VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

In what way? I thought the chant and smoke hologram was dope.

Just the way that the arena went black, but that they just straight up cut the video feed for those watching at home. Didn't feel even slightly organic, like they didn't have any confidence in their ability to get that lantern in place even though the reveal was still a total shocker to everyone in attendance.

Just the way that the arena went black, but that they just straight up cut the video feed for those watching at home. Didn't feel even slightly organic, like they didn't have any confidence in their ability to get that lantern in place even though the reveal was still a total shocker to everyone in attendance.

I thought it felt a little weird, but when the lights cut and then every single person in attendance turns the flash on their phone on it kind of ruins the effect of the "black out". So I understand why they did it that way.

I would have preferred it that way though. Because when they cut back to the video feed, flashlights were up, and it added to Bray's atmosphere. Like, if everyone's phones started lighting up, it could have created an excellent buildup to his actual appearance. Again, it wasn't ruined at all for anyone in attendance, and they were treated to the flashlight backdrop that they collectively created by accident.

Anyone else notice they promoted HIAC Fallout throughout the pay-per-view, then never actually did one? Originally the Network schedule said it would run at 1:45 a.m. after the replay of HIAC ran, but then when I woke up this morning there was nothing.

we got dancing R-Truth afterwards so it evens out

tumblr_ne34jwikpq1qcluu2o2_r1_500.gif

It's truly a shame that this didn't work as planned. I still enjoy the Network. Whenever I've got schoolwork, I toss it on. I'm watching the Raws and PPVs in order from '93 forward, and it's really interesting. When Smackdown starts, I'll probably watch the early ones as well. I'll still keep it as an automatic renewal for now. I don't see why people wouldn't spend the $10 for the PPV though if you actually wanna watch them. It beats the hell out of a shitty stream online.

I just figured out how to project something and use my computer simultaneously, so that alone should be enough to increase my network usage, which has been incredibly light lately.

I feel like with the network WWE is focusing too much on its past and not enough on its present. I wish they did more to focus on their current talent, improve the product they are putting out instead of trying to get old fans back to just relive the old moments. In 2020 we wont be talking about anything that has happened in the past ten years, it will still be all about the 90s. It is time to move on.

I agree to an extent. It's amazing to go back and watch the stuff I grew up on, and the Monday Night Wars/Countdown shows are cool. But what i've been enjoying to is the behind the scene stuff on current talent. They did something about The Shield and how they came up and got to Summer Slam and that was really cool. 

An influx of content based around the new guys would be a great move. 

I feel like with the network WWE is focusing too much on its past and not enough on its present. I wish they did more to focus on their current talent, improve the product they are putting out instead of trying to get old fans back to just relive the old moments. In 2020 we wont be talking about anything that has happened in the past ten years, it will still be all about the 90s. It is time to move on.

Being a Canadian who's in a market that isn't serviced by Rogers Cable left me a little disappointed that I couldn't get the Network. But I finally took the plunge like many other Canadians and signed up for a VPN service so I could get the Network.

So far I like it, but I find a lot of the on demand programming randomly freezes. You'd figure this far into offering it they'd have that sorted out.

To put it in conparision, I've had UFC Fight Pass since launch day and haven't had an issue with live or on demand streaming freezing once. I've had the WWE Network for 3 days and I've already had at least 3 events just completely stop streaming on me.

That aside the content is pretty amazing. I love reliving shitty mid 80s and early 90s wrestling.

Like someone mentioned a couple posts up, the price (including the extra $5 a month for the VPN) is worth it for the PPVs alone.

For me to order all the PPVs in one year it would cost me about $750. The price of the Network (with the VPN included) is under $200 a year.