VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Really? I thought it was a good match. I love what the women in NXT are doing, but that doesn't mean that the main roster's women can't put on a good match.

you mean aj being incapacitated by bumps for 3/4 the match? 

there were a few decent spots, but it was only good by the standards of what crap we consistently see on raw.

i want aj and paige to be in high caliber matches. but it's just not happening. they're continually being outperformed in every way by the nxt women on a regular basis, and it's beyond unfortunate.

'Mania was dope.

-My Boy D Bry

-THAT RKO

-Sting should have won, but otherwise this was an enjoyable nostalgia trip featuring two factions i don't care about anymore. They made it work.

-The Bellas are good wrestlers. Something seems off with AJ lately, though.

-Rusev came in on a tank and didn't wear shoes. This guy is the best.

-Wyatt should have won, but the match itself was good enough.

-Brock Lesnar is the beast, Roman looked strong, and Seth Rollins is wonderful.

i enjoyed the show much more than i anticipated.

aw50bX8.jpg

When this happened and when Brock said Suplex City, I lost it.. I was fist pumping and hooting by myself. I also marked out for Cena's second rope springboard stunner. I've enjoyed Cena's work this past year.

Great WM. Not a bad match. The divas match was good. It was average to above average for a WWE tag match, which is great for any divas match. WWE gave them enough time and they wrestled well. Not sure why you'd emphasize how bad it was when it was a good effort. The tag team championship was my least favorite match of the night. They totally abandoned any sort of in ring story telling or pacing, and the commentary certainly didn't help. Other than that though I enjoyed the show start to finish. 

The new programming they are adding seems interesting. I initially re-subbed to the network just for WM but I guess I'll be sticking around for a bit.

Maybe it's because of the almost non-existent expectations I had before, but I have absolutely no complaints about WM Play. I enjoyed the hell out of it. And for those who still have some complaints, think about this:

- Yes, Mizdow or Ryback would've been better options for the ATGMBR - but Show winning makes sense (even though he and Kane can fuck off these days). I was actually rooting for him last year until I realized Cesaro had a good chance on winning it.

- Yes, Sting lost his first WWE and WM match - but goddamn, that nWo-DX encounter was amazing.

- Yes, Rusev's streak is over - but Cena's officially a midcarder now AND that elevates the status of the US Title (same goes for Bryan winning the IC Title, even though he's deserving of main event status - they seem to be serious about this).

- Yes, Wyatt could've benefited more from a win- but Taker losing again at WM could've seriously done damage since he had to redeem himself.

In other words, even the seemingly negative outcomes have bright sides. And the rest was only positive stuff. The RAW After could be even better than in the past few years.

aw50bX8.jpg

I lost my shit when this happened. Oh my god, the main event was booked perfectly. From Lesnar mutilating Reigns and the latter smiling like a fucking idiot to Rollins' unprecedented cash-in DURING an ongoing match - at WM no less. I think I'm gonna rewatch the whole thing right now.

i don't remember the last time i was off the monday after a ppv. don't have to worry about missing raw, and i'm rewatching now.

didn't catch it last night, but after the sting match, cole says "we never thought we'd see this! deg- degeneration x! and the new age outlaws in the same ring!"

come on, man. this is wrestlemania. you just pofo'd that shit. you just woah yeah'd.

also, one of my favorite moments of the whole night was during the legends ballwashing dbry. flair starts wooing, and chops steamboat. so simple, so good.

rusev was the perfect heel in that match. barking at the ring announcer for presenting cena first, demanding that she lead with the champion. 

i was annoyed with cena winning, so i quickly got up for a beer. missed the post match incident where rusev was flipping his shit on lana. her fault the match happened in the first place. he's piisssssssed.

moments later, steph & hunter raise the heelery levels through the stadium's non-existent roof. spouting about how the magnitude of the wwe is only possible because of them, and if we don't like what we're getting, well fuck us, then. 

a whole talky segment in the middle of the show took it into raw territory, but they were clearly stalling for the sake of (stupid) daylight. still have to credit a compelling confrontation with.. with- jesus christ, ronda rousey is the baddest bitch i've ever seen.

this show was so damn good.

Rewatched some of the Mania highlights and overall it was a really well-done show. Only thing I would like to see is more of an NXT presence. Maybe not during the main show, but why not put on a couple of NXT matches during the pre-show? They'd get a ton of exposure to a huge audience.