VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

That shit has been going on for decades though, it is nothing new. People need to rewatch the Attitude Era now that it is on the network, it is not as amazing as everyone remembers. For every great segment there were two terrible matches and promos. Bitching online wont change it, thats the nature of the business.

and that makes it okay?

the writing staff is lazy, and there's no excuse for it. these are such simple fixes, and all it takes is bringing a couple guys on board with a little imagination.

I dont get his hate of roll ups for finishes. His favorite wrestler had a finishing move of the small package in the indies for years, yet now he hates them? Yes the nonstop non championship match losses are terrible, but the distractions, count outs due to interference, and roll ups have always been there, always help move a feud along, or to not spoil a match that could be saved for later. Yes you could have Ambrose vs Rollins on Raw not end in a bad finish, but then it wont make the ppv match worth getting if you know you will get it for free on Raw.

and that makes it okay?

the writing staff is lazy, and there's no excuse for it. these are such simple fixes, and all it takes is bringing a couple guys on board with a little imagination.

WWE could hire fans and they would have a better product than majority of the drivel Stephanie and Vince give the ok

too late. call it a spoiler all you want, i won't believe it til it happens for real. and then when it does, well i wouldn't have been all that surprised anyway.

I dont get his hate of roll ups for finishes. His favorite wrestler had a finishing move of the small package in the indies for years, yet now he hates them? Yes the nonstop non championship match losses are terrible, but the distractions, count outs due to interference, and roll ups have always been there, always help move a feud along, or to not spoil a match that could be saved for later. Yes you could have Ambrose vs Rollins on Raw not end in a bad finish, but then it wont make the ppv match worth getting if you know you will get it for free on Raw.

he doesn't hate the roll-up. he hates the way that it's most-often utilized by such buffoonery on the part of the rollee. in most cases, it's someones recent rival appearing (or not) when their music hits, and them just standing in the ring, completely forgetting that they're in a wrestling match, and telling the audience that this wrestler hasn't learned a thing from the history of wrestling.

as for the writing team, i can't help but see a program that's written completely on the fly, with little-to-no longevity in their plans. they'll decide how to get from point a to point b, and maybe if we're lucky point c. but all the writing that needs to take place in between seems identical to the way i approached homework back in grade school-  waiting until the very last second to do something, if at all. in 7th grade, my teacher noticed that my backpack was a disaster, with nothing resembling organization. so she held me after class one day to help me sort it out. in the process, she found the same weekly assignment that i'd turned in on 3 separate occasions (each receiving a different grade).

"oh shit, we've got nothing for this uso/wyatt match tonight. should we just do what we did on smackdown-"

"but what we did on smackdown was the same thing we did on raw last week"

"and did those idiots notice then?"

"let's roll."

To be honest, I've never understood why they kept Vicky around after Eddie's death. Legitimate thought too, not trying to sound like a dick. I just always felt she was really annoying.

Late reply, but WWE offered her a lifetime contract after what happened to Eddie to attempt to soften the blow of her losing her husband, and make sure that her family is taken care of.  It was probably a situation where she just wanted to retire, plus she's also currently going to school and such and probably wants to shift her focus on that.  She's made her money, she probably just wants to take it easy now.  Rumor has it that Jerry Lawler was also offered one after the heart attack.

On the main event now. Can't wait for Enzo to cut some more promos.

Not really sold on Bull Dempsey. I won't make too many judgements yet, but his ring work was really boring tonight.

That Becky Lynch gimmick was awful. She looked good in the ring, but the whole Irish jig thing really threw me off.

Vaudevillians were A+.

On the main event now. Can't wait for Enzo to cut some more promos.

Not really sold on Bull Dempsey. I won't make too many judgements yet, but his ring work was really boring tonight.

That Becky Lynch gimmick was awful. She looked good in the ring, but the whole Irish jig thing really threw me off.

Vaudevillians were A+.

yeah it looks like Lynch has talent but the gimmick has to go. something about Bull Dempsey makes me laugh and his entrance music is the best.

Vaudevillians for president 

Didn't even realize this thread was here. Real glad I found it, though.

Anyone into any of the indies? I've been dying to talk about the last ROH PPV with some folks.

A few of us watched the ROH PPV. Really only WWE gets a lot of discussion in here but every now and then a small tangent for an indie gets started. I try and keep up with what's going on in ROH, Chikara, PWG and watch some NJPW matches here and there. Oh and every now and then if I'm really bored on a Thursday night I watch TNA.

A few of us watched the ROH PPV. Really only WWE gets a lot of discussion in here but every now and then a small tangent for an indie gets started. I try and keep up with what's going on in ROH, Chikara, PWG and watch some NJPW matches here and there. Oh and every now and then if I'm really bored on a Thursday night I watch TNA.

Yeah, man, there's too much great talent out there.  It is a pain in the ass to keep up.  The ROH pay-per-view was spectacular, though.  They're saying that once Kevin Steen's contract is up over there, he's going to WWE Developmental.  There's a guy at ROH now who goes by the name ACH and if WWE knew what was good for them, they'd lock him down, quick.

I seem to see a lot of NXT posts, which is cool.  Neville is still the champ, right? 

Yeah, man, there's too much great talent out there. It is a pain in the ass to keep up. The ROH pay-per-view was spectacular, though. They're saying that once Kevin Steen's contract is up over there, he's going to WWE Developmental. There's a guy at ROH now who goes by the name ACH and if WWE knew what was good for them, they'd lock him down, quick.

I seem to see a lot of NXT posts, which is cool. Neville is still the champ, right?

If all the rumblings are true and KENTA, Devitt and Steen all go into developmental in the coming months then NXT is about to get real interesting.

Yeah, man, there's too much great talent out there.  It is a pain in the ass to keep up.  The ROH pay-per-view was spectacular, though.  They're saying that once Kevin Steen's contract is up over there, he's going to WWE Developmental.  There's a guy at ROH now who goes by the name ACH and if WWE knew what was good for them, they'd lock him down, quick.

I seem to see a lot of NXT posts, which is cool.  Neville is still the champ, right? 

Wait now. Are you a member of this wrestling theme song cover band? Where can I hear this?

If all the rumblings are true and KENTA, Devitt and Steen all go into developmental in the coming months then NXT is about to get real interesting.

I'm so pumped for all three of those guys (especially Devitt) to make to NXT. The end of the summer is going to be nuts.