How To Organize Your Record Collection

By genre (garage punk, hardcore, krautrock, etc - if I did it purely alphabetical, it would just look awkward to me having stuff like Blink 182 and Can mashed side by side) and if there are enough albums to do so for any particular one, by record label (Tooth and Nail, Hozac, In The Red, etc)

yeah, that's the thing. When a record collection is filed by genre, no collection will ever be completely alike since MY definition of what a band is may be different than someone else's. Folks will look into a genre to find a band and come up empty because I have that band filed elsewhere.

By genre (garage punk, hardcore, krautrock, etc - if I did it purely alphabetical, it would just look awkward to me having stuff like Blink 182 and Can mashed side by side) and if there are enough albums to do so for any particular one, by record label (Tooth and Nail, Hozac, In The Red, etc)

This. Deetron next to Deftones just doesn't work for me. DJ mentality = genre classification.

It's dumber to comment on him commenting on it.

*I know it is also dumber for me to comment on you commenting on him commenting on it.*