The Bluths are back.

last i heard networks were fighting over this.

why would they sell exclusive rights to netflix?

Because lots of people have Netflix, and Netflix has a bunch of money and a distribution company for original content, and they're looking to regain some goodwill after they had the audacity to charge a few dollars more for unlimited access to thousands of movies and TV shows.

I could really care less about what channel or service will be airing these episodes. I'll find a way to watch it one way or another. I just want to see them NAOW!!!

And on a side note: Imagine the outrage that will arise if the new material ends up being lame and not funny. Not that I want that to happen but if the magic is gone and they try to cash in anyway... it could get interesting.

i dont think theres any way that can happen.

everyone involved in the show seems to be pretty well connected to the fan base- they know what we liked, nay, loved from the show, and i cant imagine theyd go in with any plans deviating from that.

• 1 year later...

I wonder if this will be any raunchier or anything after the Netflix jump.

Also looks like Netflix is about to launch this. Looks pretty good:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2309295/?ref_=sr_1

I read that they are really pushing the budget on their shows. House of cards cost close to $5 million an episode to make. Risky move...

It's a risky move but I think it could be a really smart move.  If they start putting out quality shows they are producing then that equals more subscriptions and probably DVD sales at some point ala HBO or Showtime which I think with these shows they are putting themselves in direct competition with them.

It's a risky move but I think it could be a really smart move.  If they start putting out quality shows they are producing then that equals more subscriptions and probably DVD sales at some point ala HBO or Showtime which I think with these shows they are putting themselves in direct competition with them.

Apparently part of their business model is to run these shows for about 4 years and then spin them off to traditional networks for a premium.

It just seems like SO much money given that they have no advertising (actually, they foot the bill for advertising on top of production costs). Ballparking numbers, but if they spend $50 million on House of Cards and it get's your average new customer to come in for 3 years at $10 a month (again, just making the numbers easy) then a new customer is worth about $300 to them. So they need to attract something like 150k customers per season to justify the production cost? And how many new customers are they going to get for the next show at $3 million per episode, that aren't already signed on for House of Cards?

You ever get around to watching AD all the way through Lebowski? Didn't you say you had heard a lot but hadn't actually sat down and taken it all in?

I watched through the whole thing a couple months ago. It is good. I will definitely continue to watch. I just think it is overhyped. I could list 10 comedies I think are better shows. It was sold to me as something that was unbelievable. Off hand, it doesn't touch Workaholics, Always Sunny, or Chappelle's Show. I also like Big Bang more but I know that is a divisive topic.

no other show goes this deep with their jokes

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/08/commonly-referenced-arrested-development-hidden-gems/#page/1

I watched through the whole thing a couple months ago. It is good. I will definitely continue to watch. I just think it is overhyped. I could list 10 comedies I think are better shows. It was sold to me as something that was unbelievable. Off hand, it doesn't touch Workaholics, Always Sunny, or Chappelle's Show. I also like Big Bang more but I know that is a divisive topic.