VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Who's planning to watch the Rumble this weekend? Below is the card, with my guesses in bold.

1 30-Man Royal Rumble Match Chris Jericho

2 CM Punk © vs. Dolph Ziggler CM Punk

3 John Cena vs. Kane John Cena

4 Daniel Bryan © vs. Mark Henry vs. Big Show Daniel Bryan

i'd guess they'd add one more match, but i can't really think of who it would be. Maybe a tag match?

Oh, and i am interested to see who shows up for the Rumble, especially since they are really stressing that "every" Superstar is eligible.

im really, really hoping for the funkasaurus to win the rumble. seems far fetched, given that he hasnt done anything but cross-body and dance so far.. but wouldnt it make sense for a dude that size to win? (yeah i know that logic gets lost in wwe, otherwise kane show and taker would have all the victories)

im expecting jericho to do something outlandish, but not win the rumble. OR im expecting jericho to do nothing at all! nothing at all! nothing at all!

Scott, i hadn't thought of Johnny Ace; it's definitely an interesting idea. As for Jericho, some people are expecting him to come out in the late 20s and just high five the fans the whole time and let everyone else battle it out until he runs it to make the last elimination. i've also heard speculation that the Rock might show up in the Rumble; i don't know why he would need to, as he's already headlining. Any way it goes, though, i am really pumped for the Rumble.

The Rock won't be in the rumble

The 90s wrestling fan in me would like to see Punk drop the title to Ziggler then Punk come out and win the Rumble.

That way Punk can feud with Johnny title free for a bit and build that into his feud with Ziggler for the match at Mania.

i'm quite sure the Rock won't be in it, either. Just repeating a theory i had read somewhere else and how it ties into "every superstar is eligible."

Anyone else get together with friends and gamble on the rumble? We have a buy in of a certain ammount, then we pick numbers out of a hat and whoever picks the winning number takes the pot. Its a simple way to make the Rumble that much more exciting, when else are you going to root for someone like David Otunga?

Anyone else get together with friends and gamble on the rumble? We have a buy in of a certain ammount, then we pick numbers out of a hat and whoever picks the winning number takes the pot. Its a simple way to make the Rumble that much more exciting, when else are you going to root for someone like David Otunga?

I love this, and think we should do it on VC! Who else is with me?

The Rock won't be in the rumble

The 90s wrestling fan in me would like to see Punk drop the title to Ziggler then Punk come out and win the Rumble.

That way Punk can feud with Johnny title free for a bit and build that into his feud with Ziggler for the match at Mania.

i'm quite sure the Rock won't be in it, either. Just repeating a theory i had read somewhere else and how it ties into "every superstar is eligible."

Hacksaw was supposed to appear at an indie wrestling event on Sunday but has had his name removed from the card. I really hope creative is planning for Hacksaw to appear at the Rumble in a non-wrestling role. But I really wouldn't put it past them to put him in the rumble seeing as it's the 25th anniverary and he won the first one.

Let's hope no one over the age of 40 comes back. The old guys need to just let it go and stop wrestling.

Nash returning as Deisel last year was great. Dyed hair and outfit was great to see on him again for one night only. Id rather see someone like that then wasting a spot on Dereck Bateman.

I love this, and think we should do it on VC! Who else is with me?

I'm in.

Okay, I can't coordinate this because the paying of pals nailed me last time when we were doing fantasy football and I almost had my account deleted. But if someone else wants to step up, I'm all for it.

Hypothetically speaking, we could each send five hundred pennies electronically to one person on here to, say, help them out with their laundry or cover their half of a pizza or as an early birthday present or as a reimbursement for gas. Then whoever is the recipient of these generous personal contributions divides the number 30 by the amount of people who helped him get back on his feet, then randomly assigns each person their allocation of numbers.

Totally hypothetically speaking, of course.

EXAMPLES

-if six people threw in, we'd each get five different slots

-if four people threw in, we'd each get seven different slots, with two slots going empty.

-if 12 people threw in, we'd each get two different slots, with six slots going empty.

Does that make sense?

Id be down with organizing it, but we cant have open slots cause luck would have it, one of those numbers would end up being the winner. I think it would be a small enough number throwing in a small enough ammount that it wouldnt go noticed if it was just seen as a gift for birthday or paying back for the concert last night.

And if anyone thinks that someone might try to run off with the gift, really isnt worth sullying a reputation on here and getting called out for it and having to stop posting.

Let's hope no one over the age of 40 comes back. The old guys need to just let it go and stop wrestling.

Nash returning as Deisel last year was great. Dyed hair and outfit was great to see on him again for one night only. Id rather see someone like that then wasting a spot on Dereck Bateman.

But we didn't have to see hom for one night only. We had to deal with months of horrible promos and him hobbling down to the ring.

But I can see where you're coming from. Give the fans a couple minutes of an older guy coming back rather than some jobber from Superstars that you know is getting eliminated before the next guy comes to the ring.

Id be down with organizing it, but we cant have open slots cause luck would have it, one of those numbers would end up being the winner. I think it would be a small enough number throwing in a small enough ammount that it wouldnt go noticed if it was just seen as a gift for birthday or paying back for the concert last night.

And if anyone thinks that someone might try to run off with the gift, really isnt worth sullying a reputation on here and getting called out for it and having to stop posting.

Well, if we have 2, 3, 5, 6 or 10 people participate, there won't be any extra numbers. I think we can get five or six folks onboard, for sure—you're #1, I'm #2.

But we didn't have to see hom for one night only. We had to deal with months of horrible promos and him hobbling down to the ring.

But I can see where you're coming from. Give the fans a couple minutes of an older guy coming back rather than some jobber from Superstars that you know is getting eliminated before the next guy comes to the ring.

They usually only have them do the one night only thing, Nash and Booker T are really the only exceptions I can think of that stuck around. Recently we have had Tatanka, RVD, Jimmy Snuka, Hacksaw, and Piper. It is a great place to have the nostaligia pop and not taking a spot on a ppv match.

@scott, I think Kevin said they were in too. 5 or 6 people would be awesome, ten would be sweet!

They usually only have them do the one night only thing, Nash and Booker T are really the only exceptions I can think of that stuck around. Recently we have had Tatanka, RVD, Jimmy Snuka, Hacksaw, and Piper. It is a great place to have the nostaligia pop and not taking a spot on a ppv match.

@scott, I think Kevin said they were in too. 5 or 6 people would be awesome, ten would be sweet!

Kevin is in. Get 2-3 more! How much are we putting on this? I'd be willing to put down 10-20.