VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Sting reportedly has to retire:

According to TMZ, medical evaluations by numerous doctors over the past six months have confirmed a diagnosis of cervical spinal stenosis. This narrowing of the open space in a person's neck impacts the nervous system and leads to pain and lost sensation or mobility in extremities. It's the same diagnosis which lead to Edge's retirement in 2011.

The recommendation is that the 56 year old not wrestle again to avoid further damage, and Sting has decided to heed that advice. Apparently, an announcement is expected to coincide with WrestleMania and his induction into the Hall of Fame the night before, although that's not yet official.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/3/17/11253596/wwe-sting-wrestling-career-done-spinal-stenosis

It's not a big shock but it's still a shame that he only got to have two matches in the WWE and that the dream feud against Taker never happened.

Yeah, especially since they wanted to recreate the Monday Night Wars and show how superior the WWE was compared to WCW for the billionth time. I guess Sting didn't care but he really should've won.

Anyway, I forgot to say how fucking insane Lucha Underground was this week (again). And seeing Nakamura on NXT's titantron was surreal. Also, Styles-Owens delivered a fantastic match on SmackDown! (which should've been a PPV headliner).

Anyway, I forgot to say how fucking insane Lucha Underground was this week (again).

This season has been so good it's unbelievable. Even the Texano/Chavo match from this week's episode was not horrible. Muertes/Fenix was incredible; i was surprised that Fenix took the title a week before Aztec Warfare, but the new stipulation makes me want to see the match even more. The Matanza reveal was dope, and i can't wait to see Dario return to the temple. 

It's really a great time to be a wrestling fan, with LU firing on all cylinders and Takeover:Dallas and Wrestlemania coming up shortly. Praise G-d.

Yeah, I'm really stoked for Aztec Warfare 2. I have a weird feeling the title's gonna change again and I wouldn't even be mad because I actually trust LU with their storylines.

Also, is anyone else super pissed they're gonna waste Zayn vs. Owens in a multi-man ladder match for the IC Title while fucking Ryback gets a singles match against Kalisto that NO ONE wants to see?

Also, is anyone else super pissed they're gonna waste Zayn vs. Owens in a multi-man ladder match for the IC Title while fucking Ryback gets a singles match against Kalisto that NO ONE wants to see?

This.

It would make WAY more sense to have the US title in the ladder match. People would lose it for Zayn and Owens at Mania.

My God Aztec Warfare was amazing! Take notes WWE

Yeah, that is how you put together a battle royale and progress multiple storylines at once. We are blessed to bear witness to LU.

Yeah, not feeling the hype either. It could still deliver in one way or another like last year but I'm not holding my breath.

NXT Takeover: Dallas is the real WrestleMania. The card is stacked and it'll see not only one but TWO massive debuts. Seriously, I'll lose my fucking mind once Shinsuke Nakamura enters the arena.

Supposedly The Miz might be out due to an injury suffered at tonight's live event. Who do you guys hope replaces him in the IC ladder match?

I think putting Finn Balor in would be awesome but I doubt they would put two NXT guys in there. It will probably be Fandango or something dumb like that.

Bálor deserves a better debut than that, especially if Anderson and Gallows are about to come in. I mean, he could win the IC Title with their help I guess but only Owens and Zayn should feud over the title. I think Breeze should replace him.

Is Miz seriously out? It can't be a coincidence that everyone's getting injured in these past few months. Do a brand split and consider an off-season, wrestlers are not machines.

Bálor deserves a better debut than that, especially if Anderson and Gallows are about to come in. I mean, he could win the IC Title with their help I guess but only Owens and Zayn should feud over the title. I think Breeze should replace him.

Is Miz seriously out? It can't be a coincidence that everyone's getting injured in these past few months. Do a brand split and consider an off-season, wrestlers are not machines.

What about Brian Cage?