VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not watching much, but I did reup my WWE Network subscription so I could watch NXT and Survivor Series. I don't really care about the shows now, but Undertaker was on the new Stone Cold podcast type show and that was fucking great. It's the longest non-kayfabe thing I have ever seen him Undertaker do. I hope they do a big DVD release with him eventually. 

10 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

I'm not watching much, but I did reup my WWE Network subscription so I could watch NXT and Survivor Series. I don't really care about the shows now, but Undertaker was on the new Stone Cold podcast type show and that was fucking great. It's the longest non-kayfabe thing I have ever seen him Undertaker do. I hope they do a big DVD release with him eventually. 

The most recent NXT: Wargames was incredible.  Survivor Series was pretty damn good also.  They definitely made the right choice in including NXT. 

But yeah.  NXT, NXT UK, and PPV’s are the only reasons I have the network.  Wish I had time to watch some of the specials and other exclusives things they do but I don’t.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:50 AM, Rip said:

The most recent NXT: Wargames was incredible.  Survivor Series was pretty damn good also.  They definitely made the right choice in including NXT. 

But yeah.  NXT, NXT UK, and PPV’s are the only reasons I have the network.  Wish I had time to watch some of the specials and other exclusives things they do but I don’t.

If you got time to sit through them long ass shows, you could skim those and watch the network specials ;) LOL

1 hour ago, somethingvinyl said:

If you got time to sit through them long ass shows, you could skim those and watch the network specials ;) LOL

Too much other non-wrestling related things to watch/do haha.  Wish I had the time too though.  Have you tried watching any AEW yet?  It’s been pretty damn great so far.  Every episode should be up on Hulu at this point.  Definitely worth checking out if you have the time.

• 1 month later...

This thread is dead. Nobody watching wrasslin anymore in this boom period??

I haven't watched any WWE in probably 6-7 months (Raw, SD, NXT, PPV, nothing), but AEW has been so awesome. Actually looking forward to watching wrestling every week again. We're even getting the go-home edition of Dynamite here in KC next month right before the PPV. Got awesome tickets and I'm more excited about this show than any other wrestling show I've been to (and we went to All Out last year).

Stuff like Beyond, Game Changer,  MLW, Black-Label Pro, etc. have all been pretty solid to check in with when I'm in the mood for indie stuff. A ton of good to great regulars in all those promotions. Haven't watched NWA Powerrrrrrrr, but I hear that's a pretty good one too!

2 hours ago, erikness said:

This thread is dead. Nobody watching wrasslin anymore in this boom period??

I haven't watched any WWE in probably 6-7 months (Raw, SD, NXT, PPV, nothing), but AEW has been so awesome. Actually looking forward to watching wrestling every week again. We're even getting the go-home edition of Dynamite here in KC next month right before the PPV. Got awesome tickets and I'm more excited about this show than any other wrestling show I've been to (and we went to All Out last year).

Stuff like Beyond, Game Changer,  MLW, Black-Label Pro, etc. have all been pretty solid to check in with when I'm in the mood for indie stuff. A ton of good to great regulars in all those promotions. Haven't watched NWA Powerrrrrrrr, but I hear that's a pretty good one too!

Still watching NXT, NXT UK, and AEW every week!  Gave up on Raw and Smackdown because for one, it's just too much wrestling in a week.  And second, they just aren't very good.  You really should start watching NXT again man.  It's consistently so damn good.  And yeah, AEW is still just so great.  Really thinking about going when then come to Ohio in a couple weeks.

13 hours ago, Rip said:

Worlds Collide was amaaaazing.  Not a bad match in the bunch.

I gotta thoroughly enjoyed the Rumble though.  That “surprise” entrant in the men’s Rumble gave me goosebumps for daaaays. 

"...you think you know me"

Goose bumps for days. Literally, goose bumps as I type this.

• 1 month later...