VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I heard Arn Anderson on a DVD (don't remember which one) say that wrestlers get injured more frequently nowadays because they don't work seven days a week and twice on Sundays like the 70's and 80's. They built up a resistance or something back then. I would assume people get hurt more now because they're doing more dangerous maneuvers. 

He's definitely grizzled. But he probably has a point. The current talent has it somewhat easier. They have guaranteed contracts which is relatively new. If you got injured back then and didn't work, you didn't get paid. I know of a few exceptions (Paul Heyman paid Taz in ECW when he was injured). The talent has access to medical care by being employed by WWE. They don't have to travel by car as much as before and almost all of their accommodations is taken care of by WWE. They make boatloads more money. But of course all these things are good for the talent. It makes it worth doing now.

Edited by somethingvinyl

5 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

I heard Arn Anderson on a DVD (don't remember which one) say that wrestlers get injured more frequently nowadays because they don't work seven days a week and twice on Sundays like the 70's and 80's. They built up a resistance or something back then. I would assume people get hurt more now because they're doing more dangerous maneuvers. 

He said it again on the "Horsemen" table for 3 that just aired on WWE Network

17 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

I get the feeling that that's just Arn trying to big dick on the younger roster who say they have it tough with the touring. I definitely think it's the more dangerous maneuvers of a lot of the younger roster, as well.

That could be true but then again, out of all the crazy moves Adrian Neville does, a simple Baseball Slide sidelined him for months.

Anyway, here's some rumours regarding the brand split:

• The WWE draft could take place on July 11 in Detroit, per Bryan Alvarez.
  • According to Dave Meltzer, right now it looks like WWE will have two world champions -one for Raw and one for SmackDown, although "that could change."
  • It's expected that Roman Reigns will head up one show while John Cena will be the focus of the other.
  • None of the wrestlers are in the know regarding where they might end up or how all of this is going to play out and they will likely be kept in the dark until the draft.
  • There are a ton of rumors on what belts will go where, but the consensus so far seems to be two world titles, US on one show, and Intercontinental on the other. There's also been word that the women's title could be on both shows. It's undecided on whether or not the tag champs will float between brands like the women's titleholder, or if they'll bring back a second set of tag belts.
  •  

So ... I guess Vince has found a way to make both Reigns and Cena World Champions. That sneaky bastard.

Edited by Breezus

This will be good. It was fun in the mid-2000's. Life is different now with the network. I don't think I ever bought one of the all Raw or all Smackdown PPV's in the 2000's. But the major PPVs that had both brands felt more special when talent crossed over in matches (like Rumble). And it's so much more value to get the network for $120 a year with all the content available, plus PPVs. It's a different way of doing things. It definitely will allow for more talent to be seen while not over-exposing some of the more established wrestlers. 

8 minutes ago, Breezus said:

So, Styles-Cena is a thing now and the Club is back together.

Please don't bury them, invisible man.

Hopefully Styles doesn't lose his 3rd fued in a row (and 3rd in general).  It being Cena either spells impending doom or that they actually realize the potential the Club have as major heels. Fingers crossed.

Seth's documentary was indeed terrific. I only wish he came back as a face against a villainous Reigns (who stole his spot as the Authority's golden child) but that'd make too much sense.

Anyway, Cage is such a beast and an exceptional all-rounder. Didn't expect him to do all that flippy shit so effortlessly. And man, do I love Lucha Underground's camera work.

11 hours ago, Breezus said:

Seth's documentary was indeed terrific. I only wish he came back as a face against a villainous Reigns (who stole his spot as the Authority's golden child) but that'd make too much sense.

Anyway, Cage is such a beast and an exceptional all-rounder. Didn't expect him to do all that flippy shit so effortlessly. And man, do I love Lucha Underground's camera work.

Mr. GMSI has been doing dope flippy shit at PWG shows for ages and it's awesome every time.  

Scored some nice floor seats to NXT Louisville today, pretty stoked to see everyone on the roster right now, fingers crossed they don't lose anyone major (Nakamura... PLEASE NO) to the brand split a few weeks before the show.

32 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Scored some nice floor seats to NXT Louisville today, pretty stoked to see everyone on the roster right now, fingers crossed they don't lose anyone major (Nakamura... PLEASE NO) to the brand split a few weeks before the show.

Very jealous. I still haven't been to an NXT show yet.

I'm thinking about going to an EVOLVE show here in July. Anybody been to one? I recently starting watching it. I caught up on the last few shows and like it a lot. Anything I should know or expect?

8 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Very jealous. I still haven't been to an NXT show yet.

I'm thinking about going to an EVOLVE show here in July. Anybody been to one? I recently starting watching it. I caught up on the last few shows and like it a lot. Anything I should know or expect?

Never been but I've also been watching their shows lately, I'll bet it's a great time.

I'm waiting to buy tickets until they announce some of the matches. I wanna make sure Gargano is at least on the card, which I'm sure he will be since he's one of the main attractions there. Also, there's a slim chance that there could be a Global Cruiserweight matchup. It looks like a lot of fun though. Plus, front row tickets are only $50 and you get a $10 merch table credit. So it's like $40+buy a t shirt, which I would've done anyway. Can't really beat it.

Also, head's up to anyone that might be interested in EVOLVE. Their next two shows are this weekend in Florida, live on iPPV, all that jazz. It's most definitely worth checking out.

Edited by TheWindBlower

18 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Mr. GMSI has been doing dope flippy shit at PWG shows for ages and it's awesome every time.

Yeah, he's pretty great. I also think he's so much better as a face who just destroys everyone (well, except Matanza).

Anyway, I just read that Reigns-Rollins is gonna lead RAW while Cena-Styles will lead SmackDown! with the WHC back which is totally possible. I really hope for a double turn (notice how there aren't even 'Let's Go Roman/Roman Sucks chants', just a chorus of boos? That's just bad) and for Styles and the Club to utterly dominate the show, if they're serious about this 'new era' shit.

3 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Anyway, I just read that Reigns-Rollins is gonna lead RAW while Cena-Styles will lead SmackDown! with the WHC back which is totally possible. I really hope for a double turn (notice how there aren't even 'Let's Go Roman/Roman Sucks chants', just a chorus of boos? That's just bad) and for Styles and the Club to utterly dominate the show, if they're serious about this 'new era' shit.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0603/612339/john-cena-not-on-wwe-smackdown-after-brand-split-after-all/

Dirt sheets are already conflicting. WWE is doing a decent job keeping the future after the split under wraps, I think. Regardless of what show they're on though, those two feuds are very promising. I'm even looking forward to the Reigns/Rollins one. If they don't turn either one, I hope Seth captures back that title. He was a great heel champ. Styles and Cena will be great too. It's the type of feud that I never realized that I wanted. The main guy from WWE taking on the main guy from TNA/NJPW. It's gonna be fun. I can see Styles getting a lot out of Cena like how Punk and Bryan did.