VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

27 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0603/612339/john-cena-not-on-wwe-smackdown-after-brand-split-after-all/

Dirt sheets are already conflicting. WWE is doing a decent job keeping the future after the split under wraps, I think. Regardless of what show they're on though, those two feuds are very promising. I'm even looking forward to the Reigns/Rollins one. If they don't turn either one, I hope Seth captures back that title. He was a great heel champ. Styles and Cena will be great too. It's the type of feud that I never realized that I wanted. The main guy from WWE taking on the main guy from TNA/NJPW. It's gonna be fun. I can see Styles getting a lot out of Cena like how Punk and Bryan did.

Lol yeah, I do like how unpredictable the whole thing is. Anything is possible at this point, especially with SD! going live as it pretty much makes it an equal brand to RAW (although the latter still needs to lose the third hour). Styles-Cena is a dream feud that no one thought would ever happen so I couldn't be more exciting for this as well. Styles needs to win this feud though. He's been credible despite losing both of his feuds but another major loss could hurt him big time.

And I have to say that the Reigns/Rollins feud has already lost me a bit. That troll segment or whatever on RAW was so utterly stupid, was there seriously no other way for Seth to garner some heat? I mean, I get that he's supposed to be a heel since neither Reigns or Ambrose have been able to get their revenge on him yet but this is just forced. No one really wants to boo Seth, no one cheers for Roman, why make things so complicated?

Edited by Breezus

Thoughts on Takeover? I thought all matches delivered (with the Tag match being MOTN and Shinsuke-Aries as a close second) and especially Nia-Asuka was a pleasant surprise. Main event was fine but the Pin/Submission and Exit the Door options make it hard to enjoy cage matches in general for me. Also, I think Dillinger has become too popular for his own good because his greatness completely overshadowed Andrade in his debut imo.

I expect a lot of call-ups for the Brand Split. Shinsuke and Bayley better be part of it.

I agree with everything you said about Takeover. I was VERY surprised by Asuka and Jax. I expected that match to be a complete snoozer. Shinsuke and Aries delivered, and it's hard for me to say which match was better between that one and the Tag titles match. I was pretty disappointed to see AA drop the belts, and the surprise beatdown was pretty lame too. Paul Ellering showing up was awesome, but the two brutes that attacked AA looked wildly generic. I can see them getting boring really fast, but I hope I'm wrong. The cage match was a touch disappointing just because I had such high expectations, but there were a few really cool spots. I really think all cage matches should be decided by climbing over the top, but that's just me. Overall, it was a great show, but not the best Takeover special ever.

Add Dillinger to the list of people who deserve a call up for the split. That guy is phenomenal. I'm glad to see he finally found his footing with the Perfect 10 gimmick. I hope a lot of NXT talent goes up.

Really enjoyed Takeover. Only match I didn't enjoy was the womens match but that was because I am not a fan of Nia Jax. I feel she sells as bad as a Yugo. My favorite match was Aries and Nakamura. For me Aries killed it and seemed like a man on a mission and they really did a good job of giving you the feeling he could win till he made that fatal mistake. Dillinger really deserves a push, he is such a workhorse and is really over. I felt bad for Almos because while he is a phenomenal talent that crowd was soooo into Dillinger. What were they thinking though with those jobbers beating up AA. Those guys look like they belong in a bingo hall with 10 people there. I get that AA is probably moving up with Finn but woof. Also I cant wait for Nakamura versus Joe which is probably from what I hear is planned for the next NXT special before SummerSlam.

4 hours ago, bluedeni said:

Really enjoyed Takeover. Only match I didn't enjoy was the womens match but that was because I am not a fan of Nia Jax. I feel she sells as bad as a Yugo. My favorite match was Aries and Nakamura. For me Aries killed it and seemed like a man on a mission and they really did a good job of giving you the feeling he could win till he made that fatal mistake. Dillinger really deserves a push, he is such a workhorse and is really over. I felt bad for Almos because while he is a phenomenal talent that crowd was soooo into Dillinger. What were they thinking though with those jobbers beating up AA. Those guys look like they belong in a bingo hall with 10 people there. I get that AA is probably moving up with Finn but woof. Also I cant wait for Nakamura versus Joe which is probably from what I hear is planned for the next NXT special before SummerSlam.

Off topic: I might have told you this before, and I'm sorry if I have, but I was born in Rockledge. I was raised for 20 years in Melbourne, but born at the old Wuesthoff Hospital.

51 minutes ago, SmikeX13 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that the first time Finn lost as the demon? 

I believe so.

Also, afterwards, the crowd chanted "See you Monday." Not that that means anything, but I'd imagine Finn is getting a call up for the brand split. If you have him lose as the demon, it's got to be a good sign that he's off to the main roster.

6 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

I believe so.

Also, afterwards, the crowd chanted "See you Monday." Not that that means anything, but I'd imagine Finn is getting a call up for the brand split. If you have him lose as the demon, it's got to be a good sign that he's off to the main roster.

I'm thinking he shows up at money in the bank to help out AJ and The Club. I shellfishly hope he debuts at the draft in Detroit because I just bought tickets for that Raw the other day. 

1 minute ago, SmikeX13 said:

I'm thinking he shows up at money in the bank to help out AJ and The Club. I shellfishly hope he debuts at the draft in Detroit because I just bought tickets for that Raw the other day. 

I was debating coming back to Michigan for it. Had to move my trip into June though. I'm pretty disappointed that I can't be there for it. It's been a while since something really exciting for WWE happened in Detroit.

22 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

I was debating coming back to Michigan for it. Had to move my trip into June though. I'm pretty disappointed that I can't be there for it. It's been a while since something really exciting for WWE happened in Detroit.

We did get the Shane debut too so I'm hoping we start to get more than two dates a year and a PPV more than every couple of years. 

1 minute ago, SmikeX13 said:

We did get the Shane debut too so I'm hoping we start to get more than two dates a year and a PPV more than every couple of years. 

I didn't know that was in Detroit! That is very cool. I was at Night of Champions when we had that a few years ago. It was fun but wasn't a groundbreaking PPV.

4 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

I didn't know that was in Detroit! That is very cool. I was at Night of Champions when we had that a few years ago. It was fun but wasn't a groundbreaking PPV.

I was going to go to that but was at Riot Fest that weekend. My co workers got ringside seats and got to go in the ring for some sort of radio dj contest thing. 

Top Ten Catchphrases of the last decade, and THE GUY tops the list. Lmao. What a joke.

EDIT: Not that these videos matter or anything, I just think it's funny that, of ALL the catchphrases from the last decade, the one that Roman has been using for maybe 3 months is the BEST.

Edited by TheWindBlower

15 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

I'm taking my five year old son to Raw tonight. Really excited. Hoping something cool happens a week out from Money In The Bank.

Have fun! I went to my first wrestling show around that age, and I still remember a few bits and pieces of it. I thought the crowd was chanting "Rocky SOCKS!" instead of "Rocky SOCKS!" and my old man bought me a Bret Hart shirt. I hope your son takes home a good memory or two!

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Have fun! I went to my first wrestling show around that age, and I still remember a few bits and pieces of it. I thought the crowd was chanting "Rocky SOCKS!" instead of "Rocky SOCKS!" and my old man bought me a Bret Hart shirt. I hope your son takes home a good memory or two!

My dad was born in Florida and watched Championship wrestling from Florida which was NWA. So he was familiar with those wrestlers. I don't think he knew much about the WWF. But the first wrestling VHS he saw at the local video rental store was Wrestlemania 1. He rented it and told me to watch it. I was five. From then on until my early 20's, I was a wrestling fanatic. 

I don't need my kid to love wrestling like I did, but it was such a fun thing for me to be into. Hulk Hogan was the babiest babyface ever so that's who I cheered for. Yet, it's fitting that the next babiest babyface is John Cena and it happens to be the only wrestler my son knows, haha. 

39 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Competitors for the CWC have been announced here.

There are a lot of names that I've never heard of, some welcomed surprises, and a few names not on there that I was hoping to see. I am very excited for this, though.

Hyped for Ibushi, Tajiri and Brian Kendrick. Most of the other newly announced people I'm fairly unfamiliar with minus Cedric Alexander. Super pumped for the series as a whole though.

21 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Hyped for Ibushi, Tajiri and Brian Kendrick. Most of the other newly announced people I'm fairly unfamiliar with minus Cedric Alexander. Super pumped for the series as a whole though.

I was hoping to see Kushida on the list as a surprise. Also, the absence of Evolve's "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams is a shame. Those are the only two big gripes that I have with the roster for this. I REALLY wish they could've gotten a work relationship with ROH to get guys like Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin in this, but they'd probably fair better in some sort of "Tag Team Classic Tournament." Brian Kendrick and Tajiri are very welcomed surprises, though! Kota Ibushi, Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, and Drew Gulak are sure to impress as well. This tournament is gonna be wild.

Don't know the other obscure names either - except for Da Mack who I saw at the wXw show I went to earlier this year. Underwhelming name but he's pretty decent, so I'm glad he got the call.

I'm gonna mark out so hard when Tajiri shows up. What a great surprise. Add the likes of ZSJ, TJP, Ciampa, Gargano, Dar, Metalik, Swann, Kendrick and Kota fucking Ibushi to the mix and holy shit, is this tourney STACKED. I don't even care who wins, this whole concept is already a massive win.

Edited by Breezus