VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

Solid momentum in the right direction last night, fingers crossed they don't back pedal on Raw.

Also, I was super happy to hear that the draft is taking place the week after the NXT show I'm going to.

Same here, I have to admit I was really nervous that the draft would be earlier that week and NXT would be heavily depleted.  That news made my day.

16 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

I'm glad you guys got lucky because I'm, as I'm sure we all are, hoping to see quite a few NXT wrestlers on that Smackdown episode. It's a smart move on their part to do it on that Smackdown though. That'll help get the viewers into the habit of tuning in each week.

I personally would rather them prove they can properly use the current talent on the main roster before they start bringing up people I love seeing on NXT.

15 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I personally would rather them prove they can properly use the current talent on the main roster before they start bringing up people I love seeing on NXT.

Definitely understandable. I'm just anxious to see the likes of Bayley, Finn, and Shinsuke get a main crowd pop when they walk out.

I was thinking it could be a work in order to postpone the triple threat match until Summerslam, but if it was a work, I would imagine they'd give him a fake injury or something instead of something as serious as a wellness policy violation. That's a pretty big character detriment considering WWE wants the kids to love him. This is obviously unfortunate for the company since Reigns has received such an enormous push, but Seth vs. Dean will certainly be a great feud until he returns. It might be even better without him.

I would rather see Seth/Ambrose anyway. I would have saved the triple threat for SummerSlam. But yeah this is a big blow to Vince more so than the company. His character really wasn't working and his match against Seth was weird because he felt like the heel and Seth felt more like a baby face trying to over come him. It's a weird time now and he should be back for SummerSlam.

So, Battleground is over 30 days away. Technically, he can still be in the main event. It will be interesting to see how they handle that. More importantly, it's going to be interesting to see how they handle him in the Draft in 29(?) days, considering he certainly would've been at least a top 10 pick. His suspension really couldn't have come at a worse time for WWE.

I heard they knew about it before MITB (that's why Rollins beat him cleanly) and still decided to put him in the title match because he'll be back by then. He just won't be part of the build up. Then again, that's vintage Reigns booking (just look at this year's Rumble, dude legit took a nap).

He better turn heel, I swear.

I dunno, I thought his feud with Styles was fantastic because it highlighted his strengths for once. And there's always magic when the former Shield brothers are in the same ring, so I was very much looking forward to this.

I think that's exactly what's going to happen lol. If Orton can get away with 3+ strikes, I'm pretty sure Reigns - the chosen one - won't get any more punishment than his clean loss at MITB. He'll probably get the title back sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Breezus said:

I dunno, I thought his feud with Styles was fantastic because it highlighted his strengths for once. And there's always magic when the former Shield brothers are in the same ring, so I was very much looking forward to this.

I think that's exactly what's going to happen lol. If Orton can get away with 3+ strikes, I'm pretty sure Reigns - the chosen one - won't get any more punishment than his clean loss at MITB. He'll probably get the title back sooner rather than later.

That makes me wanna PUKE.

Difference between Roman and Orton is that Orton was never being groomed to take over John Cena's spot. This could potentially hurt his career. I think now more then ever it's time to turn him heel. Also I still think the triple match should be at SummerSlam not at a throw away ppv. All they have left with those 3 guys is a triple threat and a reunion. You gotta save that stuff for the big shows. 

That's actually true. Cena never fucked up and that's why he's still their most valuable player. But I still think they won't do much about this, they seem hellbent on pushing him no matter what for some reason.

And I think the only reason they're doing the Shield Triple Threat at Battleground is because of the draft. This should happen at WrestleMania tbh but I'm not mad. Battleground is the first PPV after the draft so it's a more important B-PPV than the others this time because it marks the end of the current era in a way.

58 minutes ago, turbobrando said:

Heard this morning on ESPN that CM Punk's first fight has been confirmed at UFC 203 in Cleveland

I had been thinking about going to that event until I remembered how far Cleveland is from me. Slightly more tempted now but still not gonna make the 5 hour drive (plus UFC events are crazy expensive if you want relatively decent seats).

27 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I had been thinking about going to that event until I remembered how far Cleveland is from me. Slightly more tempted now but still not gonna make the 5 hour drive (plus UFC events are crazy expensive if you want relatively decent seats).

I think it'd be cool to go to if I were still in Ohio, but if they are way expensive, obviously that would be a determining factor. I just hope he does well in UFC so he can silence some of his critics

Yo, I have a favor to ask. They start filming the CWC tonight, and there's obviously gonna be spoilers. Personally, I wanna watch all the matches without knowing the outcome beforehand. All I ask is, that if you're gonna post about the CWC results before the episodes start airing next month, can you toss the spoiler box on it?

Example

We normally don't have any problems with people posting spoilers for NXT or anything like that. So, it'd be cool if we could have the same thing for the CWC. I'm really stoked for it.

Edited by TheWindBlower

– Prior to the Best of the Super Junior tournament, there was concern over Will Ospreay having nagging injury issues at the age of 23. According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, here is a breakdown of what Ospreay has been dealing with after four years in the wrestling business…

* He’s has two slipped discs in his back
* Seven concussions
* A shoulder that is prone to separation
* Two fractured heels
* Sciatica that is causing numbness in his foot

fuuuuuuuck