VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

didn't see any of last night, but i just realized what my biggest gripe was with the way the rumble ended..

when kane and big show are clearing house, what's the end game? who are they there to protect on behalf of the authority? is it just "big man wins rumble"? we already saw brock easily dispose of both of them last monday, so it's not like either of them poses a threat to obtain the title.

so of course the fans are going to boo when the narrative is literally "roman overcomes odds", as they've expected for 6 damn months.

Just checking in since before the Rumble. Congrats to those who won the raffle. The rumble itself was lackluster I thought. There are usually a handful of people you can see winning throughout the match, this year it was just Reigns and Bryan. You knew who was going to win when Bryan was out. They could have added Sheamus, Orton, Rollins, Cena into the mix to just throw us off the scent a bit and have more than 5 big names total in the rumble. It felt like the fucking battle royals on smackdown to determine the number 1 contender to the US title or something.

I read that they wont be putting Bryan into the main event at WM because they "dont want to go to the well too often" but the proposed match is someone he has already wrestled 2 other times at WM.

Apparently, the numbers included the free November month. And after #CancelWWENetwork trended worldwide, they obviously announced it shortly after instead of waiting a few more weeks when they usually reveal the quarterly earnings.

It doesn't even matter anymore. Triple H tweeted that they officially hit 1 million subscribers and the stock jumped 20% today. Game over. Roman wins.

You mean Roman ... reigns.

B)

I did not expect the Lucha Dragons to drop the titles on a regular episode, let alone to Blake & Murphy. I would've preferred the Vaudevillains but Blake & Murphy are impressive, so I'm cool with this. I am really hyped for Bálor-Itami next week - and Zayn-Owens at Takeover IV.

Live SmackDown! tonight, I wonder what they'll have in store for us.

I really liked what they did with Roman on Monday, but after listening to this... well I am not a fan anymore

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/sam-roberts-wrestling-podcast/e/36776291?autoplay=true

I could not agree more with you. I just listened to this and wow he sounds like such a douchebag. My favorite quote from it is "At the end of the day, hopefully I'm just a guy getting rich"

I did not expect the Lucha Dragons to drop the titles on a regular episode, let alone to Blake & Murphy. I would've preferred the Vaudevillains but Blake & Murphy are impressive, so I'm cool with this. I am really hyped for Bálor-Itami next week - and Zayn-Owens at Takeover IV.

I like that HHH is booking NXT with nice swerves like that. Just having title changes on Takeover had the potential to get stale.

It was a nice swerve. I do appreciate that they've been very stingy with the titles in nxt. It makes a title win like Blake and Murphy's more excitement.