VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

I was at the last Dynamite in Cleveland two years ago in the same venue, and the crowd was exponentially bigger this time. Love seeing AEW's organic growth. Hell of a show, too!

Hell yeah!  Such a great time.  The opening match and main event in particular we craaaazy.  And it was a bucket list thing of mine to see Punk live at least once.  Even if it wasn’t a match.

Moxley also are his entrance and exit right by us so that was sweet too.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rip said:

AEW Revolution is tonight!  Kinda pissed they’re going back to Sunday PPV’s cause there’s absolutely no way I can stay up for the whole thing.  Only gonna be able to watch until about 10:00est then just stay off the internet until I get off of work the next day I guess.

I actually think I'm gonna try and tune in tonight. The card looks stacked, and the Punk/MJF angle from this week was amazing.

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 7:10 PM, erikness said:

CM Punk vs Hangman in a week

Owen Hart Tournament coming to a close

Sasha and Naomi walked out of WWE

Wardlow might be getting "War Pigs" as theme music

Lots of other stuff going on!

FORBIDDEN DOOR IN A MONTH!!

Super stoked for Double or Nothing this weekend though.  Should be insane.

32 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

I absolutely cannot fucking wait for CM Punk to become champion this Sunday.

Dude same.  I love Hangman, but his reign since the Danielson feud has been incredibly lackluster.  I mean… the guy consistently puts on great matches, so it’s nothing against him there.  But he just hasn’t FELT like the champion.  Super excited to see the matches that Punk has as champ.  And then even more excited for MJF to eventually take it from him.

• 5 weeks later...

Complete match card for Forbidden Door.  Holy fuck.

- AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada vs. Adam Cole vs. "Hangman" Adam Page
- AEW Women's Championship: Thunder Rosa vs. Toni Storm
- AEW All-Atlantic Championship: PAC vs. Miro vs. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Malakai Black
- IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Championship: Will Ospreay vs. Orange Cassidy
- ROH & IWGP Tag Team Championship: FTR vs. United Empire vs. Roppongi Vice
- Zach Sabre Jr. vs. ??? (newest Blackpool Combat Club member)
- Bullett Club (Young Bucks, El Phantasmo, Hikuleo) vs. Dudes with Attitudes (Sting, Darby Allin, Shingo Takagi, Hiromu Takahashi)
- Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara, Minor Suzuki vs. Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta, Shota Umino
- Gunn Club & Max Caster vs. NJPW Dojo (Buy-In)

Who do you wanna see take on ZSJ? I'm hoping for CSRO personally, but a Chris Hero return to wrestling could be fun here. I've heard Gargano possibly too, and while I really enjoy Gargano, I don't think he would fit in BCC.

Card is stacked. Just wish guys like Punk, Bryan, Omega, etc. were included too. Injuries suck.

9 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Who do you wanna see take on ZSJ? I'm hoping for CSRO personally, but a Chris Hero return to wrestling could be fun here. I've heard Gargano possibly too, and while I really enjoy Gargano, I don't think he would fit in BCC.

Card is stacked. Just wish guys like Punk, Bryan, Omega, etc. were included too. Injuries suck.

Ishii is injured now too.  Gonna be replaced by Clark Connors in the All Atlantic title match.  Seriously what the fuck is going on with all of these injuries lately?  It’s getting out of hand.  I think this PPV is just cursed.

And I definitely hope it’ll be CSRO.  Personally, he’s the only one that makes sense.  I’d love to see Gargano, but I can’t picture him in Blood & Guts.  If anything, hopefully he debuts in Cleveland in August.

Edited by Rip

15 hours ago, Rip said:

Ishii is injured now too.  Gonna be replaced by Clark Connors in the All Atlantic title match.  Seriously what the fuck is going on with all of these injuries lately?  It’s getting out of hand.  I think this PPV is just cursed.

And I definitely hope it’ll be CSRO.  Personally, he’s the only one that makes sense.  I’d love to see Gargano, but I can’t picture him in Blood & Guts.  If anything, hopefully he debuts in Cleveland in August.

Just bought tickets for Dynamite in Cleveland in August so I'm also hoping he shows up then! It's the go-home show for All Out, though, so I dunno if that's the best time to debut someone...

6 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Just bought tickets for Dynamite in Cleveland in August so I'm also hoping he shows up then! It's the go-home show for All Out, though, so I dunno if that's the best time to debut someone...

Man my cousin just got tickets to that show too.  Of course it’s the first one I probably can’t/shouldn’t go to cause the birth of my kid will only be a couple weeks away.

Overall a really enjoyable PPV.  There were definitely some questionable moments though and the very ending should’ve went a different way, but the matches were great and there were some pretty big “holy shit” moments too.

Biggest upset was the fatal 4-way for the IWGP title.  Mainly because I don’t think it should’ve been a fatal 4-way.  It didn’t seem like anyone really got a moment to shine.  It should’ve been Switchblade/Hangman for the IWGP title and then Okada/Cole for a #1 contender spot for the title.  Yeah Switchblade and Okada would end up winning, but at least everyone could see what they could do.  Felt like a complete waste of Okada if I’m being honest.  This was probably a lot of people’s first time seeing Okada, and I hate to say it, if it was MY first time seeing him, I wouldn’t have been that impressed.

Edited by Rip

• 6 months later...

This thread kinda died off, huh?

Anyway, I run a Royal Rumble pool every year. $25 buy-in gets you two male and two female numbers selected at random (one between 1-15, one between 16-30). Winner take all, each Rumble winner pays out $150. I have a few spots left in my final pool, PM me if you're interested.

• 7 months later...