VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I know it's been mentioned previously, but if you're not listening to this podcast, you're missing out. It's some of the smartest, most informed, hilarious WWE Golden Era wrestling talk ever. Seriously, go check it out:

http://www.mlwradio.com/something-to-wrestle-with-bruce-prichard.html

10 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

I know it's been mentioned previously, but if you're not listening to this podcast, you're missing out. It's some of the smartest, most informed, hilarious WWE Golden Era wrestling talk ever. Seriously, go check it out:

http://www.mlwradio.com/something-to-wrestle-with-bruce-prichard.html

Second this recommendation!

Also, to piggyback - I wasn't ever much of a WCW guy, but 83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff and Conrad Thompson is a really informative. 

As well,  Tights and Fights is a fantastic weekly listen and the episodes stick around 45 minutes so it isn't a daunting task to keep up - http://www.maximumfun.org/shows/tights-and-fights

On 9/6/2018 at 9:56 AM, kcblackrob said:

Second this recommendation!

Also, to piggyback - I wasn't ever much of a WCW guy, but 83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff and Conrad Thompson is a really informative. 

As well,  Tights and Fights is a fantastic weekly listen and the episodes stick around 45 minutes so it isn't a daunting task to keep up - http://www.maximumfun.org/shows/tights-and-fights

83 Weeks is great too. Bischoff isn't as entertaining as Bruce but I have a fondness for all that stuff too so I agree.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 2:43 PM, KingTacoMunster said:

always forget there is a wrestling thread here. All In was amazing. kinda funny scurll messed up the time and didn't give a crap about it.

A bit late but I finally finished watching All In last night.  Such an amazing show.

Although I’m confused as to what you meant by “messed up the time.”  I read this comment before even watching his match so I was looking for something out of the ordinary and didn’t notice anything.

33 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

A bit late but I finally finished watching All In last night.  Such an amazing show.

Although I’m confused as to what you meant by “messed up the time.”  I read this comment before even watching his match so I was looking for something out of the ordinary and didn’t notice anything.

If you noticed the last match was super short which in turned probably made it that good but the bucks said something like they had 4 secs to finish it before the feed died. And it was because scurll took a long shower or something and then they disregarded the signals to wrap it up and they kept going. It was an article I read somewhere..i think they said that’s why he didn’t come out to address the crowd with the other after it ended because of the heat he got 

Edited by KingTacoMunster

16 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

If you noticed the last match was super short which in turned probably made it that good but the bucks said something like they had 4 secs to finish it before the feed died. And it was because scurll took a long shower or something and then they disregarded the signals to wrap it up and they kept going. It was an article I read somewhere..i think they said that’s why he didn’t come out to address the crowd with the other after it ended because of the heat he got 

Hahahaha, god I love that guy.

I didn’t notice it was short actually.  I guess compared to

the previous matches it was, but it wasn’t anything noticeable on my end.  Really enjoyed it regardless.

7 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Hahahaha, god I love that guy.

I didn’t notice it was short actually.  I guess compared to

the previous matches it was, but it wasn’t anything noticeable on my end.  Really enjoyed it regardless.

Yea was super good 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ Yeah, I hear that. I liked watching it with my kid. I don't watch Raw or SD so I don't know if this is a thing, but they had mid-match promos like 80's episodes of Superstars where the heels would be cocky and the faces would be noble. That was really funny, but kind of out of place on a PPV.

Edited by somethingvinyl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/7/2019 at 1:13 PM, FiggyPud said:

Rumors going around right now that Kenny Omega will be leaving NJPW and signing with either WWE or AEW.  Apparently WWE has offered him a shit ton of money.  Pretty exciting and terrifying at the same time.

I can imagine he’s joining AEW and probably still working with NJPW. Apparently The Bucks and Cody were offered huge money and creative control had they signed with WWE which is unheard of these days. It was such a strong deal that The Bucks were offered as part of the deal that they could terminate their deals within 6 months if they didn’t enjoy it. Hangman Page was apparently offered a 6 figure sum and was immediately going to be placed in the NXT title picture. Mad that they turned down those deals but very much looking forward to AEW.

8 hours ago, mcpaddolive said:

I can imagine he’s joining AEW and probably still working with NJPW. Apparently The Bucks and Cody were offered huge money and creative control had they signed with WWE which is unheard of these days. It was such a strong deal that The Bucks were offered as part of the deal that they could terminate their deals within 6 months if they didn’t enjoy it. Hangman Page was apparently offered a 6 figure sum and was immediately going to be placed in the NXT title picture. Mad that they turned down those deals but very much looking forward to AEW.

All of that sounds amazing.  But yeah regardless, I’m looking forward to AEW also.  How/when can we start watching that?

11 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

All of that sounds amazing.  But yeah regardless, I’m looking forward to AEW also.  How/when can we start watching that?

I’m imagining Double or Nothing will probably be on Fite TV like All In was. Then again with The Khans backing it, I’m sure they have enough time to secure a television deal for the PPV. It’s getting the talent together which is the issue. WWE didn’t let go of anyone cause of the news that AEW was starting up. Also as far as I’m aware besides The Bucks, Hangman and Cody, no one has been signed to exclusive deals, Janela and MJF are still going to be working for MLW and Janela has been told he can keep running his yearly event, same for Jericho and his cruise. PAC/Neville is also working for Dragon Gate/Indies.

It’s just an exciting time to be a wrestling fan

22 minutes ago, mcpaddolive said:

I’m imagining Double or Nothing will probably be on Fite TV like All In was. Then again with The Khans backing it, I’m sure they have enough time to secure a television deal for the PPV. It’s getting the talent together which is the issue. WWE didn’t let go of anyone cause of the news that AEW was starting up. Also as far as I’m aware besides The Bucks, Hangman and Cody, no one has been signed to exclusive deals, Janela and MJF are still going to be working for MLW and Janela has been told he can keep running his yearly event, same for Jericho and his cruise. PAC/Neville is also working for Dragon Gate/Indies.

It’s just an exciting time to be a wrestling fan

Damn.  Was hoping there was some kind of app I could use.  I don’t have cable or anything to watch it on any channel.

9 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Damn.  Was hoping there was some kind of app I could use.  I don’t have cable or anything to watch it on any channel.

I believe FiteTV is an app. I haven't used it personally, but I'm pretty sure it's a combat sports streaming app with live programming,

Glad to see this thread get revived a little bit. Very excited for AEW. NXT UK TakeOver was incredible, NXT continues to be fantastic. WWE claims to be entering a new era. The indies have more attention than ever. It's great. Wish I had time to keep up with everything. I'm limiting myself to watching NXT and NXT UK now, with AEW to be included. Haven't watched a Progress, ROH, or Evolve show in a long time unfortunately; I used to be a regular viewer. Just follow those on social media/dirt sheets now...

35 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

I believe FiteTV is an app. I haven't used it personally, but I'm pretty sure it's a combat sports streaming app with live programming,

Glad to see this thread get revived a little bit. Very excited for AEW. NXT UK TakeOver was incredible, NXT continues to be fantastic. WWE claims to be entering a new era. The indies have more attention than ever. It's great. Wish I had time to keep up with everything. I'm limiting myself to watching NXT and NXT UK now, with AEW to be included. Haven't watched a Progress, ROH, or Evolve show in a long time unfortunately; I used to be a regular viewer. Just follow those on social media/dirt sheets now...

I wouldn’t exactly say the New Era has been exciting at all. Last night’s Raw was tragic for all the NXT call ups, I mean what was the point in the Heavy Machinery segment with Bliss. Speaking of Bliss they clearly did her topless segment for ratings. On the plus side Balor is getting a push, pretty much looks like Mania will be Lesnar vs Rollins. I’m also cool with Lashley being IC Champion but it does hurt the momentum that Ambrose has been getting as a heel. Honestly though the best things to watch about Raw at the minute is Mcintrye, Rollins, Balor and this mini push The Revival have been getting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I’d throw my predictions for the Rumble tonight.

Men’s - Rollins

Woman’s - Charlotte

Universal - Lesnar

WWE Champ - Byran

US - Rusev

Raw Woman’s - Rousey

Smackdown Woman’s - Asuka

Smackdown Tag - Miz & Shane

Cruiserweight - Buddy

Not too many changes tonight, can see Becky being thrown in the Rumble, can’t imagine she’ll win but I can imagine between now and Mania she’s somehow getting in the match between Charlotte and Rousey