VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

8 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Another great CWC. Cedric and Ibushi was an instant classic. Show ended with a "Please sign Cedric" chant, and HHH coming out to shake Cedric's hand and flash a thumbs up to the crowd. Hopefully, they can work out a deal with Cedric for the cruiserweight division on Raw or even just NXT. The guy is a guaranteed star.

That match was unbelievable. Ibushi has this crazy ability to kick out riiiiiiight before the 3 count, very few can do that. He even made me believe Maluta was going to win in the first round. Cedric was outstanding and I'm so glad they gave him a massive push by having HHH come out at the end to immediately sign him.

Tajiri-Metalik was pretty good too. Can't wait to hopefully see Tajiri on SmackDown! or NXT soon. Next week's gonna be tough. Tozawa is badass but I love Gallagher to bits. I don't know who to root for.

On 8/11/2016 at 10:59 AM, Breezus said:

That match was unbelievable. Ibushi has this crazy ability to kick out riiiiiiight before the 3 count, very few can do that. He even made me believe Maluta was going to win in the first round. Cedric was outstanding and I'm so glad they gave him a massive push by having HHH come out at the end to immediately sign him.

Tajiri-Metalik was pretty good too. Can't wait to hopefully see Tajiri on SmackDown! or NXT soon. Next week's gonna be tough. Tozawa is badass but I love Gallagher to bits. I don't know who to root for.

Do you think that all the talk of Tajiri performing in the CWC as "once last waltz" was just to throw us off for once last return to the main roster?

45 minutes ago, xylem1 said:

Do you think that all the talk of Tajiri performing in the CWC as "once last waltz" was just to throw us off for once last return to the main roster?

Not sure about that. I'd assume that, at the time of filming, there was no deal worked out with Tajiri so they said it would be his last rodeo with WWE. However, with the new cruiserweight division on Raw and him being featured on an article as one of the top ten free agents, it's definitely possible that they're working hard to sign a deal with him. Idk if the commentary was thought-out enough to purposefully throw us off. That said, Tajiri and The Brian Kendrick would be welcome additions back to Raw, as would pretty much any guy in the CWC.

I'd be very surprised if both Tajiri and Kendrick won't show up on SmackDown! or RAW. I think it's pretty much a done deal.

On a sidenote, I just got to Day 17 of NJPW's G1 Climax and holy hell, Tanahashi and Okada had yet another MOTY candidate. Also, Ishii-Okada from Day 13 got a well-deserved five-star rating from Meltzer, so if anyone wants to see at least some of the G1 matches, definitely watch those two.

16 hours ago, Breezus said:

I'd be very surprised if both Tajiri and Kendrick won't show up on SmackDown! or RAW. I think it's pretty much a done deal.

On a sidenote, I just got to Day 17 of NJPW's G1 Climax and holy hell, Tanahashi and Okada had yet another MOTY candidate. Also, Ishii-Okada from Day 13 got a well-deserved five-star rating from Meltzer, so if anyone wants to see at least some of the G1 matches, definitely watch those two.

I watched Omega/Naito last night, it was pretty awesome.  I'm going to get into some of the other matches and the final pretty soon.

23 hours ago, dantheriver said:

I watched Omega/Naito last night, it was pretty awesome.  I'm going to get into some of the other matches and the final pretty soon.

With 'awesome' you mean fucking insane, right? Jesus Christ, what a match. The psychology and storytelling was unreal. Not to mention that both are the best heels in the company. And I just saw the finale and oh my GOD:

Omega hit Ibushi's Golden Star Powerbomb, Devitt's Bloody Sunday

and AJ's Styles Clash - however, his own One-Winged Angel ended Goto and made him the first Gaijin to win the G1 Climax. I couldn't be happier for the guy. He left the WWE ten years ago, made a name for himself in Japan and became a megastar. I'm very glad NJPW rewarded him with a historic win.

On a sidenote, if Gallows and Anderson win the tag belts and Balor and Styles win their respective top titles, the Bullet Club could soon rule the two biggest promotions in the world.

If Takeover Brooklyn II and SummerSlam deliver, this could very well be the greatest wrestling summer ever.

Edited by Breezus

So, they split the brands and start bringing back former superstars. I'm cool with that. But, in hindsight, the releases of Damien Sandow and Alex Riley seem REALLY unfortunate. I mean, I was really bummed with Sandow getting released to begin with, but I hadn't really thought about it until I saw the Curt Hawkins vignette today. If you're gonna bring back somebody like Hawkins, it's a damn shame that Sandow or Riley aren't coming back. I'm kinda bummed.

4 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

So, they split the brands and start bringing back former superstars. I'm cool with that. But, in hindsight, the releases of Damien Sandow and Alex Riley seem REALLY unfortunate. I mean, I was really bummed with Sandow getting released to begin with, but I hadn't really thought about it until I saw the Curt Hawkins vignette today. If you're gonna bring back somebody like Hawkins, it's a damn shame that Sandow or Riley aren't coming back. I'm kinda bummed.

Shit I walked across the street to grab some cold beerskis and missed the Hawkins vignette. He's been paying his dues in the indies(that he bypassed by signing a WWE dev deal at the start of his career), hopefully it translates to him being more than an enhancement talent now.

Sandow was definitely a weird release with how over he was consistently even with the garbage he was given to work with. Hopefully he helps TNA turn it around.

1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

Shit I walked across the street to grab some cold beerskis and missed the Hawkins vignette. He's been paying his dues in the indies(that he bypassed by signing a WWE dev deal at the start of his career), hopefully it translates to him being more than an enhancement talent now.

Sandow was definitely a weird release with how over he was consistently even with the garbage he was given to work with. Hopefully he helps TNA turn it around.

That's good to hear. I took a sabbatical from wrestling around the time Hawkins was doing his thing. I got back into it when he was a jobber then gone. I haven't seen him on the indies, but I'll take your word on that. Hopefully, he makes an impact, more than Jinder Mahal anyway.

I'm super bummed that Sandow Aron Rex is in TNA now. I was hoping he'd do the indie thing, maybe ROH or NJPW, idk, even EVOLVE. I can't pull myself to watch TNA. Same with Alex Riley. I feel like he could benefit from the indies and come back soon, but according to CageMatch, he hasn't wrestled since his release. Oh well.

Still don't get why they decided to bring back guys like Jinder Mahal out of all people. And if the plan was to split the brands anyway, why release capable talent like Sandow in the first place? Makes no sense.

Anyway, SmackDown! was awesome while RAW was meh ... for the third week in a row now. It's not even a contest at this point. RAW keeps getting bodied every single week. I fail to understand how they can't give Zayn something to do on one show while they can make Eva fucking Marie a must-see character on the other show.

Another great CWC tonight. Would've liked to see Gallagher take the victory, but otherwise, everything was great, as usual. Next week's show is going to fantastic with TJP vs. Gargano, Swann vs. Lince, and Gulak vs ZBJ. Wow.

NXT was mainly hype, but that was fine because there are so many great matches for Takeover. I'm very excited for that. Only thing I dislike is having Billie Kay, who has been on a roll, take on the debuting Ember Moon. Not too often you see someone lose in a hyped up debut, and I don't want a loss to stifle Kay's momentum. I'm a fan and I think that, with a little more work, she'll be great. She already has the look and has improved in the ring by a lot. Either way, I hope those two put on a good match.

Graves is the best. Him and Young Boy Tom are my favorite commentary team right after Bryan/Ranallo. NXT reminded me that it's a shame Eva Marie is on SD! because him gushing over her was hysterical.

On a sidenote, what about Itami? Just like Zayn, it seems odd neither seems to have a match at Takeover and SummerSlam, respectively.

Just finished NXT: Brooklyn. Great show from start to finish. Really enjoyed each match. The three title bouts were all fantastic. I was really surprised at how great The Revival competed with Gargano and Ciampa (who are now calling themselves DIY, right?). I haven't really enjoyed a Revival match, except when they competed with American Alpha. So, that was definitely a pleasant surprise even though I really was hoping DIY would come out on top. Also, seeing Shinsuke with the NXT belt at the end. Wow. That was phenomenal.

Summerslam now. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

I love The Revival but I never cheer for them. They are such brilliant heels, it's impossible to not boo them. And I think they actually had the MOTN against Gargano & Ciampa. There was some top-notch storytelling going on and I don't think they could've delivered a better match. I'm surprised that didn't go to Joe-Nakamura, which was a really good bout yet I felt like something was missing for it to be truly GREAT, I dunno. Same goes for Bayley-Asuka but I expected that since it was the same in Dallas. The rest of the card was very solid, from Ember Moon's impressive debut to Aries and Rooooooooooooo winning (those entrances though, holy shit).

Enjoyed the SummerSlam Kickoff but I'll watch the rest tomorrow morning since there's no way I'm gonna stay up for this until 5am. Have a good one, guys.

Edited by Breezus

Cena vs. AJ was a great match, even if it was mostly a spot-fest. With so many near falls, it was hard not to enjoy it, and I was pretty shocked to see Styles get the win. Otherwise, yeah, Summerslam was pretty lame. I was really disappointed to not see Apollo Crews take the IC title from Miz. Finn vs. Rollins was a solid match, though. I enjoyed that one a lot, but the Universal title is ugly as hell. I really dislike how WWE is using the same design for the new belts, a la UFC, with just a different strap color. As for Lesnar, his shtick is so played out. I legitimately do not care how many times he can suplex someone. I'd take a good wrestling match over that garbage any day. Overall, pretty disappointed with the six-hour long Summerslam.

When my friend told me Summerslam was all about the heels I instantly got upset. I would've been rip Shit if I paid money to attend this event and they call the last two matches. WWE turned into a hug fest since 2003.  They never called matches because of blood. They just need to get out of this pg Era, who gives a Shit about the kids? I grew up watching this in the 90s if you want a pg fighting show go watch power Rangers 

Styles-Cena was so good. That one and MITB might've been Cena's best matches ever. PG era or not, the ending of Brock-Orton was pretty disturbing, mainly because I didn't expect so much blood to pour out. I can't believe they let Brock legitimately smash Orton in the head like that cause that sure wasn't a blade job.

I'm glad I didn't stay up for this because while SummerSlam wasn't as good as it could've been, I didn't hate it nearly as much as anyone else who sat through the entire thing. Fuck those "fans" during Balor-Rollins though. Yeah, the UT is butt-ugly but to shit on the whole match like that and booing when Balor grabbed the title just because you hate the design was fucking disrespectful.

Edited by Breezus

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Dude needed 10 staples to close that, so yea, they needed to call that one. if it was your normal blade job, then I can understand it would be silly to call it.

Whatever Orton lost. Glad that's over with. He looked like a jobber during that match. My favorite part of the whole PPV was the F5 to Shane o Mac. 

Edited by mmfood