The Bluths are back.

Seinfeld is sort of important though. Like Soprano's, it may be surpassed but it help pave the road.

For me AD is the best comedy that has ever aired. Period. But there are a lot of other objectively good shows and some people click with different shit.

BBT is Two and a Half Men with nerd jokes instead of sex jokes. It doesn't belong in any serious discussion of quality TV comedies.

My two cents.

I had a roommate who was super into South Park. Super intelligent guy, great taste in everything. He showed me a rundown of his favorite episodes from across all the seasons, so I've seen probably 30-40 episodes. My beefs are as follows:

I don't dislike it because it's offensive or shocking. Most of the greatest comedic works are "un-PC", and who doesn't love a good fart joke? However, its crudity seems to serve no purpose. It's not like Louis CK talking about wiping shit out of his daughter's cunt, it's more like every movie where the dad goes to change the baby's diaper and the baby pees on him.

It's not clever. The biggest thing I hear about South Park is that it's a biting takedown of pop culture or whatever, but its observations are incredibly tired and ham handed. I feel like I'm reading journal entries from a 17 year old who thinks he's the first person to really understand that the pillars of society are bullshit. Everything they cover has been done better by someone else. Yes yes, I know: Simpsons did it.

All it really has going for it is timeliness, but even in that regard, Colbert, Stewart, SNL etc. all manage to pump out better material with shorter turnaround times. I've had people tell me each episode is created entirely in the 6 days leading up to its broadcast, like this should matter to someone who's watching it years later. Maybe have a longer lead time and you'll make a more consistent show, even if it means your Kanye West jokes won't be as timely?

Again, this only bothers me because people who like all the same things I do think this show is amazing, and I think it's a sub-Family Guy piece of shit for middle schoolers. This is all personal opinion, I will say that I love Orgazmo, Baseketball and about half of Team America.