VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Yeah she joined Emma.  They are basically going to be like they were on NXT. It wasn't a bad debut. I am more curious if they decide to push Big Cass as a singles guy. Apparently Vince(no shocker) and some other higher ups are big on him. I have my doubts if he could really succeed without Enzo especially at this point in his career. 

I don't get why they called up Dana Brooke already (even though the debut was well done, she and Emma are great together). She could've thrived in NXT's Women's Division, especially when Bayley gets the call-up in a few months. Not to mention that while she's improved quite a bit, she still needs to spend time there. Same goes for Apollo Crews who they don't even bother to put on RAW - a 3-hour show - anymore. However, I'm glad the Vaudevillains are doing well and are actually getting good heat.

And Cass needs Enzo as much as Enzo needs him. Putting him in the main event already makes zero sense. They probably think he's the next Edge or something.

3 hours ago, mmfood said:

Yall actually like him? He reminds me of a high school football player that sucks at what he does but he's there because he's big. Whenever he talks on camera it seems like he struggles. Idk, Xavier woods and those clowns he's with are lame too. 

Hmmmm you hate KO and The New Day. Who do you like?

3 hours ago, mmfood said:

Yall actually like him? He reminds me of a high school football player that sucks at what he does but he's there because he's big. Whenever he talks on camera it seems like he struggles. Idk, Xavier woods and those clowns he's with are lame too. 

I haven't agreed less with a post on this thread in a while. Damn.

8 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Wait, what? I missed Raw last night. They put Cass in the main event picture?

Oh nah, Jericho was supposed to face him in the main event for some reason but then a wild Dean appeared, mugged the shit out of Y2J and avenged Mitch. Cass was still a part of all that but it's still weird that they closed the show instead of Reigns/BC. Dude just got the call-up.

18 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Oh nah, Jericho was supposed to face him in the main event for some reason but then a wild Dean appeared, mugged the shit out of Y2J and avenged Mitch. Cass was still a part of all that but it's still weird that they closed the show instead of Reigns/BC. Dude just got the call-up.

Ah, alright. I was gonna say, damn, that's a big move for him.

The dirt sheets say Vince and and a few of the other big wigs love Cass. Apparently there is also talk of changing from Big Cass to only calling him by his full name because Big Cass is too close to Big E. Maybe this is all talk and they just had him on the show to keep him in the spotlight so people don't forget till Enzo comes back. This was also the first crowd in awhile that was really cheering for Roman and then lets go Roman, let's go AJ chants. I know this is a placeholder feud buts it's still awesome to see the Club getting major air time.

Apparently they released Sandow because they want to "freshen things up". I know it's dirt sheets but this makes zero sense, so it's probably true.

Ah yeah, and Lucha Underground was crazy again. Not too big on NXT at the moment though. I hope Swagsuke shows up on the main roster sooner rather than later - I doubt he needs much time to adjust to the WWE since Sami Zayn said they didn't even touch before their instant classic despite never competing against each other in the indies.

6 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Wait, wait, wait. Really? I didn't know that. That's pretty incredible.

Yeah, he said that on Jericho's podcast. I still can't believe it, that match was basically flawless.

Btw these just showed up on my YouTube feed, this time it's EVOLVE.

Edited by Breezus

8 hours ago, Breezus said:

Yeah, he said that on Jericho's podcast. I still can't believe it, that match was basically flawless.

Btw these just showed up on my YouTube feed, this time it's EVOLVE.

I actually saw those matches in their entirety since I've been following Evolve lately. The coolest part is that all four men involved are stable mates (Gulak and Williams are the Evolve Tag Champs). Plenty of people have probably seen TJP (TJ Perkins fka Suicide/Manic in TNA) and Gulak is a staple in the US independent scene. Glad to see them both get some well deserved recognition.

Seeing WhatCulture list their Top 10 favorite WWE matches made me think of how my own ranking would look like. Would be cool if everyone shared some of their all-times favorites too.

1. Daniel Bryan's YEStleMania - WrestleMania XXX (cheating here since vs. HHH and vs. Batista/Orton go hand in hand)
  2. CM Punk vs. John Cena - MITB 2011
  3. Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - NXT Takeover: Dallas
  4. Randy Orton vs. Cactus Jack - Backlash 2004
  5. Rey Mysterio vs. John Cena - SmackDown! 2003 (unspectacular bout but it was the first match I ever saw and it got me hooked)
  6. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz - WrestleMania X-Seven
  7. Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania XX
  8. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - WrestleMania 26
  9. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks - NXT Takeover: Respect
  10. The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family - Elimination Chamber 2014

19 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Seeing WhatCulture list their Top 10 favorite WWE matches made me think of how my own ranking would look like. Would be cool if everyone shared some of their all-times favorites too.

1. Daniel Bryan's YEStleMania - WrestleMania XXX (cheating here since vs. HHH and vs. Batista/Orton go hand in hand)
  2. CM Punk vs. John Cena - MITB 2011
  3. Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - NXT Takeover: Dallas
  4. Randy Orton vs. Cactus Jack - Backlash 2004
  5. Rey Mysterio vs. John Cena - SmackDown! 2003 (unspectacular bout but it was the first match I ever saw and it got me hooked)
  6. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz - WrestleMania X-Seven
  7. Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania XX
  8. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - WrestleMania 26
  9. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks - NXT Takeover: Respect
  10. The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family - Elimination Chamber 2014

Great idea but this would be tough

Edited by Family Friendly Rap God

On 19 May 2016 at 10:52 PM, somethingvinyl said:

In my head I tried to do it, but it's so hard. There's sooooooo much wrestling. With 23 years of Raws, PPV's, and the 50+ of WWE, it's a pretty heavy task.

Yeah, I can agree with that. I made a rough list a while ago so it was easier to do a quick Top 10 ranking here. And I still feel guilty for not including some of my favorite guys like Jericho, RVD, Eddie, etc. or some Golden/Attitude era classics.

Bittersweet news regarding Cody's departure. He should've been World Champion when he went Undashing; that was some Mankind-level of greatness and they didn't do anything with it. Hell, even Stardust had potential, he played the lunatic better than Ambrose. I don't blame him at all for leaving and I also hope to see him in NJPW or LU in the near future.

Great statement from Rhodes. It was a shame to see them drop the ball with the Stardust character after him and Goldust split. They should've at least give it one more go as Cody Rhodes. I'm sure he'll tear up NJPW if he chose to do that. Would love to see him at an ROH show too. I just hope he never bothers with TNA or GFW.