The Bluths are back.

yes, that show. because people are watching it now. lots of them in fact.

4 million viewers on average on Fox, 5 million viewers on Netflix:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/04/30/the-michael-bluth-effect-netflixs-content-advantag.aspx

Not sure how many of those are counted together, but maybe 6 million people are waiting for the show to come back? Netflix has close to 40 million streaming subscribers.

It's cool. Everyone's happy. Netflix going to do well. Just trying to put the numbers in context. Another great move from a great company (Netflix) but it's not like the Super Bowl is being streamed exclusively on their servers. Won't even cause a little bit of slow streaming on their part.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan and excited this show is coming back. The only thing that gives me pause is that there was extensive use of green screens and a rush job to complete editing in time.

The three things that made the show special were the writing, the editing, and the rapport between the actors. I'm confident the first element will be there, but the other two required some compromises.

I'm sure there will be some wink-wink, nudge-nudge jokes about the whole situation, and creatively I think that everyone involved is more than capable of producing something worthwhile.

But I also think that you can't go back. We've had years to sit with, and think about, and soak in, and weave little bits of the first three seasons into the pop-culture lexicon. There's no way that the new season could be so organic, and certainly not as fresh. I'm sure it will be funny, but I'm keeping my expectations realistic.