VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

i'd be for him managing Swagger, especially given the history they have together. In fact, even though i hate him as a commentator, i think Cole could be a great manager. At this point, i just wish they would do something with Swagger; he's drifting down to jobber status.

and those promos are deff not Shane, I really Think it is Jericho. There are also rumors that Goldberg and Lesnar are coming back. But Im really convinced about Jericho. Too Early For Taker To Come Back I think. Wrestlemania I believe will be masked kane and Taker. Heres to hoping for the Attitude Era.

Im sure it isnt Shane, but I like to hope it is. Cole is just vince's mouthpiece. If he turns into a manager someone else will take over the annoying announcer role. I have read reports that Cole actually hates his gimmick and complains about it backstage and wants it to stop. He did help get Bryan over though, You wanna see him succeed to spite Cole.

and those promos are deff not Shane, I really Think it is Jericho. There are also rumors that Goldberg and Lesnar are coming back. But Im really convinced about Jericho. Too Early For Taker To Come Back I think. Wrestlemania I believe will be masked kane and Taker. Heres to hoping for the Attitude Era.

But why make WM masked Kane vs. Taker? If Kane loses, then he loses any heat he will have accumulated from now until then as a (presumably) monster heel and it's back to square one for the character. If he wins, they'd have to put a belt on him pretty much immediately, as whoever beats Taker should really be the top dog of the company—and I just don't think Kane has it in him to carry the brand anymore. He's still got in-ring and mic skills, but the character is coming up on 15 years (and Glen Jacobs is in his mid-40s already).

Unless, maybe, it'll play out like this: Kane gets involved in the Henry/Show match at TLC, resulting in a DQ. They then keep the feud going for another month, ending in a triple threat between the three at Royal Rumble, which Kane wins (and secures the belt). They give him a run for a few months as champ, having him run roughshod over midcarders on Smackdown, before Taker returns and challenges him for the belt at WM. They wrestle, Taker wins after a brutal match, and then THAT'S when Daniel Bryan cashes in MITB, making Taker tap out and winning the championship. Bryan becomes the biggest badass in the world from this, plus Taker doesn't look any weaker, since he was cashed in on after a brutal match with Kane.

I dunno. None of that will probably ever happen. But goddamn, is it fun to imagine scenarios.

I dont think that will happen that will not be The Undertakers First Loss at Wrestlemania with Bryan making him tap. As much as i like him he is not worthy of that. I dont think Kane is going to have anything to do with Mark Henry and the Big Show at the moment. Cena has noone right now. So Kane And Cena could be in the cards with Kane staying on RAW.

That will fade when Taker returns and Honestly I dont think either of them have much left in them. Possibly both Burn in hell at Wrestlemania after taker takes the win.

The old Brother vs Brother Feud. Noone else is Worthy of a Wrestlemania Match with Undertaker. If this truly is Undertakers last Wrestlemania, I think they will bring back one of the best storylines in history with Masked Kane and The Undertaker. In the mean time Kane can work Cena.

And also, Someone has to be able to Carry the Undertaker at wrestlemania if worst comes to worst, He is not the undertaker we once knew. Kane is old but still able to Carry a match if needed, Which is why I think he took the time off he Came back looking in the best shape I have ever seen him. Maybe he is preparing for Wrestlemania with Taker.

Unless, maybe, it'll play out like this: Kane gets involved in the Henry/Show match at TLC, resulting in a DQ. They then keep the feud going for another month, ending in a triple threat between the three at Royal Rumble, which Kane wins (and secures the belt). They give him a run for a few months as champ, having him run roughshod over midcarders on Smackdown, before Taker returns and challenges him for the belt at WM. They wrestle, Taker wins after a brutal match, and then THAT'S when Daniel Bryan cashes in MITB, making Taker tap out and winning the championship. Bryan becomes the biggest badass in the world from this, plus Taker doesn't look any weaker, since he was cashed in on after a brutal match with Kane.

I dunno. None of that will probably ever happen. But goddamn, is it fun to imagine scenarios.

There's about a 1% chance of all that happening but I must say that it would be kind of cool for all that to unfold. That's a very cool scenario you thought up. I am a big fan of Undertaker (since I was a kid) so I want his WM streak to stay intact (which there's a 99% chance it will). On the other hand, I'm a big fan of Bryan Danielson and would love to see the WHC on him.

I have no clue who will be facing The Undertaker at WM but I do think it will be his final match and he will retire at 20-0. The streak is his thing and there's no way I can see it ending. He is way past his prime and needs to retire because of the shape he's in....so I definitely see WM as his final match.

And about those 1/2/2012 promos.....I think it's most likely for Jericho but can also be for Taker if WWE and Jericho can't come to terms. There's a lot of people talking about it being Shane and Stephanie but I just don't see that happening. It would be pretty interesting though. Lets just hope WWE doesn't let us down with the 1/2/2012 thing. I get really bored with wrestling these days so the whole "cryptic promo" thing is something to actually look forward to.

Lastly, lets hope WWE quits making JR look like a clown. He's one of the best commentators ever so they just need to put him back in that seat for good. I'm about to watch a little of the Tribute to the Troops before I pass out.

Side note: where the eff is Brodus Clay? They stopped showing his promos, no one has mentioned him, he's just gone.

Johnny Ace is waiting for the right time...trust him, it's going to be huge.

Seriously though, with Kane, Taker and Jericho coming back I'm concerned about what they are going to do with everyone. Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, and Daniel Bryan all have pretty good pushes going and they might get pushed to the side when everyone returns.

Well, i'd assume that all three of them will be putting in most of their time on RAW, and Barret and Bryan are on Smackdown. They could just move Ziggler to SD, as well. He's already on there every week anyways. i figure D. Bryan will be moving on to face Mark Henry once Henry finishes his feud with Big Show (or at least i hope he is).

i'd be for him managing Swagger, especially given the history they have together. In fact, even though i hate him as a commentator, i think Cole could be a great manager. At this point, i just wish they would do something with Swagger; he's drifting down to jobber status.

I love this idea

Yeah, i saw that, too. Man, they need to do something different with the Divas. Short matches with roll-up pins have been done way too often lately. i can't wait for Kharma to come back, destroy a lot of the divas, and take on either Beth or Natalya.

there are a lot of tropes that need to be dealt with- and the women's divison is responsible for a handful.

as you mentioned, the 30 second roll-up victory.

the "someone's music is playing during a match, and suddenly wrestler A completely forgets about his match and immediately loses in a roll-up"

and i wouldnt call it a trope, but ive just become disinterested in match structure, because i find it boring that EVERY SINGLE MATCH features a finisher. a lot of these guys have somewhat expanded move sets, some of them featuring signatures.. why not save the finishers, and make them a little more special? and why not have these guys work with something outside of their normal move set, and finish a match on something that never happens? (eg. undertaker's hell's gate to finish wrestlemania)

in a company where the writing has gotten stale, the wrestling isnt doing much better.

The divas division has gotten wretched. I used to think that mickie and Candice were bad, but man, this year has made those two look like the best to step into the ring.

On par with what Ry said, I would love to see just once, someone not try to punch Cena after he hits the shoulder blocks. They always miss and it sets up the 5 knuckle shuffle. Just once someone should try a dropkick or a drop toe hold. SOMETHING. I dont even hate Cena, I just hate that everyone follows that script.

Yeah, i like when the matches aren't always the "five moves of doom" leading up to the finish. i understand it is to get the crowd to pop and build for the finish, but every once in a while, it's nice for a surprise finish. Yes, sometimes a roll-up works, but not every match like it has been for the divas. Like the Barret vs. Zeke match a week ago; Barret won, but he didn't use Wasteland, he used the Boss Man Slam and won it. It was exciting and new.

I liked Punk using the Anaconda Vice to beat Del Rio. Was really expecting the GTS. Im ok with finishers being used to end matches, just dont have it set up with 5 moves ahead of it so you know its coming. That only works in matches such as Taker/HBK where they keep kicking out of them.

TLC is coming up this Sunday. Anyone going to be watching? What are your predections?

Here's the card and my choices:

WWE Championship : TLC

CM Punk© vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. The Miz

World Heavyweight Championship : Chairs Match

Mark Henry© vs. Big Show

Ladder Match

HHH vs. Kevin Nash

Tables Match

Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett

United States Championship

Dolph Ziggler© vs. Zack Ryder

Intercontinental Championship

Cody Rhodes© vs. Booker T.

They'll probably add a Divas match, and i'm sure John Cena will do something.