Lagwagon - Putting Music In Its Place

I noticed the pressing numbers were up on fat yesterday...

2320 CD Box Sets (No longer available)

519 Color LP Box Sets (No longer available)

517 Black LP Box Sets (No longer available)

Ha! Lower numbers for the black copies. We are all suckers!

Not really, black copies are easily available out of the box (except for the 7").

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick question to you all: isnt 1036 a bit of an odd number on total pressing of box sets? I thought most plants would do even amounts in units of 100, no?

Not really. The pre-order went up pretty early on this. I think they got a rough number of pre-orders until a certain date and press some copies for the band/backstock/later date (?) and pressed more black for various distros.

I noticed the pressing numbers were up on fat yesterday...

2320 CD Box Sets (No longer available)

519 Color LP Box Sets (No longer available)

517 Black LP Box Sets (No longer available)

Was really expecting for the color to be in the /200-300 range

Exactly what I thought.

A quick question to you all: isnt 1036 a bit of an odd number on total pressing of box sets? I thought most plants would do even amounts in units of 100, no?

Pretty sure Fat orders 500 and the plant has a little over run. It's probably like that for most pressings, but most labels just count the number that was ordered. Fat caters to the nerds and counts 'em all!

I just pulled this out of my ass, so don't quote me on it! Sounds good tho...right?

Pretty sure Fat orders 500 and the plant has a little over run. It's probably like that for most pressings, but most labels just count the number that was ordered. Fat caters to the nerds and counts 'em all!

I just pulled this out of my ass, so don't quote me on it! Sounds good tho...right?

ha ha! Ill buy that!

I can back you on this. Pressing plants often have an overrun or more unlikely an underrun, mostly between 3 up-to 10 percent. Most of the times a label has to pay for these also.

Pretty sure everyone always has to pay for overrun... typically when you order records in the purchase agreement there's a note saying that you have to pay for all overrun up to like 10% or so, and that you obviously won't be charged full price if you get an under run. Not that plants do it on purpose, but it seems like they can make a decent bit more money overall by just overrunning pressings all the time. Imagine someone ordering 1000 records, so they press ~1100 instead, that's probably an extra one or two hundred bucks worth of records they can charge you for... do that for EVERY press you do at your plant and you're talking thousands more dollars of profit.

Pretty sure everyone always has to pay for overrun... typically when you order records in the purchase agreement there's a note saying that you have to pay for all overrun up to like 10% or so, and that you obviously won't be charged full price if you get an under run. Not that plants do it on purpose, but it seems like they can make a decent bit more money overall by just overrunning pressings all the time. Imagine someone ordering 1000 records, so they press ~1100 instead, that's probably an extra one or two hundred bucks worth of records they can charge you for... do that for EVERY press you do at your plant and you're talking thousands more dollars of profit.

I think Erika pressing plant had a deal recently and customers didn't have to pay for overruns.

That said I'm so glad I bought this. Made me realize how much I love and miss Lagwagon again! :)