Upcoming Releases

I figured there should be a thread for upcoming releases. and on that note:

quote:

CHUCK RAGAN "Feast or Famine" LP/CD (LP on No Idea; CD version on Side One Dummy)

This will be out on August 7th! It will be on colored vinyl! It comes with a FREE POSTER if you pre-order!

(and remember: pre-orders always get the most limited colors that are available!)

You can order from our main page (www.noidearecords.com), or go straight to http://www.noidearecords.com/bands/chuckragan/!

Chuck's live album "Los Feliz" is also out now on LP! If you placed a pre-order for that LP, it will be arriving in your mailbox very soon!

from the no idea newsletter. this may be common knowledge but whatever :)

I kind of get annoyed by all the repressing. I'm in favor of repressing a record if you give it different artwork, or if there are new songs, etc... But just repressing a record for no other reason than the fact that you can make a bucket of money is lame.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a full-blown capitalist and anything record labels have to do to stay afloat is cool with me. But as a collector, it's a little annoying sometimes.

Now the jazz reissues are great. I love those. You get a high-quality version of a record that's been out of print for like 40 years

Ergs! / Lemuria 7" repress (orange/500) currently up for order at www.artoftheunderground.com

Can't find it.

Third one down

http://www.artoftheunderground.com/releases.php

The label email said to order via the site (which will be updated shortly with news of the second press).

Email list members got a jump...I'm passing it along.

pumped for the chuck ragan full length.

I am too, but it seems like there are only a few new songs that weren't on the "Blueprint Sessions" and "los Feliz". Some how Chuck has made the about three albums out of 16 or 17 songs. But he has quite the collection of supporting musicians, which makes this release more interesting for me...

Chuck Ragan - Guitars, Vocals, Hohner Special 20 Harps, Piano, Hammond B-3, Drums,

Lap Steel, Vibraphones, Nana Ellen’s Marxophone, The Trashcan and The Pipe Wrench

Jon Gaunt - The Fiddle

Nathan Maxwell - Bass and PMA

Josh Small - Banjo and Dobro

Ted Hutt - Mandolin, Bodhran, Tambourine Assaults, Backing Vocals, Percussion

Matt Hensley - Tedrow Concertinas

James Fearnely - Accordion

Its gonna be good.

pumped for the chuck ragan full length.

I am too, but it seems like there are only a few new songs that weren't on the "Blueprint Sessions" and "los Feliz". Some how Chuck has made the about three albums out of 16 or 17 songs. But he has quite the collection of supporting musicians, which makes this release more interesting for me...

Chuck Ragan - Guitars, Vocals, Hohner Special 20 Harps, Piano, Hammond B-3, Drums,

Lap Steel, Vibraphones, Nana Ellen’s Marxophone, The Trashcan and The Pipe Wrench

Jon Gaunt - The Fiddle

Nathan Maxwell - Bass and PMA

Josh Small - Banjo and Dobro

Ted Hutt - Mandolin, Bodhran, Tambourine Assaults, Backing Vocals, Percussion

Matt Hensley - Tedrow Concertinas

James Fearnely - Accordion

Its gonna be good.

I've heard it. Even though it's the same songs, they all sound new and different. All of the songs are really full and rich with lots of layers, but simple at the same time. It's really good.