PO: Dream Theater- Metropolis Pt2:Scenes...

http://brookvalerecords.com/2011/10/20/dream-theater-metropolis-pt2-scenes-from-a-memory/

We are proud to announce in association with WEA & Brookvale Records that we will be re-releasing Dream Theater- Metropolis Pt2:Scenes from a memory on vinyl for the very first time.

The record is available as a double LP set and will come in a beautiful gate-fold sleeve. The album is also 180gram vinyl!

The album will be released on BLACK FRIDAY November 25th, 2011. If you pre order now your order will ship on or before that date. Orders will be shipped in special LP shipping boxes with great care and handling. There are multiple shipping options available so please review shipping options before check out. If you have any questions about your order you can reach our customer service HERE. Thank you for choosing Brookvale and Enjoy the Ride Records. Look for more releases coming soon!

ARTIST: Dream Theater

TITLE: Metropolis PT:2 Scenes from a Memory

FORMAT: VINYL

VERSION: 2 LP Set – Gate-fold Sleeve – 180 gram

haha, awesome! I swear this dude is a fucking dildo. I'd place a pretty good bet that he doesn't even like this band, but will pretty much just licence anything that was attached to a major, to give his label the appearance of being a "major player". There is no way he's making more than maybe 1500 or so per pressing after licencing and pressing, and raping people on prices.

I've done several represses myself, and have never had to pay a dime for licencing. If the bands actually liked you, there is a good chance they could negotiate with their label to avoid licencing fees. But that would entail working closely with the band, which obviously your not too fond of.

Selling units man!

I remember when I asked you to get your own bands instead of stealing other bands stuff. your response was "I tried that once, and we lost money"

If at first you don't succeed, pay someone to let you ride on their coat tails.

haha, awesome! I swear this dude is a fucking dildo. I'd place a pretty good bet that he doesn't even like this band, but will pretty much just licence anything that was attached to a major, to give his label the appearance of being a "major player". There is no way he's making more than maybe 1500 or so per pressing after licencing and pressing, and raping people on prices.

I've done several represses myself, and have never had to pay a dime for licencing. If the bands actually liked you, there is a good chance they could negotiate with their label to avoid licencing fees. But that would entail working closely with the band, which obviously your not too fond of.

Selling units man!

I remember when I asked you to get your own bands instead of stealing other bands stuff. your response was "I tried that once, and we lost money"

Ross will tell me about a release he is trying to get before anyone else and before anything final happens and I know for a fact that EVERY TIME it is because it is something he himself loves and wants to have on vinyl - never has he approached me with "hey dude, I'm gonna try and get this to make money" - it's ALWAYS been because it's a band he's loved for years and wants to see it on vinyl.

Oh Shit, is this a joke. My all time fav. band and their best album. This has to be a dream. I can't believe this. What a great day.

We even included the locked groove from the end of the last track. We spent alot of time on attention to detail. Thanks for the support

Oh Shit, is this a joke. My all time fav. band and their best album. This has to be a dream. I can't believe this. What a great day.

We even included the locked groove from the end of the last track. We spent alot of time on attention to detail. Thanks for the support

Do we have any details on how many are being printed? Is there going to do a limited run? Any colors? And any plans to print the back catalog as well? PLEASE

Do we have any details on how many are being printed? Is there going to do a limited run? Any colors? And any plans to print the back catalog as well? PLEASE

Limited to a one time pressing of 3000 copies(each individually hand numbered)

They are all on black vinyl, 180 gram and gatefold jacket.

No plans to release the back catalog as of now but if this one does well then we would look into it for sure.

Selling units man!

sounds like somebody is jealous.

Yeah dude, I bet Dave is totally jealous of not being able to put out DREAM THEATER RECORDS.

So, this is a real thread, huh? People are actually excited about paying $30 to listen to two whole LPs of 12 minute "symphonic metal" tracks with drum triggers and MIDI string parts? How embarrassing.

Yeah dude, I bet Dave is totally jealous of not being able to put out DREAM THEATER RECORDS.

So, this is a real thread, huh? People are actually excited about paying $30 to listen to two whole LPs of 12 minute "symphonic metal" tracks with drum triggers and MIDI string parts? How embarrassing.

Wow I bet everything you enjoy is total gold. It's sad that thinking like this is around. Opinions really are like ass holes. Everyone has one and most of them stink. Don't buy it if you don't want it. It will give you more money for the next Pedro the Lion 7".

Pedro the Lion broke up 5 years ago, brah. But yeah, my tastes are totally awesome, thank you for noticing. I will stand by the fact that this music is terrible though, my co-worker puts on their greatest hits a few times a month and there are several points in the disc where I can't help but bust out laughing. It's unfocused garbage, technically impressive at the expense of being listenable, self-indulgent to the point of musical masturbation. I can just picture the band in the studio jacking off as they listen to the playback. I don't want it, and I won't buy it, but luckily for me those aren't qualifications necessary to post in this thread :).

Selling units man!

sounds like somebody is jealous.

Damnit! I'm busted. I wish I could could pay a major a couple thousand to let me rehash one of their records.

Is this record going to have a big, blown up UPC on the cover also?

This label is like a Kunaki for vinyl

Any chance you can give more details on the mastering, cutting and pressing? Is this specially mastered for vinyl? Sourced from master hi-res files?

Yes, it was re-mastered in house at rhino entertainment and was specifically re-mastered for vinyl, sourced from the original session files. It is being pressed at rainbo on 180 gram vinyl

Pedro the Lion broke up 5 years ago, brah. But yeah, my tastes are totally awesome, thank you for noticing. I will stand by the fact that this music is terrible though, my co-worker puts on their greatest hits a few times a month and there are several points in the disc where I can't help but bust out laughing. It's unfocused garbage, technically impressive at the expense of being listenable, self-indulgent to the point of musical masturbation. I can just picture the band in the studio jacking off as they listen to the playback. I don't want it, and I won't buy it, but luckily for me those aren't qualifications necessary to post in this thread :).

Nice troll. Ironic that it proves you have horrible tastes in a post where you claim your tastes are totally awesome. ::)