Drive Soundtrack?

I have the black and it's awesome. I'd like the pic disc (in which case I'd lose the black, I don't need 2) just for the novelty of it, but if I can't get it at cost screw it. I waited for the Mondo version (vs the Invada) due to it being cheaper and cooler art. Of curse having colored vinyl is always fun but it's not as important to me as the jacket art w/these releases (or the actual music/sound duh.)

I guess Reckless in Chicago actually had them on RSD, I didn't go but they claimed so on their FB. I called a few other shops bothering them and one said they "expect it this week, they'll tweet" and another was all "what?...no man that got canceled." so I'll still call them again in case, that dude seemed pretty confused.

Mine finally arrived today in Belgium. A Black one but that's ok. Allready had the Pink one from invada.

I wonder how many people buy this for the music or the artwork (or making money out of it).

Considering the picture disc version is in higher demand than even the pink vinyl right now, tells me most people just want it to hang on their wall.  Nobody seriously buys a picture disc version of a record and sells off their regular vinyl copy because they're intending on playing it ever.

Considering the picture disc version is in higher demand than even the pink vinyl right now, tells me most people just want it to hang on their wall.  Nobody seriously buys a picture disc version of a record and sells off their regular vinyl copy because they're intending on playing it ever.

Well, except for me. I don't collect multiple copies but I *do* hunt out the particular variant I really like. I know the audiophile order is black>color>picture, but these days it comes down more to the way it was pressed. I know for a fact that those new Iron Maiden reissue pic discs, while expensive, sound amazing... Every bit as good as regular black vinyl if not better.

And for this soundtrack, I'd really love the pic disc version, or alternately the pink vinyl. But the latter is a crapshoot so I'll spend this week trying to hunt down the RSD press. Any tips or heads up would be appreciated, and I'll also gladly give you cash or work a trade.

And I guess if the pic disc DOES sound like ass, the regular black will be easy to find...

Well, except for me. I don't collect multiple copies but I *do* hunt out the particular variant I really like. I know the audiophile order is black>color>picture, but these days it comes down more to the way it was pressed. I know for a fact that those new Iron Maiden reissue pic discs, while expensive, sound amazing... Every bit as good as regular black vinyl if not better.

And for this soundtrack, I'd really love the pic disc version, or alternately the pink vinyl. But the latter is a crapshoot so I'll spend this week trying to hunt down the RSD press. Any tips or heads up would be appreciated, and I'll also gladly give you cash or work a trade.

And I guess if the pic disc DOES sound like ass, the regular black will be easy to find...

It's gonna sound like ass compared to the regular.  Only times anyone should consider buying a picture disc is if you already have the regular copy available to play and want it for straight up novelty purposes, if there is no other vinyl version available to listen to or if your setup is so shitty that you can't even tell the obvious differences between regular and picture disc vinyl.

Since I already own the regular, had I gotten a copy of this, the last place I'd think to put this would be on my turntable.

If you're only looking to own 1 copy of this Drive release and actually want to spin it on your turntable and actually care about the sound quality, I highly recommend going against the pic disc release.

It's gonna sound like ass compared to the regular.  Only times anyone should consider buying a picture disc is if you already have the regular copy available to play and want it for straight up novelty purposes, if there is no other vinyl version available to listen to or if your setup is so shitty that you can't even tell the obvious differences between regular and picture disc vinyl.

Since I already own the regular, had I gotten a copy of this, the last place I'd think to put this would be on my turntable.

If you're only looking to own 1 copy of this Drive release and actually want to spin it on your turntable and actually care about the sound quality, I highly recommend going against the pic disc release.

You left out the people who may just want the damn thing at all. "... The last place I'd think to put this would be on my turntable."? Really, I knew some of us are snobs, but Jesus Christ...