Drive Soundtrack?

There is no doubt that Other Music in NYC near my office will get some of these. I'm not taking pre-orders but when these start hitting retail stores I will be open to buying them out and sharing them with the board. 

If I read the Mondo update on the sell-out correctly, this is a one-time pressing so I imagine they will disappear from retail locations as well fairly quickly. 

I'm in for one!

just watched this film again. SO fucking good. /chills

? No offense but I like this movie ok I just don't see how people think it is awesome? It seems like the movie is extremely lacking plot at multiple points in the film. Can someone explain this to me, is it because of the source material? The soundtrack is killer though!

Guest tms2787

There is no doubt that Other Music in NYC near my office will get some of these. I'm not taking pre-orders but when these start hitting retail stores I will be open to buying them out and sharing them with the board. 

If I read the Mondo update on the sell-out correctly, this is a one-time pressing so I imagine they will disappear from retail locations as well fairly quickly. 

Would love a copy, if you know it's doable. And I'd gladly pay in advance.

Yep! I wanted to like it, but you have to admit it is not really very detailed...

That's the point, you're left to fill in the blanks about the driver's past. It's basically a new age film noir, in the way it's shot (low lighting, camera angles) and in overall tone. There doesn't have to be any positive outcome for the main characters, which is something people I saw it with questioned, and the morality of the driver is left intentionally ambiguous. You know he's probably not a good person, judging by the way he snaps in certain scenes, let alone his profession, but he only seems to want to help the other characters in the film. Yes, there is little dialogue but the music/cinematography/actions of characters are meant to make up for that.

That's the point, you're left to fill in the blanks about the driver's past. It's basically a new age film noir, in the way it's shot (low lighting, camera angles) and in overall tone. There doesn't have to be any positive outcome for the main characters, which is something people I saw it with questioned, and the morality of the driver is left intentionally ambiguous. You know he's probably not a good person, judging by the way he snaps in certain scenes, let alone his profession, but he only seems to want to help the other characters in the film. Yes, there is little dialogue but the music/cinematography/actions of characters are meant to make up for that.

THIS x1000000000000000000

I think it's awesome that Mondo presses these amazing soundtracks and I'm extremely grateful that they do, but I really do think they need to limit the number of records people can buy.  They limit the number of prints to 2 per person, why not do the same for the vinyl?  And yes I realize that they press a lot more records than they do prints, but does anyone at Mondo really worry about something not selling out at some point on their site?

It just pisses me off thinking about all the assholes who only buy Mondo prints, who are buying 6 copies of the soundtracks just to sell them all at stupid prices.

But whatever... it's been that way for a long time and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

I think it's awesome that Mondo presses these amazing soundtracks and I'm extremely grateful that they do, but I really do think they need to limit the number of records people can buy.  They limit the number of prints to 2 per person, why not do the same for the vinyl?  And yes I realize that they press a lot more records than they do prints, but does anyone at Mondo really worry about something not selling out at some point on their site?

It just pisses me off thinking about all the assholes who only buy Mondo prints, who are buying 6 copies of the soundtracks just to sell them all at stupid prices.

But whatever... it's been that way for a long time and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Thats their style and the majority of the reason why they're as successful as they are. Id highly doubt they change their business motto moving forward. It is what it is, just gotta realize that and adapt methods to get your hands on their items.

Thats their style and the majority of the reason why they're as successful as they are. Id highly doubt they change their business motto moving forward. It is what it is, just gotta realize that and adapt methods to get your hands on their items.

Oh I know.  I don't think I've ever tried to get a print straight from Mondo.  I usually end up getting it secondhand from somewhere else.  I've been successful with all of the soundtracks though so I'm not complaining personally.  Just for the people who didn't get a chance to get one.