VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Wait now. Are you a member of this wrestling theme song cover band? Where can I hear this?

I'm so pumped for all three of those guys (especially Devitt) to make to NXT. The end of the summer is going to be nuts.

I am, actually.  Here's a video of us playing like 45 seconds of Jericho's theme.  Video is pretty shit quality.

this weekend is amazing. party in my backyard tonight. fireworks party at a friend's tomorrow. hosting money in the bank on sunday. going to raw on monday. i don't even care if cena wins.

Man, NXT's commentary was insufferable this week. And i think Becky Lynch needs to drop the dancing.

I agree on both counts. It is like someone told the announce team to just make up fake facts about people if they run out of things to say. Then they just overdid it. It was pretty unbearable. Regal should be doing commentary every week.

Does anyone else find themselves watching NXT more than Raw/Smackdown each week? I like not seeing tons of recaps all episode from what happened earlier in the night. That said, I cannot wait for MITB.

Man, NXT's commentary was insufferable this week. And i think Becky Lynch needs to drop the dancing.

I agree on both counts. It is like someone told the announce team to just make up fake facts about people if they run out of things to say. Then they just overdid it. It was pretty unbearable. Regal should be doing commentary every week.

Does anyone else find themselves watching NXT more than Raw/Smackdown each week? I like not seeing tons of recaps all episode from what happened earlier in the night. That said, I cannot wait for MITB.

Alex Riley on commentary is terrible. I don't like how he goes back and forth between being a heel and face. The made-up facts thing was funny to an extent, but it was WAY overdone. Also, NXT is currently the only show that I consistently watch every week. I never watch Smackdown and I haven't been able to catch Raw every week either.

Alex Riley on commentary is terrible. I don't like how he goes back and forth between being a heel and face. The made-up facts thing was funny to an extent, but it was WAY overdone. Also, NXT is currently the only show that I consistently watch every week. I never watch Smackdown and I haven't been able to catch Raw every week either.

Yeah, Alex Riley just kind of sucks all around.  I have seen people rave online about Renee Young's commentary but I don't really get it.

Yeah, Alex Riley just kind of sucks all around.  I have seen people rave online about Renee Young's commentary but I don't really get it.

She can be pretty good when she's not gushing over a wrestler's body, but I wouldn't say she's amazing. With improvement, she could definitely do a better job than Michael Cole. Goddamn, I hate Michael Cole. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if she was to land a commentary job on SD/Raw, wouldn't she be the first female commentator?

yeah I just usually catch the RAW highlights the next morning and don't even bother with Smackdown - but I never miss a minute of NXT, it's really the best thing the company has going right now.

Posting my predictions:

Big E

Summer Rae

Goldust and Stardust

Paige (Funkadactyls split up following the match or tomorrow on Raw)

Seth Rollins wins the contract

The Usos retain

John Cena wins the title

Interested to hear what you all think, as well.

I am picking:

Rusev (unfortunately)

Summer Rae

Goldust and Stardust

Paige (with the same split mentioned above)

Rollins

Wyatt Family as new tag champs

Cena defeats Vacant to become new world champ

I am hoping the WWE throws a few curve balls in there though.  I was just thinking, wouldn't a NXT Money in the Bank match on Thursday be great?  I was thinking it could have:

Sami Zayn

Tyler Breeze (he could say he wants the MITB in addition to being #1 contender)

Big Cass

Tyson Kidd

Kalisto (gotta add some more high-flyers into the mix)

Mojo Rawley

Maybe a WWE guy who could join NXT for a bit like a Heath Slater

I dunno, I would think that could be awesome.  I doubt they will do it but a guy can dream.

Every bit of me knows that Cena is going to win but I just hope it doesn't happen.

Same here, I wanted to write Bray Wyatt in my predictions but I just don't believe in it happening.  Even if he were to win, I feel it would be a transitional champ so I would rather them wait if that was the case.