VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

i don't know how anyone can be expected to boo Owens. He is taking apart the Cena character's lies and contradictions AND he powerbombed a useless musical guest? All in the name of providing for his family? SAVE US.Y2KO

anyone going to ROH tomorrow? couple friends are coming into the city for it, and i'm thinking about joining them. only downside is they already have tickets, and i'd be seated on my own.

I just opened this thread for the first time.

I was a HUGE wrestling fan from 93-99, while I was at a live show in January of 1999, my grandfather died (he wasn't with us), It was a week before I turned 11. When that happened I kind of gave up and lost interest in wrestling, it just always bummed me out to think of my grandpa.

Flash forward to February of this year, I found out about the WWE network and decided to give it a shot and to watch the old attitude era stuff. I ended up watching some of the newer stuff too.

Flash forward to present day, I am 100% totally obsessed with current wrestling now. It's even better than it was then! I look forward to every ppv, raw and smack down. I really need to get into NXT and ROH next.

Wrestlemania 30 for the Daniel Bryan matches; Royal Rumble 2015 triple threat; Wrestlemania 31 main event; LU grave consequences casket match; Cesaro vs. Zayn; and the Shield vs. Wyatt Family are all recent matches that I would recommend.

I'll definitely give it a shot! Thanks man!

I'll take suggestions on anything from 2000-2015 that I may have missed too if anyone has any!

CM PUNK. Case closed. 

Honestly, buy yourself the "CM Punk: Best in the World" dvd.

Also, see the new Kevin Ownes v Cena feud. Its been the best thing in Wrestling since D Bry at WM30 and the introduction of the Shield.

I'll definitely give it a shot! Thanks man!

I'll take suggestions on anything from 2000-2015 that I may have missed too if anyone has any!

i suggest limiting your range to 2010-2015

Money in the Bank 2011 is considered by a lot of people to be the advent of the current 'reality era' so if you've already gotten back to 2012, you might as well continue on to there.

And yeah, what everyone else says about NXT and Lucha Underground is true. I would watch NXT from maybe the first Takeover special onward if you have the time, and LU is worth watching all the way through. You could binge it in a whole weekend. 

NXT is great but it's not always consistent. The majority of it live sup to the hype (especially the blossoming Women's Division) but there are needless squashes and the undercard suffers a bit. I guess that's because it's still partly treated as developmental.

Lucha Underground gets a perfect 10 from me. It overdelivers every single week, the roster is stacked, the writing makes sense and it's completely different from any wrestling show out there because of it's unique format and style. Basically, every episode is as important as a WWE PPV. It is not an understatement to say that it's revolutionizing the industry.

On a sidenote, this past month Kevin Owens faced:

• Sami Zayn (Unstoppable)
  • John Cena (Chamber/MITB)
  • Adrian Neville (RAW)
  • Dolph Ziggler (RAW)
  • Samoa Joe (NXT)
  • Cesaro (SD!)

And all of those were good-to-great matches. That's a real champion right there.

That's why Owens is such a success story- because he's an enormous breath of fresh air in that his character doesn't have the same tunnel vision that has plagued WWE forever. It's always "I don't like you" with no regard for anyone else's existence.*

Not only has he wrestled those guys, but he also has beef with Regal, Itami, Balor... and it wasn't that long ago that he was wiping his ass with Riley.

*the most egregious example of this has to be Punk during the Bryan v Authority angle. Like, dude... Everything you've been going on about for the last 3 years is happening to one of your friends. But you can't speak up even once because you're mad at fucking Curtis Axel?