Smashing Pumpkins

Last I heard the new album was done. They wanted to make sure Monuments had its time in the sun before releasing the new one. I also recently heard that SP has signed to some new label. So there must be stuff in the works. Whether its to finish the reissues or to release even more new music.

I can see why the label may not be in a rush to do a Machina set. It seems like its gonna be huge set like MCIS was.And given the price points of these sets, none of these have sold gangbusters out of the gate (hell most posts in this thread are basically, "its too expensive, I'll wait for it to come down") they probably want to move stock of all these other sets before releasing another big one. 

I'm sure it will happen though. Probably not until after this new album cycle though.

I can see why the label may not be in a rush to do a Machina set. It seems like its gonna be huge set like MCIS was.And given the price points of these sets, none of these have sold gangbusters out of the gate (hell most posts in this thread are basically, "its too expensive, I'll wait for it to come down") they probably want to move stock of all these other sets before releasing another big one.

I'm sure it will happen though. Probably not until after this new album cycle though.

But they did just repress the MCIS reissue, so those seem to have sold fairly well.

I'd love to know pressing numbers on all of the reissues.

That is actually the most depressing news to wake up to possible... I mean theyre going to happen at some point but god damn that Machina/II repress is my most wanted pressing ever. I almost feel that those who pot/don't rate that album never gave it a full chance. Wound, SIYL, Age of Innocence, This Time, Raindrops + Sunshowers, Heavy Metal Machine all rank amongst Billy's/their best work IMO. The flow/light and shade of the album, the concept, hell even the artwork... I dont know how it didn't receive more critical praise.

That is actually the most depressing news to wake up to possible... I mean theyre going to happen at some point but god damn that Machina/II repress is my most wanted pressing ever. I almost feel that those who pot/don't rate that album never gave it a full chance. Wound, SIYL, Age of Innocence, This Time, Raindrops + Sunshowers, Heavy Metal Machine all rank amongst Billy's/their best work IMO. The flow/light and shade of the album, the concept, hell even the artwork... I dont know how it didn't receive more critical praise.

It didn't receive praise because the rock world had become ingrossed in nu metal and the crap bands it brought, the band alienated people with adore, and it wasn't radio friendly

It didn't receive praise because the rock world had become ingrossed in nu metal and the crap bands it brought, the band alienated people with adore, and it wasn't radio friendly

All of this for sure. On top of that, the album is very bloated and the production on many of the songs is pretty murky as well. The last bit alienated a lot of fans because many of us hardcore nuts at the time had heard versions of a lot of these songs (which sounded great then) from the Arising Tour prior to its release.

I have an OG of Machina already, but will still pick up the deluxe reissue for Machina 2/Friends and Enemies of Modern Music.