VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Not sure if this still needs spoiler tags, but..

Spoiler

WHAT. A. SHIT. SHOW. Apparently, Lesnar and Vince got into a heated altercation backstage directly after the match, in gorilla. Sources say it didn't get physical, but it ended with Lesnar throwing the belt and leaving.

Even half-asleep, I noticed right away something was seriously fishy when they didn't have any pyro or long shots of Lesnar holding the title on the ramp, like they do with the outro every single year. I guess they ended up setting off said pyro after the announcement that show was over and people were leaving.

I just rewatched the match and you can tell Lesnar is not into it at all. He keeps looking into the crowd like "I fucking knew this is how this would go".

Also, the commentary team completely no-sells every single thing, from the crowds reaction (or lack thereof) to the ridiculous amount of blood coming out of Roman's head.

Poor Vince sure got what was coming to him with this.

UPDATE: Keeps getting weirder.

http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/brock-lesnar-resigns-wwe-roman-reigns-greatest-royal-rumble

Guess they're finally going to do it where it just may actually get the desired response. Barf. Vince really is a genius guys!

Edited by erikness

5 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Oh yeah another random though: Aiden English looks so much better with his haircut holy shit.  Almost looked like Cesaro at times haha.

My favorite part is that he shaved it post-battle royal and pre-US title match. He came out, and I was like "Wait, didn't he have hair like 2 hours ago?"

12 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

My favorite part is that he shaved it post-battle royal and pre-US title match. He came out, and I was like "Wait, didn't he have hair like 2 hours ago?"

Hahaha yes!  I didn’t watch any of the pre-show on Sunday (had no idea any of those matches were going to be going on then), so I went back and watched them last night and had the same thought when I saw him in the battle royal.

Raw was pretty awesome.  Quite a few great surprises.  Kind of sucks though because I don’t have cable so I watch the hour and half version of Raw on Hulu and they completely cut out Ember Moon’s debut/match.  Had to hear about it when Angle name dropped her when he was on the phone with whoever.  Looked it up on YouTube after instead.  Just kind of strange that something that seemed like quite a big deal was left out.

Other than missing that, really excited about all of the debut’s and returns.  Won’t get to watch Smackdown until tomorrow, but I’m really excited to see how that went.  Also can’t wait for NXT.  Probably gonna knock that out tomorrow also.

^^^
Where I was sitting at Wrestlemania, it was directly behind where you see them do the introductions in that row of alternative languages commentators (Japanese, Italian, Hindi, etc) after an hour into the show. We were above a tunnel that WWE crew and talent would come out of to go to the stadium floor. All the NXT guys walked by (Velveteen Dream, Adam Cole, EC3, etc) and people would shout at them. Ember Moon walked by and she was gorgeous in real life. I just stared, lol. Didn't want to be a dick and catcall but I couldn't think of anything interesting to say/yell. 

My favorite part of the superstar shakeup were the NXT call-ups for sure.

Pumped to see what they have in store for Almas on Smackdown.  Became a big fan of his after seeing his matches with Gargano.  Also hope there are good things in store for the Authors of Pain on Raw.  Sadly though, I kind of have mixed feelings about Sanity being called up.  I’m going to miss seeing them on NXT every week.  Not to mention Killian Dain has become a favorite of mine and I can’t help but think he won’t get the recognition he deserves on “the big show.”

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t watched any NJPW in what feels like a while now.  Any essential shows I missed (that are on the streaming service)?  I kept seeing a bunch of “Road to Dontaku” stuff pop up on Facebook but I don’t remember seeing anything come up on the stream, so I assumed they weren’t really necessary to watch.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:35 AM, FiggyPud said:

I haven’t watched any NJPW in what feels like a while now.  Any essential shows I missed (that are on the streaming service)?  I kept seeing a bunch of “Road to Dontaku” stuff pop up on Facebook but I don’t remember seeing anything come up on the stream, so I assumed they weren’t really necessary to watch.

Definitely watch all the title matches and the Bullet Club singles matches (think some were on the Road To shows but most of those happened at Hinokuni and Dontaku). Especially the IWGP Jr. and IWGP Hv. matches were incredible and the Dominion card is so promising, it could become the greatest fucking wrestling event of all time.

On a sidenote, the Best of the Super Juniors tourney starts next weekend and the line-up is stacked.

4 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Definitely watch all the title matches and the Bullet Club singles matches (think some were on the Road To shows but most of those happened at Hinokuni and Dontaku). Especially the IWGP Jr. and IWGP Hv. matches were incredible and the Dominion card is so promising, it could become the greatest fucking wrestling event of all time.

On a sidenote, the Best of the Super Juniors tourney starts next weekend and the line-up is stacked.

I saw that Dontaku is up on the stream now so I gotta watch that.  7 hours of wrestling will be a lot to take on though but I’m excited.  Thanks!

Goddamn there isn’t enough time in the day to keep up with WWE and NJPW.

26 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

I saw that Dontaku is up on the stream now so I gotta watch that.  7 hours of wrestling will be a lot to take on though but I’m excited.  Thanks!

Goddamn there isn’t enough time in the day to keep up with WWE and NJPW.

I often watch both shows at the same time and switch from one show to another whenever one feels more important. NJPW's first half is usually just a bunch of multi tag matches (which are usually decent, always fun (and sometimes pretty good) but they're not necessarily must-see, especially when you're out of time) and the majority of WWE's product has little to no meaning or consequences (the past week had 10 hours of WWE content and you can count the must-see matches on one hand - well, excluding NXT since the whole episode was great and usually is)

Edited by Breezus

1 minute ago, Breezus said:

I often watch both shows at the same time and switch from one show to another whenever one feels more important. NJPW's first half is usually just a bunch of multi tag matches (which are usually decent, always fun (and sometimes pretty good) but they're not necessarily must-see, especially when you're out of time) and the majority of WWE's product has little to no meaning or consequences (the past week had 10 hours of WWE content and you can count the must-see matches on one hand - well, excluding NXT since the whole episode was great and usually is)

Oh yeah for sure.  NXT is just so good.  I look forward to it every week.  I love Raw and Smackdown too but it’s a lot of the same at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dantheriver said:

I struggle keeping up with these NJPW tourneys but I saw a handful of dope matches in the BOSJ. Hyped about the winner. So fucking pumped for Dominion this weekend!

I’m feeling the same way.  So far I think I’m only about finished with the 2nd night.  Not sure if I want to watch the rest of it or not.  Every singles match is top notch though so I’d hate to miss out on something real good.

And oh shit I didn’t realize Dominion was this weekend!  Yessss.  

On 6/5/2018 at 3:04 AM, FiggyPud said:

I’m feeling the same way.  So far I think I’m only about finished with the 2nd night.  Not sure if I want to watch the rest of it or not.  Every singles match is top notch though so I’d hate to miss out on something real good.

And oh shit I didn’t realize Dominion was this weekend!  Yessss.  

It's a lot but it's totally worth it. BOSJ reached G1 levels of high quality match-ups this year. There's some gems like Ishimori-Ospreay, Flip-Ospreay, Flip-ACH, KUSHIDA-Scurll and all of Hiromu's matches. Also, SHO and YOH had great showings (their solo future is bright) and even Tiger Mask hasn't looked this good in a while.

Absolutely watch the finals btw. It's legit one of the  greatest matches I've ever seen, up there with Okada-Omega I (and maybe even II) and I'm not exaggerating. It's my personal MOTY (well, until this Saturday, that is). Bummed that I'm not gonna be able to watch Dominion live but I'm hyped nonetheless. That card is unbelievable.

3 hours ago, Breezus said:

It's a lot but it's totally worth it. BOSJ reached G1 levels of high quality match-ups this year. There's some gems like Ishimori-Ospreay, Flip-Ospreay, Flip-ACH, KUSHIDA-Scurll and all of Hiromu's matches. Also, SHO and YOH had great showings (their solo future is bright) and even Tiger Mask hasn't looked this good in a while.

Absolutely watch the finals btw. It's legit one of the  greatest matches I've ever seen, up there with Okada-Omega I (and maybe even II) and I'm not exaggerating. It's my personal MOTY (well, until this Saturday, that is). Bummed that I'm not gonna be able to watch Dominion live but I'm hyped nonetheless. That card is unbelievable.

My main problem is finding the time lol.  But I’ll for sure do my best to catch all the singles matches I can.

Also, I know almost all

of us here are a little too old to be shopping at Hot Topic, but in case you guys didn’t know, they sell quite a few really awesome NJPW shirts.

Over the last couple months I’ve gotten:

- Newest “American Nightmare” Cody shirt

- Kenny Omega “8-bit” Bullet Club shirt

- Golden Lovers shirt

- Los Ingobernables shirt

- Villain Club shirt

- NJPW lion logo shirt

Just a heads up for anyone interested.  Here’s a link if you’re too embarrassed to go into the store: https://www.hottopic.com/search?q=Njpw

3 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Also, I know almost all

of us here are a little too old to be shopping at Hot Topic, but in case you guys didn’t know, they sell quite a few really awesome NJPW shirts.

Over the last couple months I’ve gotten:

- Newest “American Nightmare” Cody shirt

- Kenny Omega “8-bit” Bullet Club shirt

- Golden Lovers shirt

- Los Ingobernables shirt

- Villain Club shirt

- NJPW lion logo shirt

Just a heads up for anyone interested.  Here’s a link if you’re too embarrassed to go into the store: https://www.hottopic.com/search?q=Njpw

I’ve snagged a few when they’ve run their store wide shirt sales, I think I got 3 for $30 last time.  

The G1 special in LA card has been taking shape and I think we should get G1 block contestants announced soon. I’m so pumped for g1 season, especially after Dominion!