine if you were after "status".

what I said there was dick-ish admittedly and I probably could have found a better way to put it, I just get frustrated because while it isn't the intent of the person owning the record (I'd be lying if I didn't admit to gloating at owning a record high in value that's scarce and hard to find - we've all done it), I just want to own a physical copy of the music and not just have a torrented mp3 download. That there were only 25 copies made to be handed out to 'family and friends' of the band just seems like a deliberate attempt to create a collector's item which doesn't give a fair shot to anyone of normal stature who isn't privy to the band in some way. #firstworldproblems

Id say having one of those 25 copies for damn near 10 yrs would fine if you were after "status".

what I said there was dick-ish admittedly and I probably could have found a better way to put it, I just get frustrated because while it isn't the intent of the person owning the record (I'd be lying if I didn't admit to gloating at owning a record high in value that's scarce and hard to find - we've all done it), I just want to own a physical copy of the music and not just have a torrented mp3 download. That there were only 25 copies made to be handed out to 'family and friends' of the band just seems like a deliberate attempt to create a collector's item which doesn't give a fair shot to anyone of normal stature who isn't privy to the band in some way. #firstworldproblems