VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

So we're just supposed to forget that the Prime Time Players weren't a thing a year ago, and then broke up, right?

Plus I can't ever look at Darren Young without thinking he's John Cena in blackface.

I've assumed he grew out that sketchy facial hair to try and look less like his long lost brother. 

Any thoughts on Raw tonight?  I skipped it to go see Prawn and judging by nobody here talking about it I have to assume I made the right choice.  Prawn rules.

Agreed, those were pretty good matches. It was nice seeing BNB kick out of an FU and Neville is an absolute lunatic. Also, Naomi's heel turn was perfectly executed. I was never a fan of her, but that was good stuff.

I don't get why Bryan wasn't on RAW though (wrestling, that is) for the second consecutive week. He seems fine, he works SmackDown! every week. But I guess having Ambrose squash Adam Rose was more important.

Agreed, those were pretty good matches. It was nice seeing BNB kick out of an FU and Neville is an absolute lunatic. Also, Naomi's heel turn was perfectly executed. I was never a fan of her, but that was good stuff.

I don't get why Bryan wasn't on RAW though (wrestling, that is) for the second consecutive week. He seems fine, he works SmackDown! every week. But I guess having Ambrose squash Adam Rose was more important.

Word on the sheets is that Bryan is in rough shape still from his previous injury so he's being protected.

Those are all unfounded rumors.

I think it has more to do with the original rumors that they were going to do a soft brand split.

US title will be the main belt on raw and IC on smackdown.

If Bryan is mainly on smackdown people are going to tune in to watch him.

Looks like he's been pulled from the rest of the Euro tour... so maybe not so unfounded.

He still worked SmackDown! apparently. Tag match but still. Whether the WWE is protecting him or he's become a SD!-exclusive talent (which makes no sense since virtually everybody else appears on RAW), that does not excuse his RAW absences.

And Bryan possibly not being at 100% should be no surprise. I expected him to tone down his style when he returned but he's still doing Suicide Dives and cringe-worthy Diving Headbutts. He adapted this insanely fired up style in mid-2013 when the Yes-Movement really got going and that has definitely taken its toll. He should go easier in the ring, adapt a more grounded submission style.

NXT was not good last night. Anyone else see it?

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of last night's show. The Zayn/Rhyno match was good, not great. Dana Brooks is not ready to compete in the ring, especially with the level of talent in the women's division of NXT. Baron Corbin is losing his mystique. It's really time they throw him in a feud with someone good. Honestly, one of my favorite parts was Alex Riley's promo. I hope the match with Kevin Owens next week is good.

I went to the NXT house show in Gainesville last night. It was a lot of fun. Mojo is back. He still sucks in the ring but he worked the crowd really well and had one of the best receptions of the night. Another interesting note is that the crowd ate Corbin alive. Tye Dillinger got ripped apart by the crowd too. He has this new(?) Perfect 10 gimmick and the crowd chanted Zero Talent for a good portion of the match. Enzo and Cass are so over. Good show. I got to see pretty much everyone except Balor and Owens. Owens came but just cut a promo about how he wasn't wrestling a shitty house show.

I went to the NXT house show in Gainesville last night. It was a lot of fun. Mojo is back. He still sucks in the ring but he worked the crowd really well and had one of the best receptions of the night. Another interesting note is that the crowd ate Corbin alive. Tye Dillinger got ripped apart by the crowd too. He has this new(?) Perfect 10 gimmick and the crowd chanted Zero Talent for a good portion of the match. Enzo and Cass are so over. Good show. I got to see pretty much everyone except Balor and Owens. Owens came but just cut a promo about how he wasn't wrestling a shitty house show.

Corbin got ripped apart at the Columbus house show last month as well. It's cool to see how fans that aren't there for every taping react.

Does Mojo still have the "Stay Hyped" gimmick? I think I remember when he got injured he cut a promo or something saying that he'd be back with a new attitude.