VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

So besides from taking the new ECW route. NXT should just become it’s own thing, the 3rd brand. There’s so many guys from the main roster as well who are in need of some tv time who could be put into NXT.  They really need to look at the bigger picture of guys who could really use a gimmick change or haven’t been a success on the main roster, let them reinvent themselves down in NXT. People like Bobby Roode, Tyler Breeze and Sanity could really benefit from taking the step back.

14 hours ago, Rip said:

Takeover was unreal.  15/10 stars.  Once again, good luck Wrestlemania.

Haven't gotten to watch the main event yet (though I had it spoiled for me by accident via a podcast I listened to this morning from WrestleMania radio row), but the rest of the event was awesome.

How weird was that dude attacking Bret Hart during the WWEHOF last night?

37 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

Haven't gotten to watch the main event yet (though I had it spoiled for me by accident via a podcast I listened to this morning from WrestleMania radio row), but the rest of the event was awesome.

How weird was that dude attacking Bret Hart during the WWEHOF last night?

Oh man you're in for such a treat.  Either that match or Dunne/Walter is MOTY contender so far for me.

And I didn't see it as it happened(didn't watch the HOF ceremony) but I saw plenty of videos after.  Crazy stuff indeed.

Probably the best Wrestlemania in recent memory.  Couldn’t believe some of the wins we got.

But GODDAMN they need to learn to trim things down.  I feel like they need to keep (at least) Wrestlemania a “titles matches only” PPV.  Because although Miz/Shane and HHH/Batista were surprisingly really great matches, 5 and a half hours is way too long.  Not only for the audience in attendance, which are pretty much dead by the time the main even comes around, but for myself watching at home.  Especially when I gotta get up for work at 6 the following morning.  If you’re gonna have a PPV go past midnight, at least make it on a Saturday.

Only real complaint though.  Had a blast watching and it definitely left me excited for this coming year.

Edited by Rip

Great Mania, definitely my favorite overall in a long time. It's absolutely too long though.

WWE really went after appeasing the Internet fans last night. Seth, Becky, AJ, Finn, and KOFI KINGSTON. Kofi's win is probably my favorite "WM moment" since Daniel Bryan's win, which isn't surprising given the parallels in the stories. Awesome to see the IIconics win last night. Didn't really care for Ryder/Hawkins going over on The Revival though. That felt pretty goofy, kinda marginalizes the tag titles, if Hawkins can lose 269 matches in a row then get lucky. Idk. I also felt really bad for Kurt. No one cared about his last match cuz it was against Baron Corbin. It really seemed like they just went through the motions. Kurt hit all of his spots, went for one last moonsault, then did the job. I laughed when he pretty much no sold the pin and quickly got up to grab a mic. He's a legend, he deserved a better send off. Batista/HHH and Miz/Shane didn't disappoint, even though I expected them to. Doctor of Thuganomics Cena was INCREDIBLE. The only thing I wasn't hot on was the botched(?) finish to the women's main event. Ronda clearly has a shoulder up during the 3 count. Really glad Becky went over on Ronda though. Ronda can GTFO at this point. Great Mania overall, truly.

I was genuinely surprised by the Kofi vs. Bryan match. I loved their Elimination Chamber one-on-one encounter and this match did not disappoint. I was surprised they put the belt on him, actually. Everything they did felt like they rehashed the Bryan story line (talking about his years with the company, calling him a B+ player, making it seem like the authority was holding Kofi back, etc). But they did it. I hope they can work a program together with Daniel getting rematches. It was probably the best match on the show and certainly my favorite. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

^ Nope. I downloaded Fite app finally and I'm watching all the Starrcast content from last year's event. I watched all the Youtube shows about Double or Nothing.  Looks like a great show.

I mean, if it’s any indication of what their weekly product might be, I have no idea how I’m going to go back to Raw or Smackdown after.

8 hours ago, Rip said:

I mean, if it’s any indication of what their weekly product might be, I have no idea how I’m going to go back to Raw or Smackdown after.

As a kid with no cable in the 80's or 90's (we had a big satellite dish), I only watched syndication shows with occasionally getting to see Prime Time Wrestling or Raw live when on holiday breaks from school. During the late 90's, I watched WCW almost exclusively live (or VCR recorded it to watch the next day). I watched both in college but at that point in 1999/2000/2001 my friends and I never missed Raw. I think the only reason I really stopped watching was, again, having no cable. But by my mid 20's, it became boring. I don't know if it really was or if I was too old to be entertained by it. I would try to catch the big shows on PPV in my late 20's and early 30's, but it was pretty rare. The WWE Network has really helped pull me back in. But still, I'll rewatch their documentaries and original content before I sit through a whole episode of Raw/SD.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching AEWDON and wow... All I can say is I can't wait for them to be on TV. Most of the moves that were performed probably can't be done in WWE. A lot of piledrivers and moves that involved the head hitting first. Amazing stuff. I don't think I can watch WWE after this show. Although the Bray Wyatt Pee-wees playhouse character is pretty great. And the fact they brought the "hardcore" title back is a step in the right direction for some good entertainment. 

I wish I could get into wrestling like when I was a kid. But all of us being "smart" now sort of makes dirt sheets and inside stuff the most entertaining part of wrestling, which is sad, because we're supposed to be entertained by the action in the right not behind the curtain. 

35 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

I wish I could get into wrestling like when I was a kid. But all of us being "smart" now sort of makes dirt sheets and inside stuff the most entertaining part of wrestling, which is sad, because we're supposed to be entertained by the action in the right not behind the curtain. 

It would help if the actual entertainment was entertaining.

AEW needs to start right now. I really don’t know how much more Raw and Smackdown I can watch.  Something needs to change so very soon.

NXT and NXT UK will always have my heart though.  Doesn’t get much better.

Edited by Rip

5 hours ago, erikness said:

Anyone going to All Out??

My girlfriend struck out earlier, so I just overpaid on stubhub! Who cares?? We already had our hotel booked and I'm NOT missing this!! 🤩

Section 118, Row 15. I can't wait!

All In was awesome last year. A buddy of mine got a suite and we all bought into it, and I had a rad time. Food and beer was suuuuuper-expensive and underwhelming, though, so pre-game beforehand.