VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

The only time you'll ever see CM Punk and Falling in Reverse in the same headline.

Seriously, what a bad group of bands. Good grab for Scott, though, getting CM Punk.

Everyone was so excited for Reigns to get the push, and now everyone sees they are turning him into Cena II. It is going to blow up in their face. Every top star has been different from Hogan to HBK to SCSA to Rock to Cena. All different characters, jsut having Reigns be a copy of Cena is not interesting and will alienate the fans he has already.

And the non stop overcoming the odds. Yeah, Id say him resorting to stupid comedy in his first episode on his own after the split shows that they are going to push him the same as Cena. They gave him the Shield theme, the outfit, the catchphrase, because they dont think he can get himself over on his own like Amrbose and Rollins can. They give him the underdog overcoming the odds like Cena stuff, the terrible comedy like Cena, and lets not forget that they stuck him with Ambrose and Rollins originally because those two had so much experience and talent that they could hide how green he was.  Reigns has the look, but doesnt have the talent to be a top guy yet, so they are just forcing it.

well they are forcing it a little bit because the guy who they recently put all their push behind may never wrestle again 

if Reigns would have won the belt at MITB I would tend to agree a little bit more, but he's not going to realistically win the belt till WM31 which is a good 8-9 months away

let's give the dude some time to develop still - he's not as great as Rollins or Ambrose but that's okay. I don't see Reigns being a Cena copy other than what a few have posted above about his moves which I am sure will get better with time. 

Which is the point I am making with Cena. People hate Cena because he is forced down our throats all the time. They are forcing Reigns the same way. It may be because of Bryan, but instead of forcing something to happen sooner, go with someone else that is already there and allow him to get there naturally. Orton is there, put Jericho there for a month, besides it would make more sense. The Authority didnt want Reigns in the MITB match so he sneaks his way in. The next PPV they put him in a 4 way themselves. Just have it be Cena vs Orton.

I'd also like to throw in the fact that, while a lot of people give Cena shit (myself included), that guy can flow on the mic. He cuts pretty damn good "Superman" promos. That, in my opinion, is easily Reigns' biggest area of weakness. He struggles a lot on the mic. Yeah, his move set seems pretty limited now, but it'll get better. If you're gonna come in here making claims that he's Cena 2.0, waitingaroundtodie, you're gonna need more ammo than ONE comedy segment, a limited move set, and overcoming odds/being forced on us. Reigns and Cena have totally different looks and gimmicks. Not to mention, damn near every champion overcomes odds. I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what Daniel Bryan's whole story was: being the underdog and overcoming the authority to take the belts. I didn't see a single person bitch about it then. Reigns and Cena are very different. Don't go giving this new up-and-comer a bad rep for virtually no substantial reason.

EDIT: I'd also like to make a mention that I'm not much of a Reigns fan. I'd prefer to watch Ambrose or Rollins in the ring over Reigns any day.

I really dig Roman. He is my least favorite out of the Shield but he is still in my top 5 of active wrestlers in the WWE. But I could see him becoming a main event clone. The majority of everyone who was ever the man in the WWE is a clone of Hogan. Cena is just the epitome of that. I just hope they let Roman devolop a wider moveset that's all.