VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I haven't watched main roster WWE programming regularly in years, but WrestleMania was pretty great, a lot of great wrestling. The announcing was abysmal, ESPECIALLY JBL. The lack of crowd was weird. I definitely didn't care for it, but I appreciate them continuing on with the show. Firefly Fun House match might've stolen the show for me. Edge/Orton, Taker/AJ, McIntyre winning, Braun beating Goldberg were all great. Hopefully that's the last we ever see of Goldberg. Charlotte/Rhea was a phenomenal match even if I didn't care for the finish. I forgot how much I enjoy Aleister Black as well. I wish he'd get a bigger push, but I think Vince probably doesn't know how to use him/want to use him. Overall, a really fun 2-night show. The 2-night part made it MUCH more palatable too. I hope they continue on with that in the future.

• 3 months later...

8 hours ago, Rip said:

I’m still not sure I understand what that is.  Is it a compilation of all his theme songs?  Cause that’s actually pretty awesome.

Yup, exactly what it is. Here's the description from Spacelab:

In conjunction with WWE, Spacelab9 are happy to announce the release of the TRIPLE H “THE EVOLUTION OF THE GAME” LP. For over three decades TRIPLE H has been recognized as one the all time greats within the pantheon of professional wrestling entertainment claiming over 20 championship titles and establishing himself as a premier marquee superstar of the WWE.

Throughout his illustrious career TRIPLE H has entered the ring accompanied by an assortment of memorable entrance themes, and now for the first time ever a collection of iconic, fan favorite themes have been compiled for the debut vinyl release of  TRIPLE H “THE EVOLUTION OF THE GAME” LP.

Included in this collection are  some of TRIPLE H’s most memorable entrance themes from long time WWE composer Jim Johnston as well as performances from heavy metal legends Motörhead, all three tracks appearing on vinyl for the first time ever. 

The deluxe vinyl edition of TRIPLE H “THE EVOLUTION OF THE GAME” LP is packaged in a full color gatefold jacket printed on gold foil laminate with spot matte UV with full color printed inner sleeve, a full color 18 x 24 poster and a digital download. TRIPLE H “THE EVOLUTION OF THE GAME” LP will also be released in three different limited edition exclusive color variants; Gold vinyl from the Official WWE Store, Silver vinyl available from FYE, and a Gold & Silver Splatter variant which will be available exclusively from Spacelab9. Quantities are limited and will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Pre-orders for the SL9 Exclusive Variant are expected to begin shipping September 21st.

• 1 year later...

I haven't consistently watched wrestling in a couple years now. I just follow stuff on Twitter mainly. The WWE product is completely uninteresting to me. The shake-ups with NXT lately have me scratching my head, and overall, even that show's storylines seem kind of boring. The rumors with AEW are intriguing. If Punk shows up, I'll definitely be watching.

2 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

I haven't consistently watched wrestling in a couple years now. I just follow stuff on Twitter mainly. The WWE product is completely uninteresting to me. The shake-ups with NXT lately have me scratching my head, and overall, even that show's storylines seem kind of boring. The rumors with AEW are intriguing. If Punk shows up, I'll definitely be watching.

I’ve exclusively watched AEW and NXT for the past year or so.  And I hate to say it, but I’m starting to get tired of NXT.  I don’t really care about much of what’s going on.  And it doesn’t help they’re releasing so many people lately.

AEW is pretty consistently good though.  I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve watched so far.

10 hours ago, Rip said:

And I hate to say it, but I’m starting to get tired of NXT.  I don’t really care about much of what’s going on.  And it doesn’t help they’re releasing so many people lately.

If the general rumors are true (that they're moving toward the classic WWE Land of the Giants model), it sounds like it might only get worse too.

AEW sounds like it's been solid lately. I was stoked to see Nick Gage pop up there when I was scrolling Twitter a few weeks ago.

Idk if you watch Dark Side of the Ring, but that show is super interesting and definitely worth your time.

6 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

If the general rumors are true (that they're moving toward the classic WWE Land of the Giants model), it sounds like it might only get worse too.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:04
/
Duration 0:15
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:11

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
  • Unknown, selected
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:12

AEW sounds like it's been solid lately. I was stoked to see Nick Gage pop up there when I was scrolling Twitter a few weeks ago.

Idk if you watch Dark Side of the Ring, but that show is super interesting and definitely worth your time.

I loved Dark Side of the Ring so much.  Haven’t heard of it got renewed for a 3rd season yet or not but I really hope it does.

3 hours ago, Rip said:

I loved Dark Side of the Ring so much.  Haven’t heard of it got renewed for a 3rd season yet or not but I really hope it does.

They're halfway through season three now! The second half starts in September. Definitely worth the watch (Pillman, Gage, Dynamite Kid included).

Do you have a favorite episode so far? I thought the Herb Abrams one was wild. I didn't know much about him/that promotion prior to seeing the DSOTR episode.

2 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

They're halfway through season three now! The second half starts in September. Definitely worth the watch (Pillman, Gage, Dynamite Kid included).

Do you have a favorite episode so far? I thought the Herb Abrams one was wild. I didn't know much about him/that promotion prior to seeing the DSOTR episode.

Oh damn you’re right!  I’m actually caught up then haha.  Favorite episode of all-time though has gotta be the New Jack one.  I don’t think that’ll be topped.

AEW: Rampage is a pretty big deal tonight.  They have pretty much all but confirmed that CM Punk will be showing up.  It’s in Chicago and they’ve been doing teases for the past few weeks.  Darby Allen saying he can beat anyone, even if they claim they’re the “best in the world.”  

And 2 weeks ago, Kenny Omega was wearing a Cookie Monster shirt (which Punk has jokingly said before that’s what the CM stands for).  And last week Omega was wearing a Chick Magnet shirt (again, another CM reference).  So yeah.  

Basically if he doesn’t show up at this point, there’s gonna be riots and that building will burn to the ground.

Tickets are still available for Rampage, and I've half-considered just jumping in my car and driving to Chicago. I saw CM Punk's fake last match (MITB 2011) in person, his real last match (Royal Rumble 2014) in person and his first UFC fight in person. I feel like I should be there for this too.

2 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Tickets are still available for Rampage, and I've half-considered just jumping in my car and driving to Chicago. I saw CM Punk's fake last match (MITB 2011) in person, his real last match (Royal Rumble 2014) in person and his first UFC fight in person. I feel like I should be there for this too.

Do it.

• 3 weeks later...

All Out was that first wrestling PPV I watched in quite some time, and I loved it. Seeing Punk in the ring again was incredible. The surprises didn't miss; the women's battle royale was fun; the main event was fantastic; and the tag team match was wild. It was just everything you'd want from a wrestling event.

• 3 weeks later...