VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

3 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

the look on his face was priceless, but supposed that F5 was planned. and boy did Paul sell it though.

Shane was shaking his head after it happened which made me believe he wasn't supposed to do that. Oh well. I'm interested to see what happens with Reigns and Rusev

I didn't really notice the fans during Rollins. vs. Balor, but with all the backlash (no pun intended) today, it's a damn shame that they didn't get more hype for that match because it was maybe the second best of the night.

Anyway, looks like Balor is relinquishing the title tonight. What a damn shame. If he needs surgery and he's out for a while, I'm gonna be pretty bummed.

Three more great matches. Gulak vs. ZSJ was everything that I imagined it would be and more. The match started with such fantastic energy, and it never let up. Only thing I'm bummed about is Gargano losing to TJP, but whatever, good wrestling is good wrestling.

Also, two fun facts:

TJP is 31 years old. I was shocked by that. He looks way younger.

John Cena has never held the IC title.

Edited by TheWindBlower

On 23 August 2016 at 1:53 AM, dantheriver said:

This was hands down the best moment of Raw last night.

Lmao seriously. Seeing the whole arena chanting that was surreal.

But yeah, also loved the CWC this week. Three really good matches and I'm glad with the outcomes. It's crazy how this just keeps getting better and better. However, I used to have ZSJ as a lock for the finale but since he reportedly hasn't signed yet (and probably won't), I think both his and Ibushi's spots could be in jeopardy.

4 hours ago, xylem1 said:

Shhh! Don't give him any ideas!

Honestly, what Cena did with the US Title last time he held it was incredible. It made a floundering title very relevant, and it'd be cool to see him do the same thing with the IC belt, you know defend it every week and stuff. I know that I, and most other Internet fans, want a young guy to hold the belt, but Cena deserves to hold it at least once and go down as a Grand Slam Champion. Plus, the Miz blows. Idk why he's pushed so hard. He's a good heel, no doubt, but he's, in my opinion, a VERY boring wrestler.

30 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Honestly, what Cena did with the US Title last time he held it was incredible. It made a floundering title very relevant, and it'd be cool to see him do the same thing with the IC belt, you know defend it every week and stuff. I know that I, and most other Internet fans, want a young guy to hold the belt, but Cena deserves to hold it at least once and go down as a Grand Slam Champion. Plus, the Miz blows. Idk why he's pushed so hard. He's a good heel, no doubt, but he's, in my opinion, a VERY boring wrestler.

Watch out, he's gonna cut a shoot promo on you!

7 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Watch out, he's gonna cut a shoot promo on you!

Hahahah, I'm not taking anything away from him on the stick. That (maybe) shoot he did was great, minus the fact that he cut it on Daniel Bryan who is arguably one of the best wrestlers of this generation. Doing that, though, probably helped his heel stock. Either way, he can be as big of a company man as he wants, that doesn't make him an exciting wrestler.

29 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Hahahah, I'm not taking anything away from him on the stick. That (maybe) shoot he did was great, minus the fact that he cut it on Daniel Bryan who is arguably one of the best wrestlers of this generation. Doing that, though, probably helped his heel stock. Either way, he can be as big of a company man as he wants, that doesn't make him an exciting wrestler.

The Miz will always have my respect. He went from a drunk idiot on a reality show that liked to turn on a pro wrestler persona to a terrible host of the diva search to an alright pro wrestler who has been the World champ and married Maryse.  Living the fucking dream. I can never hate on him.

42 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

The Miz will always have my respect. He went from a drunk idiot on a reality show that liked to turn on a pro wrestler persona to a terrible host of the diva search to an alright pro wrestler who has been the World champ and married Maryse.  Living the fucking dream. I can never hate on him.

Very fair point, and that's probably part of the reason why WWE keeps him around.

So happy to see the belt on Owens! Even with the storied finish, it opens up so many possible fueds (Reigns vs. Rollins, Rollins vs. HHH etc.)

I'm looking foward to seeing how this Owens and HHH story is going to develop over the next few weeks, I wonder if they'll entwine the whole Jeri-KO plot in to it?

But please, WWE don't bring Zayn in to the fold JUST YET, we've seen them go at it so much recently and I think it'd be better if they left it until Wrestlemania until we see it again.

Edited by xylem1

2 hours ago, xylem1 said:

So happy to see the belt on Owens! Even with the storied finish, it opens up so many possible fueds (Reigns vs. Rollins, Rollins vs. HHH etc.)

I'm looking foward to seeing how this Owens and HHH story is going to develop over the next few weeks, I wonder if they'll entwine the whole Jeri-KO plot in to it?

But please, WWE don't bring Zayn in to the fold JUST YET, we've seen them go at it so much recently and I think it'd be better if they left it until Wrestlemania until we see it again.

I just love that Owens is HHH's new chosen one, it's such a perfect fit - not to mention that he deserves the spotlight. Adding Jericho to the mix would be pretty cool, too. And I can see Rollins slowly turning face in the process and after Ambrose got his revenge before the draft, there's no point in keeping him heel (especially since everyone wants to cheer him). I think they'll do an underdog story with Zayn, hopefully against Reigns if he wins the US Title.

Also, the CWC just keeps blowing my mind. Two absolutely fantastic matches. I don't think Kendrick has ever been better (not to mention him doing Neckbreakers on the ring post and a fucking Burning Hammer).

22 minutes ago, Breezus said:

I just love that Owens is HHH's new chosen one, it's such a perfect fit - not to mention that he deserves the spotlight. Adding Jericho to the mix would be pretty cool, too. And I can see Rollins slowly turning face in the process and after Ambrose got his revenge before the draft, there's no point in keeping him heel (especially since everyone wants to cheer him). I think they'll do an underdog story with Zayn, hopefully against Reigns if he wins the US Title.

Also, the CWC just keeps blowing my mind. Two absolutely fantastic matches. I don't think Kendrick has ever been better (not to mention him doing Neckbreakers on the ring post and a fucking Burning Hammer).

Too bad they didn't go with the shoot finish to that Kendrick match, would've been amazing to see Kendrick win the match and even go on to win the whole thing.

24 minutes ago, Breezus said:

I know Zayn screams out "Underdog story" but we've seen it so many times with so many other superstars that I reckon it might fall a little flat. The only way they could pull it off is if they really shit on Zayn for a long time before they pulled the trigger on the angle.

That burning hammer was an OMG moment for sure, I couldn't believe it, it was awesome!

1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

Too bad they didn't go with the shoot finish to that Kendrick match, would've been amazing to see Kendrick win the match and even go on to win the whole thing.

My original prediction for the final was Kendrick vs. Ibushi, with Kendrick putting Ibushi over in a masterpiece of a match. But now I reckon it'll be Sabre Jr. vs Ibushi instead, which'll still be great if not as good.

Still devastated that Jack Gallagher isn't in it anymore!

1 hour ago, xylem1 said:

I know Zayn screams out "Underdog story" but we've seen it so many times with so many other superstars that I reckon it might fall a little flat. The only way they could pull it off is if they really shit on Zayn for a long time before they pulled the trigger on the angle.

That burning hammer was an OMG moment for sure, I couldn't believe it, it was awesome!

My original prediction for the final was Kendrick vs. Ibushi, with Kendrick putting Ibushi over in a masterpiece of a match. But now I reckon it'll be Sabre Jr. vs Ibushi instead, which'll still be great if not as good.

Still devastated that Jack Gallagher isn't in it anymore!

I have no doubt it'd work since I don't think he's gonna catch a break anytime soon lol. They could have him lose all the important matches (like the #1 Contender's matches) while he picks up smaller wins against guys like Jinder until he gets a big storyline in time for WM. Hell, maybe even against Owens already if Balor won't return in time.

As much as I'm loving this rejuvenated Kendrick, I don't think him winning the whole thing would've been the best option. A fresh new talent could need that push more (not to mention that his loss was such a wonderfully heartbreaking moment). Also, I'm not so sure it's gonna be Ibushi-Sabre anymore since apparently, neither have signed yet. It could go to anyone at this point. I'd be surprised if Ibushi heads to RAW's Cruiserweight Division instead of going back to NJPW to battle a certain old friend who recently won the G1 Climax for the IWGP Heavyweight Title in a few months.

2 hours ago, Breezus said:

As much as I'm loving this rejuvenated Kendrick, I don't think him winning the whole thing would've been the best option. A fresh new talent could need that push more (not to mention that his loss was such a wonderfully heartbreaking moment). Also, I'm not so sure it's gonna be Ibushi-Sabre anymore since apparently, neither have signed yet. It could go to anyone at this point. I'd be surprised if Ibushi heads to RAW's Cruiserweight Division instead of going back to NJPW to battle a certain old friend who recently won the G1 Climax for the IWGP Heavyweight Title in a few months.

Last dirt sheet report said that Ibushi hadn't signed anything with WWE yet. This wasn't very long ago.

Haven't seen the last CWC yet. Just moved into a new apartment. Hopefully gonna watch this weekend. Already know that Kendrick loses but I'm excited to see the emotional finish. I'd love to see Kendrick return to Raw's cruiserweight division.

Edited by TheWindBlower

17 hours ago, Breezus said:

I have no doubt it'd work since I don't think he's gonna catch a break anytime soon lol. They could have him lose all the important matches (like the #1 Contender's matches) while he picks up smaller wins against guys like Jinder until he gets a big storyline in time for WM. Hell, maybe even against Owens already if Balor won't return in time.

Yeah it doesn't look like he's catching a break does it? The man's put on at least 3 of the top 10 WWE/NXT matches of the year and his reward is getting to face Jinder Mahal on Raw - WOW.

I agree, I would've wanted him to go out to Ibushi in the final, it would've been epic. Well, not long to wait now...I take it the winner of the CWC won't actually be the cruiserweight champion? That's going to be decided separately I guess?

On 4 September 2016 at 5:35 PM, xylem1 said:

Yeah it doesn't look like he's catching a break does it? The man's put on at least 3 of the top 10 WWE/NXT matches of the year and his reward is getting to face Jinder Mahal on Raw - WOW.

I agree, I would've wanted him to go out to Ibushi in the final, it would've been epic. Well, not long to wait now...I take it the winner of the CWC won't actually be the cruiserweight champion? That's going to be decided separately I guess?

I guess they want to turn him into an underachieving underdog who can easily squash lower midcarders but can't win "the big one". As long as he shows up on RAW every week, gets a good storyline and a payoff will actually happen, I'm fine with that.

The CWC winner will only get the trophy since they haven't mentioned a title at all. I'm super stoked for the 2-hour live finale, I didn't think they'd to the semi-finals and the finals on the same night (btw that final hold ZSJ used against Dar Dar Binks looked absolutely brutal).

Also very happy Lucha Underground is back. Once the CWC is over, it would've been a bit depressing to only have NXT on Wednesdays.