VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

The Fatal-5-Way last night on 205 Live was great. After some time to think about it, I'm definitely down with this Neville heel run in the cruiserweight division. His promos and look are so much better. It's exactly what he needed.

Edited by TheWindBlower

I don't get to watch weekly anymore so I could be completely wrong, but this Wrestlemania is seeming like a thrown together mess. (Based on the rumored card). It seems like a majority of the story lines are being rushed right before the event.

I'm gonna attempt to put my thoughts in a spoiler (if I can figure out how) in case somebody is intentionally avoiding the rumors.

The two main title holders coming into the night will be new champions (1 less than 2 months, 1 less than 1 month).

Rollins vs. HHH made sense as its been built up for a while now. (But that might not happen at all)

The Randy Orton/Wyatt split has slowly been shaping up.

Goldberg vs. Brock... OK, but why have one of them be a title holder?

Shane vs. AJ... uhh what? I love Shane, but AJ was just the Smackdown Champ and he's fighting Shane?

Jericho vs. Owens... Ok, had to happen eventually, but Wrestlemania? No Title? They are really playing Styles and Owens dirty.

Undertaker vs. Roman... who cares? 

And the rest is just worse.

Except the Raw Women's Title match. Out of all of the matches that makes the most sense to me.

6 hours ago, himynameisShane said:

I don't get to watch weekly anymore so I could be completely wrong, but this Wrestlemania is seeming like a thrown together mess. (Based on the rumored card). It seems like a majority of the story lines are being rushed right before the event.

I'm gonna attempt to put my thoughts in a spoiler (if I can figure out how) in case somebody is intentionally avoiding the rumors.

Hide contents

The two main title holders coming into the night will be new champions (1 less than 2 months, 1 less than 1 month).

Rollins vs. HHH made sense as its been built up for a while now. (But that might not happen at all)

The Randy Orton/Wyatt split has slowly been shaping up.

Goldberg vs. Brock... OK, but why have one of them be a title holder?

Shane vs. AJ... uhh what? I love Shane, but AJ was just the Smackdown Champ and he's fighting Shane?

Jericho vs. Owens... Ok, had to happen eventually, but Wrestlemania? No Title? They are really playing Styles and Owens dirty.

Undertaker vs. Roman... who cares? 

And the rest is just worse.

Except the Raw Women's Title match. Out of all of the matches that makes the most sense to me.

Would we be surprised if Roman does face the Undertaker and win?

39 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

Not at all. That's what I'm anticipating to happen. Let's face it. Taker has to retire eventually. Why not have him lose to Reigns, the man that WWE so desperately wants everyone to love and appreciate? I mean, if he can beat Taker, he must be GREAT! Right?!

Side note: I'm so pumped to see Tyler Bate vs. Trent Seven next week on NXT.

2 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Not at all. That's what I'm anticipating to happen. Let's face it. Taker has to retire eventually. Why not have him lose to Reigns, the man that WWE so desperately wants everyone to love and appreciate? I mean, if he can beat Taker, he must be GREAT! Right?!

Side note: I'm so pumped to see Tyler Bate vs. Trent Seven next week on NXT.

First paragraph, I get your sarcasm.
Side note: I agree with you.

15 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

Not entirely. I just think there is no impact to it if it does happen. The streak is already over. Roman winning would probably just make the people who don't like him hate him more. Lol

3 hours ago, himynameisShane said:

Not entirely. I just think there is no impact to it if it does happen. The streak is already over. Roman winning would probably just make the people who don't like him hate him more. Lol

Undertaker was fine putting over Brock, right? Otherwise it wouldn't happen. I bet Undertaker wouldn't want to put over Reigns, especially since the fans aren't having it.

Every single week, SmackDown! (and by extension, Talking Smack) is just fantastic television. They've elevated almost their entire roster, logically intertwine storylines and let rivals seamlessly move on to other feuds. The brand split revitalized the careers of Miz, Ziggler, Naomi, Wyatt, Natalya, the Usos, hell, even the Ascension and built up Corbin, Harper and Bliss incredibly well. I'm not hyped for that rumoured WM card at all but I'd love it if the Wyatt Triple Threat (which I hope is gonna happen) will be the main event.

RAW was actually really good this week too (Jeri//KO, Bayley-Charlotte) but that was like, the first time in a good while - and it still suffers from being 3 hours long. I wish they'd find a way to make 205 Live RAW's third hour because even though I enjoy 205 Live as its own show, it's just too much programming every week. 2 hours don't seem enough for SD! because they use every minute of it, while RAW just drags on and on. I would've quit RAW a long time ago if they didn't draft the majority of my favorites over there.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, himynameisShane said:

That was pathetic.

Is anyone actually entertained by a Goldberg "match".?

So many terrible booking decisions.

Rusev and Jinder break up... sweet... oh wait Big Show beats Rusev.

Braun loses clean to make Roman look stronger than ever even though no one cares.

Charlotte's PPV streak snapped at a throwaway PPV.

Two move KO loss to Goldberg. 

Just about ready to go exclusively Smackdown for my main roster viewing.

I all but knew Goldberg was winning, but these short match gimmicks aren't entertaining. Jericho coming out with a distraction made sense, but like maybe midway through a match? The best part of the whole match was KO not getting in the ring.

I enjoyed Bayley winning, but yes the streak should have ended at like Wrestlemania or something and it would be nice to see her win clean without Sasha running out.

RAW is such a fucking joke lmao. I don't even get mad anymore, I just remind myself that SmackDown! exists. Watching SD! the day after RAW always makes me forget just how underwhelming the latter is. I will never understand why one show is absolutely enjoyable from start to finish, week in and week out, and the other just ... isn't.

On a sidenote, I really should've watched the NJPW 45th Anniversary show instead of Fastlane today, since it had Shibata-Sabre and Okada-Tiger Mask W (=Kota Ibushi), among other things. Oh well.

Not watching Raw, but read on Twitter that the fans in Chicago were chanting "CM PUNK" during Goldberg's promo. I feel like there's never been a more appropriate time to chant that than the night after a part-timer, who hasn't taken the slightest bump in over a decade, wins one of the company's premier titles. That's hilarious.

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Not watching Raw, but read on Twitter that the fans in Chicago were chanting "CM PUNK" during Goldberg's promo. I feel like there's never been a more appropriate time to chant that than the night after a part-timer, who hasn't taken the slightest bump in over a decade, wins one of the company's premier titles. That's hilarious.

The best part is that he had no clue how to handle it, or he genuinely didn't understand what they meant (is it wrong to assume Goldberg has any idea who CM Punk is?). He just said "I hear ya!" and then thankfully Heyman came out so he would stop talking.

9 hours ago, dantheriver said:

The best part is that he had no clue how to handle it, or he genuinely didn't understand what they meant (is it wrong to assume Goldberg has any idea who CM Punk is?). He just said "I hear ya!" and then thankfully Heyman came out so he would stop talking.

Oh that's fantastic. Wow.

11 hours ago, dantheriver said:

That's funny.

13 hours ago, dantheriver said:

That was so awkward and hilarious 

Is anyone else going to Mania this year? I got my NXT and Mania tickets and I can't wait despite how bad the card looks.

Edited by Family Friendly Rap God