VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Fuck. I really wish that news hadn't gone public. Save that shit for the day after Mania.

They likely didn't want to risk losing viewers. Would the surprise have been cool for people that watched anyways? Sure. But what about people who may have been too disinterested to bother?

This also opens up the possibility of Reigns still winning so Vince can continue to try and dictate what we like even when a much better option exists.

They likely didn't want to risk losing viewers. Would the surprise have been cool for people that watched anyways? Sure. But what about people who may have been too disinterested to bother?

This also opens up the possibility of Reigns still winning so Vince can continue to try and dictate what we like even when a much better option exists.

i think the "Is he staying or going" issue was an added layer of intrigue to the match on Sunday. To me, it opened up the possibility of Vince sitting ringside for the match and possibly going the "screwjob" route, which would have been really interesting. Still, a lot of people are saying that this news brought them back to being interested in 'Mania, so i'm sure WWE made the right move.

Fuck. I really wish that news hadn't gone public. Save that shit for the day after Mania.

i think the "Is he staying or going" issue was an added layer of intrigue to the match on Sunday. To me, it opened up the possibility of Vince sitting ringside for the match and possibly going the "screwjob" route, which would have been really interesting. Still, a lot of people are saying that this news brought them back to being interested in 'Mania, so i'm sure WWE made the right move.

I'm with both of you. I wish it hadn't gone public, but it makes sense business-wise for them to talk about it.

I had Lesnar at like a 75% chance of going over. With the announcement that pushes it to 95% for me.

Worst case scenario (and thankfully not very likely): Reigns wins. no shenanigans. He just wins as a face. Rollins' music hits. He cashes in and loses. Reigns reigns supreme, brotherbrotherbrotherrrrr.

So they do a double turn at Mania with Brock still winning but not decimating Reigns. Reigns attacks after the match and Rollins cashes in. Shield gets back together. Instafeud for Lesnar.

i just thought of this, as well. Maybe Ambrose wins the IC title earlier in the night, Rollins cashes in successfully, and Reigns decides to turn heel and get the Shield back together. Or, another scenario i thought of was, during the course of Reigns/Lesnar, the ref gets knocked out, and Ambrose and Rollins runs out to help Reigns do what Rollins and Cena couldn't do. Probably won't happen, as i'm not sure where the story goes after that, but i want to hear "Sierra, Hotel..." over the loudspeakers one more time.

While I'm a big Lesnar mark and I'm happy to see him re-sign, I have to wonder if this means there won't be a title change for awhile. Lesnar as the monster champion that is so good he doesn't need to show up regularly works but being a part time guy chasing the title seems like it might fall flat. In light of the news though, it definitely feels like WWE knows where they're going and that the last few months have been a work. We've had the contract negotiations, the Vince unhappy with Brock for attending UFC thing, and the beard stubble.

The Shield is one of my favorite stables of all time but it's way too early for a reunion. Their break-up wasn't even a year ago. Rollins is doing really well, Ambrose just needs a good program and Reigns needs to talk and grin less and be the Samoan badass they claim he is.

I thought that they could push all of the ex-Shield members at WrestleMania by having Ambrose win the IC Title, Reigns win the WWEWHC and Rollins cashing in.

i hope we get the return of Brock beard

Yes pls.

It'd be cool if Lesnar retains and his run continues. The WWEWHC really has become much more special now with Lesnar's rare appearances. With Bryan, Ziggler or Ambrose as IC Champion and Cena or Rusev as US Champion, the midcard titles could easily become main event programs.

i can't be the only one who keeps noticing Owens referencing Brock Lesnar, right? i think they compared the two in one of the video packages last night, and Owens keeps mentioning him in interviews i've read. i hope we get a match between the two at some point.

i can't be the only one who keeps noticing Owens referencing Brock Lesnar, right? i think they compared the two in one of the video packages last night, and Owens keeps mentioning him in interviews i've read. i hope we get a match between the two at some point.

I noticed that too. He also tweeted something about Brock when he announced he resigned. It probably means nothing, though.

It'd be cool if Lesnar retains and his run continues. The WWEWHC really has become much more special now with Lesnar's rare appearances. With Bryan, Ziggler or Ambrose as IC Champion and Cena or Rusev as US Champion, the midcard titles could easily become main event programs.

I disagree, I think that the WWEWHC is a joke now. They stripped Bryan of it because he wouldnt be able to compete for x amount of days, and they give it to Lesnar who will go 4 months without defending it. It just cheapens it in my eyes and shits on all their storylines before it. I'm all for elevating the US and IC which is long overdue, but get the belt off of Lesnar or have him defend it 6 times a year.

Perhaps the best way is have The Rock interefere somehow Sunday night so that Roman wins and Lesnar takes off for a while. He returns for a program with Rock for WM32 WM FastForward button.

They probably want to make more time for another musical performance

Flo-Rida featuring Wiz Khalifa, hopefully. Can't wait.

Honestly though, the tag titles match should be on the main show, at least. It's Mania, dammit. All titles should be on display for the main show, not the preshow.