VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

"These people don't want Roman as champ? Fine! We'll make them WISH Roman were champ after a few months of Sheamus!"

The sad thing is this is totally going to work. I already felt kinda bad for Reigns last night even though it was a disappointingly short finale with no heel turn or even a tease whatsoever. I at least give a crap about the guy. I really couldn't care less about Sheamus.

So, Cesaro will be out for 4-6 months. After Rollins, Bryan, Rusev, Orton, Kidd, Zayn and Itami, maybe they should slowly consider a brand split and/or off-season for half of the roster. Y'know, have a brand led by Cena, Ambrose and Reigns for 6 months and then a brand led by Owens, Ziggler and Wyatt for the rest of the year. The current schedule is madness and the product is stale anyway.

Also, the top NXT guys and girls will eventually get the call-up and the roster's gonna be overcrowded with even more great talent and wasted potential.

I think they would benefit to keeping Smackdown and Raw separate like it used to be. Also I would rather have Sheamus then Roman as champion. At least Sheamus gets reactions. No one cared when Roman won and lost the title last night. I think they failed at making him a face and should make him a heel who destroys people. Maybe he would actually get over. I really don't see who they could replace Cena with.

• 2 weeks later...

Good call. It feels so unbelievably insignificant. I'm looking forward to NXT Takeover: London though, hopefully Sami Zayn will make an appearance.

Also, Lucha fucking Underground is finally coming back on January 27th.

I haven't even been following NXT lately but I'm sure the Takeover show will be good.

Mostly replying to say fuck yea Lucha Underground!

Good call. It feels so unbelievably insignificant. I'm looking forward to NXT Takeover: London though, hopefully Sami Zayn will make an appearance.

Also, Lucha fucking Underground is finally coming back on January 27th.

Zayn is wrestling on the UK tour every night, Triple H said he will be at Takeover but I'm guessing his match will be recorded for the following week's episode of NXT (like what they did in Brooklyn a few months ago).

Zayn is wrestling on the UK tour every night, Triple H said he will be at Takeover but I'm guessing his match will be recorded for the following week's episode of NXT (like what they did in Brooklyn a few months ago).

Yeah, I'm just hoping for a promo or something. It'd be nice to see Zayn return at Takeover and kick off a new feud.

I'm stoked to see Mysterio in the Temple. That trailer is greatness.

I had the PPV on tonight. The triple threat tag ladder match was pretty good and had some really cool spots, and Owens vs. Ambrose was solid as well. While the chair match gimmick is one of the worst of all time, Del Rio vs. Swagger was pretty decent. Paige and Charlotte put on a fine match, but the booking is absolute garbage. With both of them teetering the heel line, it was pretty awkward, and the crowd didn't seem super into it. Ric Flair may have helped Charlotte get over as a heel tonight. WWE will hopefully book this feud better tomorrow on Raw. The main event was pretty damn good. Given that I can't stand Sheamus and am not a huge Reigns fan, I was really surprised by it, and Roman may have finally actually gotten over with his post-match antics. Overall, what I saw of the PPV wasn't half bad. I haven't been watching Raw lately or anything, but I know that it's been absolutely terrible. So, this was alright tonight.

I enjoyed the Wyatt's vs. ECW Originals the most, I think. Of course the Wyatt's should go over (and did), but it was rad to see Tommy Dreamer. 

And I can't believe I swung around, but I'm a fan of The New Day. 

Looking forward to NXT in London to see Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor. That's a match that should have been on this card. 

I had the PPV on tonight. The triple threat tag ladder match was pretty good and had some really cool spots, and Owens vs. Ambrose was solid as well. While the chair match gimmick is one of the worst of all time, Del Rio vs. Swagger was pretty decent. Paige and Charlotte put on a fine match, but the booking is absolute garbage. With both of them teetering the heel line, it was pretty awkward, and the crowd didn't seem super into it. Ric Flair may have helped Charlotte get over as a heel tonight. WWE will hopefully book this feud better tomorrow on Raw. The main event was pretty damn good. Given that I can't stand Sheamus and am not a huge Reigns fan, I was really surprised by it, and Roman may have finally actually gotten over with his post-match antics. Overall, what I saw of the PPV wasn't half bad. I haven't been watching Raw lately or anything, but I know that it's been absolutely terrible. So, this was alright tonight.

I can agree with pretty much all of this. Although I wasn't invested in the main event, the aftermath was great and I hope they continue booking him like the out of control neanderthal that he can portray so well instead of a terrible jokester.

Pissed that Owens lost the title but the optimist in me hopes that he'll be in the main event picture soon.

Match of the Night was easily the Tag Team Ladder match. Especially that Salida del Sol was fucking nuts. Banks-Lynch was a good one, too and should've been on the main card