Drive Soundtrack?

Bullshit. You figure collectors are the worst of the hobbyists when comes to being greedy cut-throat dicks. You know damn well if you see a $5 variant that sells for 100 bucks, and so does a similar variant of some other figure in the series you want- you're gonna snatch it up for trade bait if nothing else, to say otherwise makes you either a liar or one hell of a dumbass.

i guess i'm a dumbass then

You do realize that not all people are the same right?

Why can't you just let things go that some people don't operate the same way you do all the time? I don't need to, nor does anyone else because we're all autonomous beings and we can make out own decisions and no one deserves to be shamed into bending to yours or anyone else's will.

But just because someone's not proud of something they do, doesn't negate the benefits of them doing it. See my post above for reasons people may choose to flip or not. Also, I read the damn thing. However, most of it was spent eyerolling at everyone for being a bunch of fucking babies.

I'm just curious as to why you state that you're not proud of flipping records?  What is it about flipping records that gives you some sort of shame? I personally could give a rat's ass about record flippers, TBH.  You can do whatever the hell you want with your records after you buy them for all I care.  The point here is that he came on here and stated that he would sell his sealed Drive copies to members on here at cost, then proceeded to open all of them, realize they're worth $90 a pop and tell everyone on here to go fuck themselves.  One of my questions is, if his stated intent was to sell his sealed copies at cost to members of VC, why even open all of them in the first place?  Point is, I can straight up lie to you on a message board because I'll suffer no ramifications for my actions.  I don't think his intent was ever to sell his copies on here at cost, so why even say it to begin with?  Was he trying to get some kind of fake community points awarded to him or something for pretending to be Mr. Nice Guy? If you know you're gonna flip these records, why come on here in the first place?  Was it to brag to others about being a record flipper?  I just don't buy the inconsistencies of his tale.

And I certainly don't want to hear the "woe is me" tale about having too much debt tied up in medical bills when you're asking for a record in return instead of cash.  Either you really need the cash or you don't, which is it?  Needing another record more than the cash tells me the bills aren't a crisis but just an excuse to help draw sympathy points from others on here.  If you actually bought into that nonsense he spewed, I feel bad for you.

You mean there are people in this country that could possibly hold themselves to a higher moral standard than just being greedy and selfish?  In the US?  The United States Of America?  Los Estados Unidos? No way.

ahhh yes don't we love the higher moral standards of assholes that bash/judge/argue/twist shit on message boards about what someone else does.

I'm just curious as to why you state that you're not proud of flipping records?  What is it about flipping records that gives you some sort of shame? I personally could give a rat's ass about record flippers, TBH.  You can do whatever the hell you want with your records after you buy them for all I care.  The point here is that he came on here and stated that he would sell his sealed Drive copies to members on here at cost, then proceeded to open all of them, realize they're worth $90 a pop and tell everyone on here to go fuck themselves.  One of my questions is, if his stated intent was to sell his sealed copies at cost to members of VC, why even open all of them in the first place?  Point is, I can straight up lie to you on a message board because I'll suffer no ramifications for my actions.  I don't think his intent was ever to sell his copies on here at cost, so why even say it to begin with?  Was he trying to get some kind of fake community points awarded to him or something for pretending to be Mr. Nice Guy? If you know you're gonna flip these records, why come on here in the first place?  Was it to brag to others about being a record flipper?  I just don't buy the inconsistencies of his tale.

I was going to post a lot earlier than I did (like, Sunday afternoon), but my phone freaked out and erased everything.

Am I misremembering that he said he had bought them with store credit? This seems like a sound thing to do when one has bills. You can't just pay any bills with store credit, so turn it into something you can pass along to people at the cost of purchase, and BOOM, bill money.

But when he says he bought all four copies, and is willing to sell at cost because he doesn't know if they're black or pink, you all just fucking pounce on him. So he bought all four, who cares? He offered them up without explanation, and instead of anyone saying thanks or "cool thing of you to do to offer them here," he just gets shit. After seeing the misplaced outrage toward him, he decides to open them and just do whatever the fuck he wants with them and he finds all of them are pink. Lucky bastard.

So why SHOULD he offer any of them here and not just put them all on ebay, especially after everyone freaks the fuck out at him? And furthermore, the trade he was proposing would be far from a bad deal. The Coasta tour press would've cost someone, what, $15-20? They get what previously was valued at $30-ish doll hairs for a fraction of that. SOmething far more limited, yes, but in terms of initial value of the item, hey, that's pretty cool. 

All that aside, no one is forcing someone to give up their tour press of this album. No one is forcing anybody to do anything. It's put out there as an option. If he gets that tour press, great, if not, that's cool too. Whatever, no one is harmed by any of this.

And about the "Excuses," why do you even care enough to harp on about it? I didn't buy into anything because I don't care that much. Clearly when things were more mysterious, he felt that passing them on at cost would help someone here, and if he could get a record he wanted out of it, it wouldn't be too much out of what he could put toward whatever else because holy shit, sometimes people can treat themselves when they amass $100+ for a bunch of records. he may very well have bills that it would make more sense to put the revenue brought in from selling these pink variants where it just wasn't worth putting it toward the medical bills before. I know if I sell something for $30, I'm going to use it for more of an immediate need than a bill that is getting paid on at a steady pace. Likewise, I'm going to place a windfall of a couple hundred toward something of greater importance like a larger bill that I want to go away. It's a difference in how people use their money. 

Re: flipping, it's another cognitive dissonance. I'm a "bad" punk, if you will. I want to live my life free of a need to flip, but it by and large supplements my own record buying habit and has allowed me to get things that I've wanted. I would also love to not need to sell off choice pieces of my collection to merely pay for gas and other things, but as I remarked earlier, sometimes THE HOBBY (© Jhulud) is like a low-grade sock market. You stand to make a bit of money on these plastic discs, when it's something you need, and you can use THE HOBBY (© Jhulud) to do it if you have any spare doll hairs lying around. My goal is to get to the point where I don't buy multiples of things and I can just concentrate of buying one copy for my own enjoyment. That's what I got into this for, and I would've rather have kept it that way, but necessity calls for things you don't like doing sometimes. My preference for adhering to a semblance of the punk ethos gets int the way of flipping. I don't like it, but I realize I am at a point in my life where it is beneficial for me to do it, so I begrudgingly do it now and again when I feel it would benefit me for one reason or another. In brighter times I engaged in this very conversation with another VC Chicagoan. This isn't a conversation I like having. Now it's typed out and hey, cool. Oh well. The goal, however, as I said is to get to a point where I don't feel like I need to do it. So wish me luck in finding better work, I guess? You and probably anyone else reading this probably won't, but oh well.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Fuck, why am I even typing anymore?

I was going to post a lot earlier than I did (like, Sunday afternoon), but my phone freaked out and erased everything.

Am I misremembering that he said he had bought them with store credit? This seems like a sound thing to do when one has bills. You can't just pay any bills with store credit, so turn it into something you can pass along to people at the cost of purchase, and BOOM, bill money.

But when he says he bought all four copies, and is willing to sell at cost because he doesn't know if they're black or pink, you all just fucking pounce on him. So he bought all four, who cares? He offered them up without explanation, and instead of anyone saying thanks or "cool thing of you to do to offer them here," he just gets shit. After seeing the misplaced outrage toward him, he decides to open them and just do whatever the fuck he wants with them and he finds all of them are pink. Lucky bastard.

So why SHOULD he offer any of them here and not just put them all on ebay, especially after everyone freaks the fuck out at him? And furthermore, the trade he was proposing would be far from a bad deal. The Coasta tour press would've cost someone, what, $15-20? They get what previously was valued at $30-ish doll hairs for a fraction of that. SOmething far more limited, yes, but in terms of initial value of the item, hey, that's pretty cool. 

All that aside, no one is forcing someone to give up their tour press of this album. No one is forcing anybody to do anything. It's put out there as an option. If he gets that tour press, great, if not, that's cool too. Whatever, no one is harmed by any of this.

And about the "Excuses," why do you even care enough to harp on about it? I didn't buy into anything because I don't care that much. Clearly when things were more mysterious, he felt that passing them on at cost would help someone here, and if he could get a record he wanted out of it, it wouldn't be too much out of what he could put toward whatever else because holy shit, sometimes people can treat themselves when they amass $100+ for a bunch of records. he may very well have bills that it would make more sense to put the revenue brought in from selling these pink variants where it just wasn't worth putting it toward the medical bills before. I know if I sell something for $30, I'm going to use it for more of an immediate need than a bill that is getting paid on at a steady pace. Likewise, I'm going to place a windfall of a couple hundred toward something of greater importance like a larger bill that I want to go away. It's a difference in how people use their money. 

Re: flipping, it's another cognitive dissonance. I'm a "bad" punk, if you will. I want to live my life free of a need to flip, but it by and large supplements my own record buying habit and has allowed me to get things that I've wanted. I would also love to not need to sell off choice pieces of my collection to merely pay for gas and other things, but as I remarked earlier, sometimes THE HOBBY (© Jhulud) is like a low-grade sock market. You stand to make a bit of money on these plastic discs, when it's something you need, and you can use THE HOBBY (© Jhulud) to do it if you have any spare doll hairs lying around. My goal is to get to the point where I don't buy multiples of things and I can just concentrate of buying one copy for my own enjoyment. That's what I got into this for, and I would've rather have kept it that way, but necessity calls for things you don't like doing sometimes. My preference for adhering to a semblance of the punk ethos gets int the way of flipping. I don't like it, but I realize I am at a point in my life where it is beneficial for me to do it, so I begrudgingly do it now and again when I feel it would benefit me for one reason or another. In brighter times I engaged in this very conversation with another VC Chicagoan. This isn't a conversation I like having. Now it's typed out and hey, cool. Oh well. The goal, however, as I said is to get to a point where I don't feel like I need to do it. So wish me luck in finding better work, I guess? You and probably anyone else reading this probably won't, but oh well.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Fuck, why am I even typing anymore?

The point is that those "lifesaving bills" weren't an immediate need because if they were, cash would have been the first thing he asked for when he originally posted.  I think we can all disregard the whole "bills issue" because that's just an obvious fabrication brought up to try and win some sympathy points from other members.  Again, you don't need to justify why he's flipping these records because I'm simply arguing ideas based off statements that came out of his own mouth.  A number of Drive records have been flipped on the VC for sale thread and I haven't complained on any of those threads because I simply don't care as long as you're making your intentions clear with what you're doing.  My feeling is that he wasn't being honest about a number of things on here and I called him out on his false intentions.  He wouldn't own up to it and just kept dumping excuse after excuse trying to cover up those false intentions and that's when things got silly.

The point is that those "lifesaving bills" weren't an immediate need because if they were, cash would have been the first thing he asked for when he originally posted. I think we can all disregard the whole "bills issue" because that's just an obvious fabrication brought up to try and win some sympathy points from other members. Again, you don't need to justify why he's flipping these records because I'm simply arguing ideas based off statements that came out of his own mouth. A number of Drive records have been flipped on the VC for sale thread and I haven't complained on any of those threads because I simply don't care as long as you're making your intentions clear with what you're doing. My feeling is that he wasn't being honest about a number of things on here and I called him out on his false intentions. He wouldn't own up to it and just kept dumping excuse after excuse trying to cover up those false intentions and that's when things got silly.

I'm only going to reply to your stubborn ass one more time and then I'm done because now your just pissing me and everyone else off. I never came on this thread and lied to anyone. I saw 4 Drive Soundtracks and thought it would be cool to help some people out with a plain black copy. I guess I should have said "Assuming these are all black, I will sell these at cost plus shipping." My mistake. I never said I wasn't going to keep these sealed by the way. Do you really in my wildest dreams think I would buy 4 copies and get all pink, let alone one?? I was more surprised than anyone to find out I had just scored 4 pinks. You and a few others gave me a hard time because I was buying these. As soon as I found out that they were pink you try to flip the story and say I'm lying and not being honest about my intentions. Like I said before, a dent in my medical bills seems a lot more enticing by getting $400 than $160! This wasnt a ploy to get anyone to pity me and buy my records. It clearly changed my mind about paying off some more medical debt when i found out they were worth a whole lot more. I don't have a woe is me story; I could care less if you pity me or anyone else. I never lied to you and say I wasn't trying to flip these after I found out that they were pink. Your just an idiot and have assumed things this whole time you've been posting on here. Let me help you out and get you to stop annoying everyone because this is what seems to be your reason for consistent nagging. I AM FLIPPING THESE 4 PINK COPIES OF THE DRIVE SOUNDTRACK! Are you better now? Quit trying to be the tough guy on the Internet and try to tell others your opinion of whether or not what they post is truth or a lie. If you were really so concerned about my "story" you could have personally messaged me but instead you felt the need to let everyone know your status as Drive Soundtrack chief commander.

I'm only going to reply to your stubborn ass one more time and then I'm done because now your just pissing me and everyone else off. I never came on this thread and lied to anyone. I saw 4 Drive Soundtracks and thought it would be cool to help some people out with a plain black copy. I guess I should have said "Assuming these are all black, I will sell these at cost plus shipping." My mistake. I never said I wasn't going to keep these sealed by the way. Do you really in my wildest dreams think I would buy 4 copies and get all pink, let alone one?? I was more surprised than anyone to find out I had just scored 4 pinks. You and a few others gave me a hard time because I was buying these. As soon as I found out that they were pink you try to flip the story and say I'm lying and not being honest about my intentions. Like I said before, a dent in my medical bills seems a lot more enticing by getting $400 than $160! This wasnt a ploy to get anyone to pity me and buy my records. It clearly changed my mind about paying off some more medical debt when i found out they were worth a whole lot more. I don't have a woe is me story; I could care less if you pity me or anyone else. I never lied to you and say I wasn't trying to flip these after I found out that they were pink. Your just an idiot and have assumed things this whole time you've been posting on here. Let me help you out and get you to stop annoying everyone because this is what seems to be your reason for consistent nagging. I AM FLIPPING THESE 4 PINK COPIES OF THE DRIVE SOUNDTRACK! Are you better now? Quit trying to be the tough guy on the Internet and try to tell others your opinion of whether or not what they post is truth or a lie. If you were really so concerned about my "story" you could have personally messaged me but instead you felt the need to let everyone know your status as Drive Soundtrack chief commander.

"Like I said before, a dent in my medical bills seems a lot more enticing by getting $400 than $160!"

So why did you describe it as being a "lifesaver"?

"I AM FLIPPING THESE 4 PINK COPIES OF THE DRIVE SOUNDTRACK!"

Glad you're no longer trying to deny that what you were doing was considered flipping.

"I saw 4 Drive Soundtracks and thought it would be cool to help some people out with a plain black copy. I guess I should have said "Assuming these are all black, I will sell these at cost plus shipping." My mistake."

Yes, now you see where the issue arose.  Though you had plenty of time to correct that "mistake".

"Like I said before, a dent in my medical bills seems a lot more enticing by getting $400 than $160! This wasnt a ploy to get anyone to pity me and buy my records."

No it was an excuse to try and get someone to pity you.

And this is what we can't have nice things on VC.

Any personal "issues" you may have w/ another VC member, please take it to PM's and off the boards. The "public shaming" that has been more and more of a trend around here has gotten tiresome.