Smashing Pumpkins

Billy said the reissues are off until further notice. Label issues.

Where was this info announced/confirmed? I checked some SP forums and some music news sites and don't see any mention/clarification.

Not that i'm calling you out or anything, it's just that SP fans tend to lose their minds at this kind of shit, and there has been a calm quiet from that fan base thus far. 

the reason it's on hold is because virgin records or its parent company has been bought out at least three times since this reissue campaign started. 

Billy was talking about it a couple months ago on twitter and said something similar to me in person. His twitter is gone now so I can't find it. 

the reason it's on hold is because virgin records or its parent company has been bought out at least three times since this reissue campaign started. 

Billy was talking about it a couple months ago on twitter and said something similar to me in person. His twitter is gone now so I can't find it. 

Oh boo. 

I wonder what this means for the post Virgin stuff, (Zwan, Future Embrace, etc..)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, i just read through about 20 contentious pages and now my eyes hurt...

That said, did we ever track down an email to request a replacement disc one of Mellon Collie on vinyl?

No one ever issued replacements to my knowledge. They did, however, silently fix the problem on the latest US pressing.

I had my faulty set replaced (Via amazon). It took quite a few politely worded messages back and forth though. Full credit to them for fixing the issue so long after purchase.

I tried doing that but couldn't because it had been so long since I originally bought it. So I sold my first press for the cost of buying a second press.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried doing that but couldn't because it had been so long since I originally bought it. So I sold my first press for the cost of buying a second press.

When did you buy yours?  I didn't realize some people on here were able to work it out with Amazon to swap with a new pressing.  I have one of the crappy Disc 1 presses too.  I may get ahold of Amazon to see if they'll do a swap with me too.

When did you buy yours? I didn't realize some people on here were able to work it out with Amazon to swap with a new pressing. I have one of the crappy Disc 1 presses too. I may get ahold of Amazon to see if they'll do a swap with me too.

I bought it from Amazon when they first replenished their stock. I'd guess that any that are shipping from them would be the repress, but I can't say for sure.

I tried to buy one last week and it said it wouldn't ship until January. Asked a customer service rep and she said it was out of stock and January was a placeholder.

Bullmoose has it for $95, which is the cheapest I can find anywhere online. I just ordered one this week, should have it Friday, will confirm if it's a 2015 press.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/14086747/smashing-pumpkins-mellon-collie-the-infinite-sadness-4-lp

PS how would I tell if it's a 2015 press? Did all others have distortion at the end of side A?

Bullmoose has it for $95, which is the cheapest I can find anywhere online. I just ordered one this week, should have it Friday, will confirm if it's a 2015 press.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/14086747/smashing-pumpkins-mellon-collie-the-infinite-sadness-4-lp

PS how would I tell if it's a 2015 press? Did all others have distortion at the end of side A?

The runouts are significantly wider on the 2015 press.