VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Was about to ask the same thing. Watched the whole show but paid little attention to it. Didn't notice them on there. But the bunny got a match. The damm bunny.

This is why i can't tell anyone i like wrestling. The damn bunny

Were the Wyatts on the show tonight?I missed about 20 minutes in the second hour.

They were not.

This is another reason why i need to stop with WWE. They take the 2nd coolest faction in recent times and a fresh character group and just bury them. This isn't like Fandango (who?) or Adam Rose (lol), the Wyatts were awesome, talented, scary big dudes who had great matches, and they can't even get on a 3 hour show?

pI1w9.gif

Why does that surprise you? Go to a live show and probably 60% or more of the crowd are kids who love Cena.

I'll be going to my 5th live show of the year this coming Sunday and all of them I've been to are pretty anti cena. I get that he sells a lot but the fact he sells more than EVERYONE else on the roster combined is bonkers

I'll be going to my 5th live show of the year this coming Sunday and all of them I've been to are pretty anti cena. I get that he sells a lot but the fact he sells more than EVERYONE else on the roster combined is bonkers

I've always assumed that the main reason the "Cena Sucks" chants always sound louder/equally as loud as the "Let's Go Cena" chant is because grown men are louder than little kids. The house show I just went to had a very small Cena hating precense compared to his supporters, I even saw plenty of adults with no kids wearing his gear.

I watch a lot of wrestling, but most of it is the documentary type stuff. I can't get enough of it. I've seen the Road Warriors DVD nearly 100 times. I was streaming something on Netflix and my kid, that's "John Dena!" Haha, I about flipped my lid. How does my 3 year old know who he is? Daycare and kids TV. The guy is fucking everywhere!

im pretty certain that cena's popularity is 100% based on the availability of his merchandise. a 5 year old kid who's watching the show doesn't care about what's being said in the ring and in promos.. he cares about the action figure/tshirt/poster that he has. and that just happens to be john cena, because it's the easiest name for clueless dad to recognize when he's shopping for something wrestling at k-mart.

if you're ever in the toy section of a department store, have a look at which action figures are on hand- last time i checked, about a year ago, it was 60% cena, with the remaining 40% being sheamus, del rio, rey rey, and fucking kofi. 

the only way someone like cesaro, or bryan, or ambrose is going to end up in a kid's collection is if pops is buying from a dealer at a local show. and how often does that actually happen?

im pretty certain that cena's popularity is 100% based on the availability of his merchandise. a 5 year old kid who's watching the show doesn't care about what's being said in the ring and in promos.. he cares about the action figure/tshirt/poster that he has. and that just happens to be john cena, because it's the easiest name for clueless dad to recognize when he's shopping for something wrestling at k-mart.

if you're ever in the toy section of a department store, have a look at which action figures are on hand- last time i checked, about a year ago, it was 60% cena, with the remaining 40% being sheamus, del rio, rey rey, and fucking kofi. 

the only way someone like cesaro, or bryan, or ambrose is going to end up in a kid's collection is if pops is buying from a dealer at a local show. and how often does that actually happen?

I gotta disagree. All my local stores are stocked with pretty much every figure of the current run out and plenty of old spares. Cena sells because he is aimed at kids. Cena is Superman which appeals to a 5 year old. What in the world about Ambrose, Wyatt, or Rollins appeals to a 5 year old? Their characters appeal to the older crowd.