VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

What?????????? A fucking people's elbow beats him!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what I said.  At least have the rock pick him up and rock bottom him so it's somewhat believable.  Punk falls through a table and is rock bottomed on the outside ... and he kicks out of that.  But a weak ass spinebuster then 2 minutes later an elbow and that pins him.  So much wrong with that.  

I could ramble on for a while here about this but I'll try not to.  My biggest problem with the rock winning is that now for the next 2 1/2 months you do not have a WWE Champ at any of your house shows.  That's just dumb.  I bought a ticket to see the Champ wrestle in March, now I don't get to see the Champ.  Fuck you Vince.

That aside the rest of the PPV was pretty good.  ADR/Big Show was about as good as it could have been.  Although the tape to the ropes was sort of weak.  Especially since ADR tried to win the title at TLC '11 by handcuffing Punk to the ropes, and then the Bautista/Cena match that ended the same way.

Tag team match was decent.  I really think they need to put the Rhodes Scholars/Team Hell No feud to an end.  While I don't like Team Hell No at least give them a new feud.  Let's just hope Bryan and Kane's little spot during the rumble was the beginning of the end.

Rumble match (aside from Cena winning) was decent.  Loved that Y2J came out.  Let's hope he sticks around.  Laughed my ass off when Shelton didn't come out.  It was sort of weak though.  As soon as Cena won you knew the rock would win.

for the second year in a row I won with my friends and lost here. Had both Prime Time Players, Goldust, Sheamus and Cena there so I felt good when it got to the final three. Here I had Otunga and some other shit guy.

I dont have an issue with Rock winning if you know, they booked it right. Not have Punk dominate him, take a huge breather so he feels even better, get hit with a spinebuster and lose. Makes Punk look weak, makes every single person he beat look weak to lose to a guy who had his third match in ten years beat you with literally two moves.

Happy Cesaro retained, uninterested in ADR as a face, surprised that Hell No retained (but in a good way), hated the Rumble outcome (but am looking forward to putting that $150 to my dog's vet bills, so PayPal that shit over, Ry) and am beyond sick at how they chose to end the Punk/Rock match. Fucking People's Elbow, man. Horseshit.

I think it's a legitimate gripe. You build up a guy to be your champion for practically a year-and-a-half straight and then you job him out to a novelty crowdpleasing move. It cheapens his reign and everyone he had previously beaten by proxy. At least have him go out with a Rock Bottom, or something totally unexpected like a roll-up or something that makes the finish mean more than what came before it. The People's Elbow has always been a joke.

That ending + the shit Im going through in my relationship legitimately makes me feel like my mother died. How the FUCK do you let your champ whos made the title credible again lose to a stupid fucking finisher AND to a guy who hasnt wrestled more than 5 matches in 10 years, not even earning a title shot? Thats just horseshit. How do you let that epic title reign end the way it did. Thats just fucking ridiculous. How the fuck do you do that? Theres no way there wont be a twist tomorrow, there has to be. I got a ticket for mania tonight too before the PPV because my buddy had an extra (field level 9 btw). And now I honestly dont even want to go. Once in a lifetime my ass. Fuck you Vince. 

That ending + the shit Im going through in my relationship legitimately makes me feel like my mother died. How the FUCK do you let your champ whos made the title credible again lose to a stupid fucking finisher AND to a guy who hasnt wrestled more than 5 matches in 10 years, not even earning a title shot? Thats just horseshit. How do you let that epic title reign end the way it did. Thats just fucking ridiculous. How the fuck do you do that? Theres no way there wont be a twist tomorrow, there has to be. I got a ticket for mania tonight too before the PPV because my buddy had an extra (field level 9 btw). And now I honestly dont even want to go. Once in a lifetime my ass. Fuck you Vince. 

Honestly dude, do you watch wrestling?  You're pissed at the once in a life time thing?  Cena v. Rock was one of the highest drawing "fights" in WWE history.  You knew they would make it happen again.  

i missed the first two matches and the pre-show and started the Rumble match around when Drew McIntyre came in. i was very pleasantly surprised to see Y2J in the match and hope this means that he'll be around more now. My wife and i marked for Goldust, and i was taken back when i heard the Godfather's music. However, my enjoyment of the match ended when Jericho and Ziggler were eliminated. i was hoping Ryback would pull out the win because i knew if Cena won, so would Rock. Very disappointing outcome.

Rock/Punk was good until then ending, as everyone else said. Very anticlimactic ending to Punk's great reign, but not too surprising. i feel it is a slap in the face to those who wrestle every day and never get a chance at the title. And i get that Rock did all that 10 years ago, but something about this whole thing really does not sit well with me. Like bluedeni said, this may help short-term but hurt long-term.

So what kind of twist does everyone think will come on tonight on RAW???

I am kind of hoping Punk just comes out and tells everyone how meaningless the Belt is since he held it for so long and was forced to give it up that easily, and then goes on to claim that he is still the Best In The World and that there is no one better, leading up to Taker coming out to go head to head with him... that or (and God I hope so) glass breaks and Austin comes in.  Then and only then is the Rock winning worth while.