Thurston Moore & Kim Gordon (of Sonic Youth) Split

I was going to post about this a couple of days ago, but wasn't sure how many folks here were SY fans. It's definitely a bummer for sure not just because this may be an end to new music, but also because they were together for nearly 30 years. When couples who have been together that long decide to call it quits, it always throws into question why they couldn't make it work after such an extended period of being with one another. That said, Steve Shelley has been busy playing drums in Disappears for well over a year now and Thurston is still touring behind his new solo record. The latest SYR release from earlier this year may be the last we get from the group as a unit - I can't see these two working together after such a heavy split. Maybe they'll be super professional and pull it off though, time will tell - was definitely excited to see a follow up to The Eternal sometime next year since they've been seemingly running off of a two to three year interval between albums for the last decade or so.

Fleetwood Mac worked it out. White Stripes worked it out. Superchunk worked it out. Relationships can end without jeopardizing the band.

The couples in those scenarios were probably only together for a number of years versus Moore and Gordon being together for 3 decades. Maybe that long of a working relationship will actually help them continue on, but I could see that close of a time together ending in dissolution causing some friction in the workplace.

Imagine the hell they're going to experience trying to divide that record collection...

I'm a materialistic bastard because this is totally the first thing I thought of. Their record collection is mythical - I mean, the free jazz and noise sections alone.

"Forget the teenager, who gets these self pressed Sun Ra records!?"

Imagine the hell they're going to experience trying to divide that record collection...

I'm a materialistic bastard because this is totally the first thing I thought of. Their record collection is mythical - I mean, the free jazz and noise sections alone.

"Forget the teenager, who gets these self pressed Sun Ra records!?"

Seriously... she's old enough to fend for herself now.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':nnud6g2u]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':nnud6g2u]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');