Hot Sauce

kriss

Are you vegetarian? Sounds like a great veggie burrito! There's a vegan Mexican place up the street called Quesadilla La Rayna that make the raddest vegan burritos with tons of different mock meats like carnitas, pastor, barbacoa amongst others - they usually include both tomato and tomatillo based hot sauces with each burrito that I'm pretty sure they make themselves. Having the stuff fresh makes it hard to go back to the pre-bottled for sure.

Why the fuck doesn't a place like this exists in my city?! seriously though, that place sounds great.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a hot sauce note, has anyone had any of the Lingham's brand chili sauces? I grew up on the stuff. Anything I eat with ketchup, I'll probably dig more with Lingham's. Good stuff. And Maggi chili ketchup. Perfect Heinz substitute, in my opinion.

I haven't had chipotle in so long for the ability to get potatoes alone. I love that place.

There's this awesome little, hole in the wall burrito place near my old high school and they served a fat, kinda spicy, potato burrito. I haven't looked at burritos the same since. Yay potatoes!

Kriss - it fits about 15 bottles. I'm a volunteer firefighter so my wife indulged my idea. It looks great in the kitchen honestly.

Also, as far as Chinese chili pastes etc - ask for Mama Cho's chilis in oil. They are the best and my friend from China agrees. The issue is that the label is in Chinese so you to have a grocer who's going to indulge you.

Kriss - it fits about 15 bottles. I'm a volunteer firefighter so my wife indulged my idea. It looks great in the kitchen honestly.

Also, as far as Chinese chili pastes etc - ask for Mama Cho's chilis in oil. They are the best and my friend from China agrees. The issue is that the label is in Chinese so you to have a grocer who's going to indulge you.

I'd imagine they may have that in Chinatown at one of the dozen or so grocers there, will definitely look for it but I'd have to ask someone what's in it since alot of oil based Asian sauces and pastes have some sort of fish ingredient. Do you know if this is the case?

I love Chinese markets because the pricing seems to have stopped somewhere in the early 90's.

Ah good deal! I make my own pad thai for that reason because as of yet I've not found a place in town who prepare it sans the fish sauce (even the ones who say they have vegan options - apparently vegans can still eat fish). This Mama Cho's seems like it would be great on that and fried rice.

For sure! I don't really go to chipotle but we have a local place that is kinda the same thing as chipotle but you can get wheat tortillas, brown rice, sweet and regular potatoes in your burrito. I haven't had chipotle in so long for the ability to get potatoes alone. I love that place.

The Chipotle that just opened up here has brown rice as an option. I think they plan on expanding it to other locations soon. Potatoes should also come soon enough if they expand breakfast burritos to all locations as well. (Sweet potatoes in a burrito sounds fucking disgusting, though)

For sure! I don't really go to chipotle but we have a local place that is kinda the same thing as chipotle but you can get wheat tortillas, brown rice, sweet and regular potatoes in your burrito. I haven't had chipotle in so long for the ability to get potatoes alone. I love that place.

The Chipotle that just opened up here has brown rice as an option. I think they plan on expanding it to other locations soon. Potatoes should also come soon enough if they expand breakfast burritos to all locations as well. (Sweet potatoes in a burrito sounds fucking disgusting, though)

I've never gotten the sweet potatoes myself (I too think it sounds disgusting.) but a lot of my friends have and they seem to enjoy it. I haven't tried mostly for fear of ruining a perfect burrito.

don't forget! SRC now carries hot sauce!!! so now you can buy hot sauce and rekkiddzz all in one stop!

http://www.shopradiocast.com/categories/Hot-Sauce/

Hahahaha, what the hell? I thought nips was just joking around when he said that.

Me and my buddy were just talking about this stuff as he has a bottle. I tried a bit as a little taste test. Pretty damn good and also quite the kick to it.

Me and my buddy were just talking about this stuff as he has a bottle. I tried a bit as a little taste test. Pretty damn good and also quite the kick to it.

Yeah it's pretty good, the only bad thing is like every hot sauce, too much of it is always a bad idea...five alarm poops.

don't forget! SRC now carries hot sauce!!! so now you can buy hot sauce and rekkiddzz all in one stop!

http://www.shopradiocast.com/categories/Hot-Sauce/

We actually have always carried hot sauce! I personally have an interest in, as do others at SRC so we added some to the store when we first began. Only recently have we updated the section. Actually adding and finding all the new sauces we have now was my daughters summer project since she likes them too!

I also grow peppers as a hobby and make my own sauce / chili powder. This year I ended up with over 1,200 peppers!!

So yeah, it may not make sense to some (records and hot sauce), but it was a personal thing we enjoy and we are happy others do too!

Do you grow them? What all does it take to do so? When Winter passes, Mellie and I have been discussing doing a DIY garden on the back porch of our apartment with the typical set up of buckets and dirt and along with lemon basil, we've been looking for other things we'd enjoy growing. Fresh habaneros would be great!

I grew bell peppers pretty easily in the harsh Vegas heat so I would imagine you'd have no problem growing some in the Chicago area. You should try to grow strawberries as well they're pretty easy to grow and take up very little space.

I once planted an artichoke plant and thought that it wasn't going to produce fruit. I trimmed it up over the winter and in the spring I was blown away when I was getting softball sized artichokes! Unrelated, but I just thought I'd share.