PO: Mayday Parade - A Lesson in Romantics

Just got an email from SRC with a bunch of new preorders and stuff, and I was excited about this one, and haven't posted a PO thread before. :P Anyways. Mayday Parade's first album, A Lesson in Romantics is now available for preorder. Limited to 1500, on red vinyl, hand numbered, and will be released on November 22nd. I may be the only one excited about this, but hey. Girl-poppy as it may be, I've been a fan for a long time.

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Mayday-Parade-%252d-A-Lesson-In-Romantics-LP.html

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=146665&

Also up on Amazon!

Glad to know I'm not the only one! :D After Jason left, he made Go Radio, which had two members from a band I used to know from my city, and they're from Florida, too, so I have a bit of a connection on that level, too. I just like it. Haha.

haha yeah, i used to hang in the same circle as all of them in Tallahassee. So weird to see both of those bands getting big in their "girl poppy genres" haha.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! :D After Jason left, he made Go Radio, which had two members from a band I used to know from my city, and they're from Florida, too, so I have a bit of a connection on that level, too. I just like it. Haha.

haha yeah, i used to hang in the same circle as all of them in Tallahassee. So weird to see both of those bands getting big in their "girl poppy genres" haha.

Oh nice! Yeah, I always wished I lived in Tally just cuz of how many bands come out of there. I was really sad when Jason left just cuz I loved their voices together.

That, I do not know. I know a lot of people don't like SRC. But 1500 are gonna be available, so I'm fairly sure Amazon, or at least some of the stores on Amazon will have I'd. I'd also check MerchNOW, since most Fearless bands use it a lot. It's doesn't come out until November 22nd, so there's plenty of time to see of more places will get it in.

That, I do not know. I know a lot of people don't like SRC. But 1500 are gonna be available, so I'm fairly sure Amazon, or at least some of the stores on Amazon will have I'd. I'd also check MerchNOW, since most Fearless bands use it a lot. It's doesn't come out until November 22nd, so there's plenty of time to see of more places will get it in.

okay thanks. yea i havn't had any bad experience with SRC... or any experience at all for that matter... but i hear all kinds of bad stories so i've done pretty good so far with avoiding them. lol

merch now did not have it.... but amazon did...

Well, I ordered two Murder by Death LPs from SRC, and got them in really fast and in great condition, so I have no real complaints. I currently have like three preorders with them, so we'll see. Haha. La Dispute, Brand New, and now Mayday Parade.

I'd rather deal with SRC than MerchNOW any day. And yeah, I haven't checked Amazon yet. But SRC had a La Dispute preorder for $19 and it was $22 on Amazon. So.

Why would you hand number 1500 copies of a record?

That is a good question. Haha.

As for what everyone else said, I think out of Fearless' catalog, this was a good choice. This album had a huge fanbase. The only other Fearless albums I think that have been pressed are Go Radio's Lucky Street. Well, now that I look it up, they've had ADTI, Portugal, and some other bands who had vinyl. I think they could press some The Main, Skylit Drive, more Sugarcult... I would personally love to see some Pierce the Veil vinyl. I think that Alesana album (the one with all the Edgar Alan Poe stuff, can't remember that name) would be good on vinyl, and I think I remember seeing their first album on vinyl. I know that's a lot, and I'm not saying they should press it all, but it's just some I think would do well. Relatively.

Now Rise Records; they need to get to work. I would love Dance Gavin Dance, Emarosa, and Jonny Craig on vinyl. But I think that's about all the vinyl by them I'd buy.

Why would you hand number 1500 copies of a record?

That is a good question. Haha.

As for what everyone else said, I think out of Fearless' catalog, this was a good choice. This album had a huge fanbase. The only other Fearless albums I think that have been pressed are Go Radio's Lucky Street. Well, now that I look it up, they've had ADTI, Portugal, and some other bands who had vinyl. I think they could press some The Main, Skylit Drive, more Sugarcult... I would personally love to see some Pierce the Veil vinyl. I think that Alesana album (the one with all the Edgar Alan Poe stuff, can't remember that name) would be good on vinyl, and I think I remember seeing their first album on vinyl. I know that's a lot, and I'm not saying they should press it all, but it's just some I think would do well. Relatively.

Now Rise Records; they need to get to work. I would love Dance Gavin Dance, Emarosa, and Jonny Craig on vinyl. But I think that's about all the vinyl by them I'd buy.

1. this band sucks

2. this is what fearless has pressed (minus a variant or 2 and the atdi stuff)

[image]

[image]