VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I forgot about this thread!

Wrestling is cool again thanks to AEW.

Went to All Out a few weeks ago (best live entertainment event I've ever been to, which covers a lot of ground) and going to Dynamite when they come to Kansas City in November. Was planning on going to Rampage/Full Gear when that was in St. Louis, but they moved it to Minneapolis.

8 hours ago, Rip said:

I’m stoked for Jungle Boy vs. Cole this week.  Should be a hell of a match

I think this will most likely end up being Jungle Jack's best match to date. He's one of the guys all these top guys are coming in wanting to work with, so I'm sure the next year or so will be a game changer for him. And obviously Adam Cole is awesome.

1 hour ago, erikness said:

Oof, I've only seen the clip of Finn flopping around like a fish.

I hope we get to see "Prince Devitt is All Elite" someday.

Brother might need to go back to Japan where hopefully less people have paid attention to WWE absolutely ruining his image. I’ve definitely seen people say they wouldn’t even want him in AEW at this point. They’ve made him look like such a dweeb.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

Brother might need to go back to Japan where hopefully less people have paid attention to WWE absolutely ruining his image. I’ve definitely seen people say they wouldn’t even want him in AEW at this point. They’ve made him look like such a dweeb.

Such a shame because his last NXT run was so, sooo good.

• 1 month later...

Holy smokes, this PPV tonight is going to be an all timer.

ynwwigykccz71.jpg

Omega vs Hangman
Prediction: Hangman 100%

Baker vs Conti
Prediction: Baker 100%

Danielson vs Miro
Prediction: Miro

Inner Circle vs ATT
Prediction: Inner Circle

Lucha Bros vs FTR
Prediction: Lucha Bros

Darby vs MJF
Prediction: Darby

Punk vs Kingston
Prediction: Punk

Christian/Jurassic Express vs Superkliq
Prediction: (flip a coin) Superkliq

Cody/Pac vs Black/Andrade
Prediction: (flip a coin) Black/Andrade

Shida/Rosa vs Hayter/Nyla
Prediction: Shida/Rosa

Edited by erikness

2 hours ago, erikness said:

Holy smokes, this PPV tonight is going to be an all timer.

ynwwigykccz71.jpg

Omega vs Hangman
Prediction: Hangman 100%

Baker vs Conti
Prediction: Baker 100%

Danielson vs Miro
Prediction: Miro

Inner Circle vs ATT
Prediction: Inner Circle

Lucha Bros vs FTR
Prediction: Lucha Bros

Darby vs MJF
Prediction: Darby

Punk vs Kingston
Prediction: Punk

Christian/Jurassic Express vs Superkliq
Prediction: (flip a coin) Superkliq

Cody/Pac vs Black/Andrade
Prediction: (flip a coin) Black/Andrade

Shida/Rosa vs Hayter/Nyla
Prediction: Shida/Rosa

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t be mad about Punk’s first loss being to Eddie.  Would elevate him like no other.  I’ll be happy with either outcome though.

Other than that, you and me are pretty much on the same page.  I’m so damn excited.

13 minutes ago, Rip said:

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t be mad about Punk’s first loss being to Eddie.  Would elevate him like no other.  I’ll be happy with either outcome though.

Other than that, you and me are pretty much on the same page.  I’m so damn excited.

The thing about this card is that I would be cool with either result for almost every match. If Kenny wins we riot though.

I have a feeling the ending of the show will be one of the most emotional moments in wrestling (at least American wrestling) in a long long time and absolutely historic for AEW. 🤠

3 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Great PPV last night. My top three matches:

1. Darby/MJF

2. Punk/Kingston

3. Page/Omega

CM Punk is my favorite wrestler of all time, and I wish he would've lost last night. Eddie Kingston is a force of nature.

Same.  Eddie really needs to win one of his big feuds.  Hope his shoulder injury isn’t something serious.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 11:36 PM, Rip said:

You gotta get on the AEW train man 👀

i watch aew all the time. i dont watch wwe anymore just the rumble and mania (except for last year). i did watch nxt before all these releases/free agents etc. 

also fkn jimmy rave.  that sucks. ;/

14 minutes ago, Santa Bateman said:

i watch aew all the time. i dont watch wwe anymore just the rumble and mania (except for last year). i did watch nxt before all these releases/free agents etc. 

also fkn jimmy rave.  that sucks. ;/

Oh nice!  Super stoked for Winter is Coming tomorrow night.  And I’m pretty sure my cousin got tickets for him and I to the Cleveland episode of Dynamie/Rampage next month so I’m pretty excited

Edited by Rip

1 hour ago, Rip said:

Oh nice!  Super stoked for Winter is Coming tomorrow night.  And I’m pretty sure my cousin got tickets for him and I to the  Cleveland episode of Dynamie/Rampage next month so I’m pretty excited

I got Dynamite tickets for Cleveland too! Section 110 I think.

27 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

I got Dynamite tickets for Cleveland too! Section 110 I think.

Oh shit!  Ours are 107!  So there’ll be one section in between us it looks like haha.  Although he also got us tickets for section 8, which appear to be floor seats.  Couldn’t decide if we wanted to do that or not.  It’d be cool to be so close but I’d rather be on risers if possible.

Gonna do more research and he said he’d just sell whatever tickets we end up not using.

• 5 weeks later...

Last Tuesday a new Johnny Gargano shirt went up on ProWrestlingTee’s website and it’s a timed edition that ends the day before AEW is in Cleveland (January 26th).  

Could be something, could be coincidence.  Either way I’m gonna be there and I can’t wait.

Edited by Rip

• 2 weeks later...