VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Again Ry, you got a great gif.

I thuoght last night was a pretty good show. It had a late 90's feel to it. Clay was great. The lady and I couldnt stop laughing at how great it was. Hawkins freaking out when Clay started gyrating was classic. Also was Hawkins holding a cane or something in his hand? Is he doing the same thing as the Conn. Blueblood that HHH did at first?

Orton is going to be back for the rumble (and will probably win it). He tweeted today that he's on the way to the Bahamas with his family. If his inuries were as bad as the WWE reported then he wouldn't be able to sit on the plane for that trip.

Looks like a possiblity of more re-hash writting from WWE creative. Surprise superstar comes back and wins the Rumble.

Orton is going to be back for the rumble (and will probably win it). He tweeted today that he's on the way to the Bahamas with his family. If his inuries were as bad as the WWE reported then he wouldn't be able to sit on the plane for that trip.

Looks like a possiblity of more re-hash writting from WWE creative. Surprise superstar comes back and wins the Rumble.

I hope not, the "surprise im back" entry winning is happening way to often. It was cool the first time, the second time it was eh and now its just overplayed.

i'd be interested to see Orton/Bryan (assuming Bryan makes the heel turn that has been hinted at) at Wrestlemania for the title. i'm just afraid that Orton will win the belt if that were to occur. However, i'd like to see someone else win the Rumble. i thought people were expecting either Jericho or Ziggler to win it and take on Punk at Mania. Whichever way it goes, i am looking forward to the Rumble; probably my favorite event of the year.

I always enjoyed the rumble being used to start someones main-event run. Orton winning does nothing to solidify him as a to tier talent. Having someone like Barrett, Ziggler, or hell, Funkasaurous win would be a huge push to making them a top star.

Also, concerning next week, how am I supposed to believe that Ryder will beat Swagger dominantly when Punk could only won by a ref's mistake? It took 10 minutes for Punk to win and I dont see the match next week getting that long.

last year i was supposed to go to the rumble.

then we botched the ticket purchase.

then i was supposed to get drunk with all my friends and watch it.

instead, i got drunk in the afternoon and slept through 8/9 of the show.

it was the worst royal rumble ever.

Yeah, i agree, Smackdown was mediocre last night. i don't like this Bryan/Show feud too much. They can't really put together a great match together. Like the match from last night was about 40 chair shots, Big Show slapping D. Bryan around, and then a bump to the girlfriend to finish it. i can't even really remember what else happened. Except Funkasaurus. He rules.

Oh, and i don't know why Ryder doesn't have his belt with him. That annoys me, though. Last night, too, D. Bryan didn't have his belt in the backstage segments. Wear the belt; you won it. Be proud!

Yes he did. It was I really horrible writting. The match didn't actually finish. Show ran over AJ and then the show finished with her being taken out on a stretcher. I hate what they're doing with Bryan. I understand that it's all for a heel turn, but it's horrible. You have a heel in the title picture with Henry (who I'm warming up to). Why make Bryan turn? Easy solution just eliminate Show from the title picture. He's the definition of dinosaur and his matches are boring as shit. He has three moves. Oh look at that he slapped someone in the chest and it knocked them over!

Boring!

TNA is so much more entertaining than WWE these days. Give it another chance. Hell the main event next week on Impact is a Knockouts Steel Cage match. TNA does tag teams and women wrestling so well. Two areas WWE just completely fall on their faces in.

Yeah, Jericho's jacket rules. i loved when he shut the lights off and turned on the lights on his jacket. Raw was decent last night, but i missed part of it. From what i read, R-Truth was pretty funny last night; i'll have to look up his segment.

On a side note, why did WWE have Swagger win the US Title and then get killed by Cena? Don't they have a ton of other guys who never get TV time who could have done the job? i know the belts don't mean anything, but, man, way to make a mid-card (and former World) champion look weak.

I thought that the Swagger Cena angle made sense. It shows that Kane is getting to Cena a bit with the "embrace hate" thing as he just went overboard on the attack, and it happens to Swagger as he took advantage of his friend Ryder. Cena is all about loyality, and felt that he needed to stand up for Zack and just got carried away letting his anger out. Kills two birds with one stone.

Who watched Raw last night? Just me?

i am really interested in what Jericho will do at the Rumble. The video montage and the promise that it "will be the end of the World as you know it" really piqued my interest.

Other than that, i am curious as to what they are doing with Ryder. And Cena is definitely showing his heelish side lately.

Seemed like the episode was more of a storyline-focused one than a wrestling-centered episode, which is ok. i am excited for the Rumble, anyways. One of my favorite events.

right before ziggler showed up to take down punk i was sitting there saying "wow, i cannot believe this is the lead-in to your second biggest show of the year"

not that ziggler changed everything, but it helped.

the show was decent..but nothing happened.

kane hobbled around for 20 pointless minutes when we could have gotten the very same results in the ring.

did anyone else wish jerichos highlight reel was just there to showcase the last 3 weeks?

broudus managed to botch tear-away pants before giving us an even shorter match. dont get me wrong, ill take any excuse to call my momma, but i wanna see what the dudes actually got to offer in a match. (props to heath slaters post-botch reaction)

hey everyone! excited to start the raw after royal rumble with an appearance from good ol' Mr. H's??

Yeah, i can definitely do without the Board of Directors shenaniganry, especially given the fact that we saw a bunch of that crap this summer. i am warming up to Johnny Ace, too. And Coffee Mug Otunga. Just pick a figurehead/ authority figure and stick with him/her.

I cant imagine that they will ditch Johnny Ace, he is starting to come into his own as the GM and getting a good reaction from the crowd. Switching to someone else now will just be overkill on the whole angle.

Kane match was brutal. I hate long squashes. Kane could have done that in 3 minutes, not 20. Also loved Eve asking her boyfriend if he is ok when he is on a stretcher and not moving.