Drive Soundtrack?

Guest realtalk

Umm, yeah... I know it's cool that I addressed you but you shouldn't feel flattered or give thanks.  

Please post less.  

kthx

This board, I swear. He got super lucky, +1 to him

What if it's ANYTHING else? He walks into a thrift store, sees 4 of the same thing that he can make $100 each on. Should he only get 1, just so some people he doesn't know and will never meet can buy 1 (or maybe someone else buying 3) andbe completely oblivious to a stranger passing on it?

i'm into collecting action figures. like vinyl, people like to buy up and flip rare ones for lots of money, so it can be annoyingly competitive unless you catch new shipments right as they hit the shelf. i even had a local comic shop that would jack up the price well above MSRP on release day. that said, i can't bring myself to sell something like that above cost to someone. it's a fun hobby, and people ruin it by being greedy. if i'm looking for a rare figure and i find two, i either buy one and leave the other for someone else to find, or buy both and sell the other at cost on SHH. not sure its karma, its just not being a dick.

my two cents.

This is getting ridiculous. And honestly, if everyone wasn't such a whiney stain, you could've gotten lucky on it, but hey, everyone had to complain that the guy bought them up. Oh well! Sucks for the people who didn't know the store had them before, but tough shit for them.  Not like they'll know anyway. If they wanted it that badly, they could've put in an order for it through their shop, or just, oh, I don't know, get it elsewhere. 

People have reasons for doing what they do. I flip sometimes, yeah, but I also try to balance it out by selling things at sometimes more than reasonable prices. It's not something I'm proud of doing (the flipping), but it's also something that I don't fucking blab about and advertise 'cause holy fuck, there are some goddamned animals here. (If people want to hunt me down on the bay, I'm not hard to find, anyway, so oh well.) So people try to play their hand in a the low-level stock market-esque game of flipping. Who cares? Why do you care? is it jealousy? It is the "that could've been mine!" factor? Is it a matter of being envious of the money needed to get the record in the first place? I don't even know what to put here anymore 'cause right now I'm pulling stuff out of the air, but for God's sake why is it so hard to just say "oh well, someone else got something that is highly sought after and now I will have to pay a premium for it. Maybe next time?" 

I mean, fuck if it means that much to you, I defy you to start your own record store and never sell anything for the original MSRP when the record originally came out. Good luck if you ever cross paths with a copy of Deja or Futures. Sell Deja for $20 and Futures for $25. I fucking DARE you. Sell an OG press of Chung King for a couple bucks. Sell off a copy of sink or Swim on black for $12 or $15. I guaran-goddamn-tee you would not. So if someone picks up a bunch of copies and becomes, in a sense, a small store, why is he so evil for this? Whatever store this was would've done the exact same thing. Don't fool yourselves.

Duder doesn't have to explain anything to you. He doesn't. "Why didn't you do *blah blah blah*?" Because he wanted to do otherwise! "Why don't you sell them at cost?" Because he doesn't want to and doesn't NEED to explain why! No one needs to explain anything about their motivations to everyone because this is not Soviet goddamned Russia. No one needs to show anyone their papers about their intent to sell a fucking record.

Being a victim in the past (someone took issue with how I was spending the money that i earned from selling my own records*), I just want the policing of what people do with their money and the choices they make to fucking stop. It's absolutely outrageous.

It's not your fucking money to preside over. And if they buy something with it, it's not your place to tell someone what they can do with it.

But seriously, once another member puts you in charge of a trust fund in their name, go for it, but why the fuck can't people just leave people alone? People are going to do what they are going to do, whether you shame them about it or not. Save your energy for something more constructive. Start your own label and only let people buy one copy of anything, period. Open up the store I mentioned earlier. When people see opportunity, sometimes you can't pass it up. People want this, he found them, he can do what he wants with it, and good for him if he stands to make more money because they're on pink.

Just holy God, lighten up, people. They're just some goddamn records.

(*not calling them out, and if you really care that much, you can search for it, but I don't really give a fuck about it now, just putting it forth as an example)

This is getting ridiculous. And honestly, if everyone wasn't such a whiney stain, you could've gotten lucky on it, but hey, everyone had to complain that the guy bought them up. Oh well! Sucks for the people who didn't know the store had them before, but tough shit for them. Not like they'll know anyway. If they wanted it that badly, they could've put in an order for it through their shop, or just, oh, I don't know, get it elsewhere.

People have reasons for doing what they do. I flip sometimes, yeah, but I also try to balance it out by selling things at sometimes more than reasonable prices. It's not something I'm proud of doing (the flipping), but it's also something that I don't fucking blab about and advertise 'cause holy fuck, there are some goddamned animals here. (If people want to hunt me down on the bay, I'm not hard to find, anyway, so oh well.) So people try to play their hand in a the low-level stock market-esque game of flipping. Who cares? Why do you care? is it jealousy? It is the "that could've been mine!" factor? Is it a matter of being envious of the money needed to get the record in the first place? I don't even know what to put here anymore 'cause right now I'm pulling stuff out of the air, but for God's sake why is it so hard to just say "oh well, someone else got something that is highly sought after and now I will have to pay a premium for it. Maybe next time?"

I mean, fuck if it means that much to you, I defy you to start your own record store and never sell anything for the original MSRP when the record originally came out. Good luck if you ever cross paths with a copy of Deja or Futures. Sell Deja for $20 and Futures for $25. I fucking DARE you. Sell an OG press of Chung King for a couple bucks. Sell off a copy of sink or Swim on black for $12 or $15. I guaran-goddamn-tee you would not. So if someone picks up a bunch of copies and becomes, in a sense, a small store, why is he so evil for this? Whatever store this was would've done the exact same thing. Don't fool yourselves.

Duder doesn't have to explain anything to you. He doesn't. "Why didn't you do *blah blah blah*?" Because he wanted to do otherwise! "Why don't you sell them at cost?" Because he doesn't want to and doesn't NEED to explain why! No one needs to explain anything about their motivations to everyone because this is not Soviet goddamned Russia. No one needs to show anyone their papers about their intent to sell a fucking record.

Being a victim in the past (someone took issue with how I was spending the money that i earned from selling my own records*), I just want the policing of what people do with their money and the choices they make to fucking stop. It's absolutely outrageous.

It's not your fucking money to preside over. And if they buy something with it, it's not your place to tell someone what they can do with it.

But seriously, once another member puts you in charge of a trust fund in their name, go for it, but why the fuck can't people just leave people alone? People are going to do what they are going to do, whether you shame them about it or not. Save your energy for something more constructive. Start your own label and only let people buy one copy of anything, period. Open up the store I mentioned earlier. When people see opportunity, sometimes you can't pass it up. People want this, he found them, he can do what he wants with it, and good for him if he stands to make more money because they're on pink.

(*not calling them out, and if you really care that much, you can search for it, but I don't really give a fuck about it now, just putting it forth as an example)

This just made my night so much better..thanks dude

i'm into collecting action figures. like vinyl, people like to buy up and flip rare ones for lots of money, so it can be annoyingly competitive unless you catch new shipments right as they hit the shelf. i even had a local comic shop that would jack up the price well above MSRP on release day. that said, i can't bring myself to sell something like that above cost to someone. it's a fun hobby, and people ruin it by being greedy. if i'm looking for a rare figure and i find two, i either buy one and leave the other for someone else to find, or buy both and sell the other at cost on SHH. not sure its karma, its just not being a dick.

my two cents.

Some get it, some don't.  Just gotta feel bad for those that dont...

This is getting ridiculous. And honestly, if everyone wasn't such a whiney stain, you could've gotten lucky on it, but hey, everyone had to complain that the guy bought them up. Oh well! Sucks for the people who didn't know the store had them before, but tough shit for them.  Not like they'll know anyway. If they wanted it that badly, they could've put in an order for it through their shop, or just, oh, I don't know, get it elsewhere. 

People have reasons for doing what they do. I flip sometimes, yeah, but I also try to balance it out by selling things at sometimes more than reasonable prices. It's not something I'm proud of doing (the flipping), but it's also something that I don't fucking blab about and advertise 'cause holy fuck, there are some goddamned animals here. (If people want to hunt me down on the bay, I'm not hard to find, anyway, so oh well.) So people try to play their hand in a the low-level stock market-esque game of flipping. Who cares? Why do you care? is it jealousy? It is the "that could've been mine!" factor? Is it a matter of being envious of the money needed to get the record in the first place? I don't even know what to put here anymore 'cause right now I'm pulling stuff out of the air, but for God's sake why is it so hard to just say "oh well, someone else got something that is highly sought after and now I will have to pay a premium for it. Maybe next time?" 

It's not your fucking money to preside over. And if they buy something with it, it's not your place to tell someone what they can do with it.

How come you say you're not proud of flipping when the rest of your long-winded rant (based off an argument you obviously didn't thoroughly read) is spent defending it?

Do you think it's logical to defend things that you're not proud of doing yourself?

If you read anything I said, I've always maintained that I could care less about record flipping.  I understand people are going to do it and there's a place for just that on eBay or Discogs.  Not on a thread where you've already stated that you would be willing to sell off your copies for cost.

I understand dude has bills to pay, don't care if he flips his records to pay them.  What I don't understand is using his bills as an excuse to defend his actions after he originally stated that he was trying to trade for a record.  If you've got bills to pay and you're in dire need of cash, the last thing you're asking for in return for these records is another record.  When he asked for the record in return, all he knew at that point was that he had 4 sealed Drive copies.  Once he discovered each were worth about $90 a piece, these records suddenly became a "lifesaver".  Obviously the bills weren't too important before then, now were they?

I'm not necessarily telling him what he should or shouldn't do with his records, I'm calling him out for not doing what he originally came on here and said he was going to do with them, which originally seemed like a nice gesture to the community.  I'm also calling him out for conveniently changing his story around and trying to exploit some kind of sympathy vote from others by sharing tales of which are obviously a fabricated load of BS.

my two cents.

Bullshit. You figure collectors are the worst of the hobbyists when comes to being greedy cut-throat dicks. You know damn well if you see a $5 variant that sells for 100 bucks, and so does a similar variant of some other figure in the series you want- you're gonna snatch it up for trade bait if nothing else, to say otherwise makes you either a liar or one hell of a dumbass.

Why can't you just let things go that some people don't operate the same way you do all the time? I don't need to, nor does anyone else because we're all autonomous beings and we can make out own decisions and no one deserves to be shamed into bending to yours or anyone else's will.

But just because someone's not proud of something they do, doesn't negate the benefits of them doing it. See my post above for reasons people may choose to flip or not. Also, I read the damn thing. However, most of it was spent eyerolling at everyone for being a bunch of fucking babies.

Bullshit. You figure collectors are the worst of the hobbyists when comes to being greedy cut-throat dicks. You know damn well if you see a $5 variant that sells for 100 bucks, and so does a similar variant of some other figure in the series you want- you're gonna snatch it up for trade bait if nothing else, to say otherwise makes you either a liar or one hell of a dumbass.

You do realize that not all people are the same right?