Smashing Pumpkins

I went to his Minneapolis Plainsong show last year, was a pretty cool gig. Wished Jimmy had been there drumming though. There was just a backing track playing for songs that had drums. I waited outside the back exit hoping to get an album signed, Billy comes out and just waves everyone off with a flick of the wrist in a pretentious way, doesn't say anything, and gets into his ride. Classic Billy.

Billy's been awesome everytime I've met him and he's signed a record for me and we had a cool conversation last time. Sometimes he isn't in the mood to hang out outside after he's worked his ass off during a performance. 

• 1 month later...

I went to his Minneapolis Plainsong show last year, was a pretty cool gig. Wished Jimmy had been there drumming though. There was just a backing track playing for songs that had drums. I waited outside the back exit hoping to get an album signed, Billy comes out and just waves everyone off with a flick of the wrist in a pretentious way, doesn't say anything, and gets into his ride. Classic Billy.

Anyone try to meet the band yet on this tour? I recently found an OG Mellon Collie I'd like to get signed, but am wary of waiting around for a dismissive wave.

Very happy to see that yesterday. I'd have collapsed if I'd have been there and James came out. Really hoping it's possible for them to work together on some new material. On the note of getting things signed by Billy et al, if I saw them again I'd try again. I guess WPC was in a rush to get out after the Mpls show because he was flying out to LA for some wrestling stuff really early the next morning. It sounds like he sometimes does stop and chat/sign things.

Anybody seen them on this tour who could provide a merch report?

Seeing them Saturday, pretty stoked on the set list they've been doing this time.

I'm at the SLC show now. I glanced at the merch on my way in, but I'll get a better look on my way out. No vinyl that I could see. There was tour shirt with two koi on the front and dates on the back plus a few more standard Smashing Pumpkins shirts. There's also a small tour poster with similar artwork to the shirt. I'm pretty sure shirts were $30 and posters were 20.

I'm at the SLC show now. I glanced at the merch on my way in, but I'll get a better look on my way out. No vinyl that I could see. There was tour shirt with two koi on the front and dates on the back plus a few more standard Smashing Pumpkins shirts. There's also a small tour poster with similar artwork to the shirt. I'm pretty sure shirts were $30 and posters were 20.

Thanks man. What were the "standard Smashing Pumpkins shirts" like? Zero tee? I've seen the koi poster design on instagram. 

Thanks man. What were the "standard Smashing Pumpkins shirts" like? Zero tee? I've seen the koi poster design on instagram. 

I think all of them on this page were for sale. I don't remember seeing the space one though. I meant to get a good look on my way out, but it was super crowded around the merch area.

http://smashingpumpkins.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=71737_71881

I think all of them on this page were for sale. I don't remember seeing the space one though. I meant to get a good look on my way out, but it was super crowded around the merch area.

http://smashingpumpkins.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=71737_71881

By the way, how good was that concert? I've seen them the last 3 times they've played Salt Lake, and this week's concert was so much better than the previous two. If you have a chance to see them on this tour, I thought it was well worth it.

By the way, how good was that concert? I've seen them the last 3 times they've played Salt Lake, and this week's concert was so much better than the previous two. If you have a chance to see them on this tour, I thought it was well worth it.

I was really impressed. The sound was great, and the setlist was a nice mix of material I wanted to hear. The only other time I've seen them was around 2009 or '10 when they played In The Venue and this show was so much better.

Yeah they had all of the tshirts on their 2016 merch website at the show. Saw them last night in Columbus, was incredible!!!

btw, merch table in Columbus was Cash only. Posters were $20. T-Shirts 30.

Show was killer indeed. I didn't end up grabbing anything at the merch table, though I was tempted by the cat tee. 

Can i ask what the issue with the SD box set was? I had played it one time and dident notice any issues im sure its a 2015 it is on black. I just put on side A sounds ok so far for the piano intro. What and or where and im looking for?

If you're talking about Mellon Collie, the 2015 has no issues.