VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Guess Rey Rey isn't back with WWE after all.. 

This is going to be awesome! Rey looked to be back in 90's shape again at the Rumble and Liger can still go with the right opponent. The two best of their respective divisions going head to head all these years later. Their Starrcade 96 match is one of the first matches I remember seeing as a kid.

Section 112 — I was initially looking at some riser seats a friend was trying to dump but my wife is short and I knew she would have a hard time seeing. Then I started scoping Stubhub and fell in love with some 200-level seats for a decent aftermarket price. Then the other day a bunch of tickets cameraside on the 100 level just appeared on Ticketmaster after nothing had been there for weeks, and I managed to snag two for face value ($250 each). Really happy with them!

Good thing you avoided the risers. I specifically waited so I could be on the front row, seat 1, of a section four years ago. And needless to say, I was a tiny bit disappointed. There were,  presumably, less pricey seats further up my section, not on the risers, and I had a clear view when walking back from the food/restrooms.

I'm going to hold out. It will probably sell out but it wasn't sold out last time up until the day of the show. They're releasing tickets weirdly this time. I remember searching through thousands of tickets this time back in 2014. Now, it appears the cheapest seats are being held.

Edited by somethingvinyl

kinda random but i went to my first ring of honor show on friday night and it was fantastic. better than the 2 wwe shows ive been to recently. got to meet dalton, cody and brandi, young bucks and adam page, marty scurll, mandy leon, jay lethal and tenille dashwood. they also surprised us with tenille aka emma who they announced will be joining the RoH womens tournament. i added like 16 pictures on instagram if you wanna check them.

• 2 weeks later...

HonorClub launched today. Signed up for the yearly VIP option. Will be cool to get unlimited access to a bunch of ROH stuff. The interface is kinda bad right now, no search option, typeface is too big. Hopefully they fix that.

Might cancel WWE Network after Mania. I watch less and less WWE now. It's pretty much down to NXT, big 5 PPVs, and 205 Live replays with the occasional mid- and low-tier PPV. Not sure if it's worth it anymore. Even the big 5 PPVs are pretty hit or miss.

On 2/19/2018 at 10:00 PM, TheWindBlower said:

HonorClub launched today. Signed up for the yearly VIP option. Will be cool to get unlimited access to a bunch of ROH stuff. The interface is kinda bad right now, no search option, typeface is too big. Hopefully they fix that.

Might cancel WWE Network after Mania. I watch less and less WWE now. It's pretty much down to NXT, big 5 PPVs, and 205 Live replays with the occasional mid- and low-tier PPV. Not sure if it's worth it anymore. Even the big 5 PPVs are pretty hit or miss.

WWE Network sends me 3 free months for .99 cents in all my emails where I once had an account. I just keep creating emails and do that. I haven't paid for a month in nearly six months. 

Edited by somethingvinyl

6 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

WWE Network sends me 3 free months for .99 cents in all my emails where I once had an account. I just keep creating emails and do that. I haven't paid for a month in nearly six months. 

That's an interesting thought. Considering they don't send any perks for being a Day One subscriber anymore, I might consider this. I don't feel any loyalty to them.

3 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

I'm under the impression that she's going to face Stephanie in some capacity at WM. Asuka will win whichever title she goes for. Ronda maybe challenges Asuka for the belt after that. I would bet that Ronda will be Asuka's first loss.

Yeah good call on that.  Not going to be okay with her being Asuka’s first loss though.

On 2/28/2018 at 8:42 AM, TheWindBlower said:

Yeah, that angle continued on Monday as well with Ronda supporting Kurt Angle. I think the idea right now is Ronda/Angle vs. Stephanie/HHH.

Agreed. Also still not convinced Asuka isn’t going to switch to smackdown. Technically she neve said who she is challenging and smackdown hasn’t done much for building a number 1 contender

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:08 PM, TheWindBlower said:

Main event at ROH Manhattan Mayhem was wild tonight. Young Bucks, Scurll, and Hangman vs. The Kingdom and Shane Taylor. Tons of crazy action.

adam page is getting really good. was impressed when I went to RoH last month

22 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Good lord.  So they pretty much have events EVERYDAY?  Woooow.

March is an especially busy month with the Anniversary Show, New Japan Cup (a 2 week tournament) and Strong Style Evolved. It's usually just 1 or 2 big shows a month with a couple "Road To..." shows before the main ones. Not anywhere close to being as overwhelming as WWE's schedule.

Edited by erikness

Yeah, NJPW's schedule is pretty much an all-or-nothing kind of thing. I don't think it's necessary to watch the entire show during tourneys like the NJC or the G1 though, especially if there's an event every day. That being said, the NJC matches have all been damn good so far. I never thought Heavyweight Taichi would be this impressive.

I've pretty much removed WWE from my viewing schedule. Didn't even bother with Elimination Chamber and will only watch Fastlane's main event if people say it's good. I'm probably gonna give WM the same treatment. I'm only interested in the BROKEN Hardy stuff and Styles-Nakamura (as well as NXT and 205). It's a massive relief and NJPW and Lucha Underground are the perfect replacements.

Edited by Breezus

4 hours ago, erikness said:

Anybody else going to NJPW Strong Style Evolved this Sunday? I can't wait! Golden Lovers vs The Bucks is going to be off the charts and Switchblade vs Hangman/Liger vs Mysterio should be great too. Rest of the card should be announced in the next few days.

Not going but am pumped none the less! NJC final coming up this week too. Excited to see who they go with!

Yeah, I never expected WWE to actually clear him. I was eagerly awaiting his exit later this year, so he could return to the indies but I happily embrace this unexpected development as well. Bryan not wrestling a full-time schedule and having long-awaited rematches and dream matches with the likes of Joe, Owens, Zayn, Strong, Black, Almas, Ohno, Gargano, Styles and Nakamura really is the best case scenario.

Actually seeing BROKEN Matt Hardy and the Ultimate Deletion uncensored and in all its glory on RAW was surreal. It's kind of a miracle. The rest of the product may be shit but I gotta give them props for letting the talent do their thing there and handling Bryan's return as well as they did.

As far as NJPW goes, I think ZSJ has become my new favorite wrestler (Top 5, at least). I still can't believe NJPW booked him like an absolute machine by having him brutalize top stars like Naito, Ibushi, SANADA and Tana in order to face Okada. I couldn't be happier he and Ibushi didn't sign with WWE. However, it's a shame that Rey won't be able to make it to Strong Style Evolved but at least the Golden Lovers-Bucks match is going to be amazing.

Just bought a subscription to NJPW.  Gonna try my best to keep up with stuff, but more than likely I'll start with Strong Style Evolved whenever it's available to watch in the US (seriously, why isn't it live in the US?).

Anyone who's a subscriber use the app on the Amazon Firestick?  I just downloaded it and it seems like a bit of a mess.  Needs to have a category of all the shows with English commentary instead of it being random.